Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crashes and how to fix them

theDV's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Crashes and how to fix them

i have had crashes for many months 20-24 relay i was just playing the game when suddenly i was in the desktop now i have thrown every ting out of the computer and i men every ting but still it crashes and now i have the blue screen and i have no idea abort what i´m gong to do HELP

Fixed it
    Last edited by theDV; February 24, 2009 at 04:15 PM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by theDV View Post
    no the only ting i can do is restart and then turn the PC off
    What are you computer specs?

theDV's Avatar Libertus

Last edited by theDV; February 24, 2009 at 04:15 PM.

Here is an explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death.
    Here is a guide to fix them I just found: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1647.

Hope this helps. Curiosity, when was the last time you updated all your drivers and programs, cleaned your registry, and defragged your harddrive?

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post

Mod CTD during game

Loading or during game CTD, with no error message
    Q: The game CTD and error log just says the mod has crashed.

A: This is normally caused by one of the files in the data/text folder not containing all the required information. It's often the data/text/expanded.txt but not always.
    I am having this crash. After using Stainless Steel 6.2 for 3mins the game shuts down (in late era faction selection). If the text - expandation file is damaged, how do I fix it, and are there any other possible explanation on this bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher94 View Post
    I am having this crash. After using Stainless Steel 6.2 for 3mins the game shuts down (in late era faction selection). If the text - expandation file is damaged, how do I fix it, and are there any other possible explanation on this bug?
    This, buddy is for Stainless Steel forum. To give you experience with downloads in general, try to reinstall the mod. The file isn't big but the game won't run without it because it's the glue that keeps the mod running. All else fails, download the mod, again.

Thank you again for your help, Irishron.
    It was unnecessary to ask this time, and I true,
    I should have written on the Stainless Steel forums.
    It turns out that I can "fix" this bug by just choose
    a faction quick. The rest of the mod runs okey.
    Again, thank you!

theDV's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Curiosity, when was the last time you updated all your drivers and programs, cleaned your registry, and defragged your harddrive?
    About a month a go

Quote Originally Posted by arogun34 View Post
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX MED 2 CRASHES SAYING UNKNOWN ERROR EVERYTIME I FIGHT THE Timirid faction ON THE BATTLEFIELD, tHIS ONLY IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS FACTION.
    tHANKS
    Hi new to forum first post.
    Did you manage to fix this because I have the same problem. The termids have my Cordoba under seege. Although the the ballance of power is in Turdim's favour they have no seige equipment only elephants and I have cannon towers. They line up at a distance and the AI cannons slowly start to take them out. At that point the program always crashes just when I'm on to a sure win with no loses. I've rebooted the computer and there's nothing else running in the background but each time it allways crashes.
    I have a quad cord pentium only bought 3 months ago which is a pretty high spec I am running Vista however.
    Can anybody help pleassssse

Cannon elephants are a known bug. Use the search function and you may find if it's been fixed or not.

Cheers, I've had a look now that I've larned that they are cal Timurides not Turmids, my searches are a lot more successful! The fix is to turn the cannon elephants off in a system file I'll try that before delving any deaper for answers.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=217750

I'm having that issue; at turn 125's end, the game crashes during Egypt's turn. I've tried many many things and none have worked. I don't know which files in particular to edit, and my log hasn't shown any errors beyond the last one.

I tried doing "control Egypt" but I have no idea what that is or how it works, and it didn't work---I didn't gain control of Egypt and the game crashed anyway. I don't know what Hotseat is, but my CFG file has stats for Hotseat on it like other mods with hotseat.

Please help me someone.I plat medieval 2 versions 1.0 1nd 1.1 with ease but when version 1.2 install it gives some kind of error "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." plz plz plz someone help me.I have done every thing uninstall reinstall.Here is error system log

00:01:10.046 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:01:10.062 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    00:01:10.062 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:01:10.062 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:01:10.062 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:01:10.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:01:10.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:01:10.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:01:11.968 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

You cannot update 1.2 onto 1.1. There is a conflict and the update will fail. 1.2 will only update on a clean 1.0.

Unit crash
    Q: Game crashes when you try to get the information about a unit or when you go to battle with a particular unit.

A: The data\export_descr_unit.txt info for that unit contains an error. Make sure the tabs and spaces are in the right place, information is not missing or duplicated, and that the 'soldier' line refers to a an actual unit (try not to change this).

^ I have this problem with a particular unit called Venetian Heavy Infantry from the Venice faction, I do not know what to check as I did no modification to this particular unit to be having a crash

What version of the game are you playing? That's been around since 1.0.

I have the 1.3 patch I believe that is the latest patch...

Follow this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...y+infantry+fix.

It's for 1.2 and will have to do some editing for 1.3 but the info is in there.

Hey, can anyone help?

I reinstalled Kingdoms, but when I tried to launch the game I get an error message saying that Kingdoms is incompatible with an emulator software, with a link to this page:
    http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=2500+&l=en

I have followed the instructions written there, unmounted everything in Daemon Tools, disabled the drives, but the game still won't start and I get the same error message again.

Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    Hey, can anyone help?

I reinstalled Kingdoms, but when I tried to launch the game I get an error message saying that Kingdoms is incompatible with an emulator software, with a link to this page:
    http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=2500+&l=en

I have followed the instructions written there, unmounted everything in Daemon Tools, disabled the drives, but the game still won't start and I get the same error message again.

Please help.
    That's what you get for trying get aound it.
    First soultion is to make sure you have all emulation software and dvd burning sofware removed from your harddrive, uninstall the game, and reinstall the game.
    Second solution if that doesn't work is to reformat your harddrive, and reload the game.