Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crashes and how to fix them

Default Re: Crashes and how to fix them

Ok I'm back after fixing the error messages, when loading a game that would crash before it keeps crashing and when I started a new campaign the same CTD happens as before around turn 58 this time.

There were no new (error) messages in the log, so I tried the more extensive log. However this also doesn't show an error that would cause the CTD I think. I put the log in the attachment.

Thanks again for your time, any idea how I could continue?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

What happens if you replay your last save? Does the log look the same?

Well as I did load that save before and use the more extensive logtype I thought it wouldn't matter, however I tried it anyway.

What was most interesting was that now it didn't CTD until 4 turns later. And when I loaded the autosave again it CTD'd again after 2 turns. And now it's stuck again CTDing in the AI's next turn.

Checked the logs every time, they were not identical but roughly the same, and no [error] messages.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Then they are random errors if you cannot reproduce the error. You get one that you can reproduce, post the log, and we'll see if we can find it.

I do my own beta testing and this is the only way I can chase them. Good luck.

Sorry, but I have managed to create new map and use existing region colors from mod, in which i haven't modified anything except from world folder , and it seems to be 100% ok as it said in latest Geomod version, I have checked all...even tried all types of logs..it crashes immediately before i push start buttom in my camping screen. What could cause this problem?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Reasons for crash when clicking faction symbol in start menu:

invalid victory conditions - use Geomod to check the win_conditions (Factions\Campaign\Victory)
    invalid picture format for faction pics (leader\maps\units) eg grey-scale or wrong format of TGA file.

Win conditions are fine, as well as invalid picture format( It crashes not when i select faction symbol, i can click to all of them without crash, it crashes when i push the button "start" whatever faction it is.

Blog Entries

Probably a map error. Upload your (compressed) log, it might contain some usable info.

Ok, here it is

Blog Entries

Move this file somewhere else (as a backup), delete map.rwm and then try again: mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/base/map_heights.hgt

Same...

Blog Entries

If your work was not extensive, then I would suggest to start again. It is probably a color code problem. Just recently I had a case where the opacity of the brush was set to 99% - that was enough to cause an error.

Make a minor adjustment like changing the color of a few pixels in map_regions to the neighbor's color. If that causes a crash, then it might be your set up of the brush that you are using in your graphic editor.

Strange, I have checked all provinces, they are 100 opacity.
    Just i have used the same brush and the same program,when I was changing (not making new) borders of map, and game didn't crash...

I have encountered a strange error with my modded game:

when start a campaign, the game blackscreens after the loading bar is fully loaded and I get an "unspecified error" window.
    If I klick ok the game does not shut down and I have to close it using task manager.

system log only says unspecified error.

Gigantus I get it! The problem was with rivers, I have corrected them. Now it is loading and generating map.rwp! But it anyway i get crash window...

Blog Entries

It still looks like a map error. Are you sure you fixed the rivers? Best to check by replacing map_features with a complete black graphic.

Yeah that was rivers, solved.
    After I push bottom Start Camping, it crashes. In log there is no any errors, i have checked all possibilities listed in this topic.
    Before it was working 100 proc fine, i have added 2-3 regions, then added one hidden res, and added some new buildings. Now I have restored previous export_descr_buildings.txt and anyway it crashes...

I get it, problem with faction objectives!

Blog Entries

check descr_win_conditions (imperial_campaign folder) if you have invalid conditions (non exiting regions or factions as conditions)

LordJax's Avatar Laetus

Can someone please help I,m trying to add wardogs to vanilla MTW2 from eotheses’ expanded americas but with out much luck I succeeded once but the handlers had no textures (unfortunately this was done in my main install folder and when I tried to fix them I broke my game) I’ve since been trying from a mod folder but cant repeat my success could some look over these for me and tell me what im missing ,please.
    system.log.txtexport_descr_unit.txtsystem.log.txtexport_descr_unit.txt I tried to upload my MODEBL file but I got an invalid file message for now just to see them in a custom battle would do I,m quite enjoying the process now I can make a mod file but this has become very frustrating thanx in advance anybody

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast