Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mount and Blade Release Date Announced

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Mount and Blade Release Date Announced

http://news.filefront.com/mount-and-...c-this-spring/

Q2 2008 will be the time when the full version is released! M&B is coming out of beta m8s!

All Hail Paradox for being there publisher!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Default Re: THE RELEASE DATE FOR IS HERE!

Armagan himself said he is hoping for a May release: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...html#msg819853

Although I don't think that is enough time to bring M&B up to quality standards. It seems like they are rushing this project out the door

_TheChevalier_'s Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by allthesedamnnamesaretaken View Post
    Armagan himself said he is hoping for a May release: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...html#msg819853

Although I don't think that is enough time to bring M&B up to quality standards. It seems like they are rushing this project out the door
    Same opinion here, I would like that M&B be released a bit later, you know, in order to improve all the features and correct any eventual bug that can occur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do not breathe, neither look or listen, DO NOT EXIST!!!"

Well there will probably be patches and stuff after its released which add new content and fix bugs.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Well there will probably be patches and stuff after its released which add new content and fix bugs.
    Of course there will be patches, but I'd prefer the game with a polished release, though we know that M&B dev. team knows how to spawn patches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Default Re: Mount and Blade Release Date Announced

Well if they work straight from now until May, I think it'd be polished. I mean, it's pretty damn polished for a beta right now. It's got less bugs now than BF2 did when it was released.

I'd be more satisfied with say a November 2008 release. Just in time for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    Well if they work straight from now until May, I think it'd be polished. I mean, it's pretty damn polished for a beta right now. It's got less bugs now than BF2 did when it was released.
    Is true that this game is polished, May would be an interest release date if they are going to do some hard-work until the release, which I hope to be the 20th (my birthday).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Honestly I've already got my mind set for the sequel. Any additional polishing for the final version can be done by the modders. I'm ready for multiplayer dammit!

Thanks for fixing my title btw , It was late when I posted this

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

What? I have never encountered a bug in the newest beta patches!

But I hope the full release will include:

-More facial/hair variety.
    -Better sounds(Altough I know theres mods).
    -More weapons!
    -More armor!
    -More shields!
    -More horses!
    -Better battlefield graphics!
    -Better battle AI
    -More detailed world map
    -More castles, and the opportunity to besiege the cities too.
    -Maybe faster "date", I feel I'm stuck at 1257...
    -When you can move faster in date, maybe more reneissance warfare with pikes and muskets?

You name it! God wills it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx_15 View Post
    But I hope the full release will include:
    opportunity to besiege the cities too.
    -Maybe faster "date", I feel I'm stuck at 1257...
    -When you can move faster in date, maybe more reneissance warfare with pikes and muskets?
    You can already siege cities (even though it's difficult).
    Faster date? Renaissance? That's a bit too much Medieval Total War for my taste Let's leave that to the 'modificationers'

Some say the game may be rushed into it's final release,
    but a new version is on it's way, so let's see what improvements that brings

Feudal period is a perfect setting for M&B and honestly if the game gets rushed to publish I really won't complain considering the price I paid for the final version and all the enjoyment I've got with the mods. Keeping in mind that modders will continue to work on it, so let them focus on M&BII

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Adorno1 View Post
    You can already siege cities (even though it's difficult).
    Faster date? Renaissance? That's a bit too much Medieval Total War for my taste Let's leave that to the 'modificationers'

Some say the game may be rushed into it's final release,
    but a new version is on it's way, so let's see what improvements that brings
    How can you besiege cities? It only pops up *Bla bla bla* and *Approach to hail the guard* or *disguise yourself and attempt to enter* or something like that.

The date should be faster, since it takes for ever to get from june to july for example.

It should be different eras, if you ask me. Example : 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 and 1500.

Reneissance? Just because its set in the Reneissance doesn't mean it have to be M2TW...

I don't mind them releasing it too early, since its been like 2 years since they started on the game? They can release patches anyway, if the community helps the developers find bugs, glitches and stuff.

I don't mind them releasing it too early, since its been like 2 years since they started on the game? They can release patches anyway, if the community helps the developers find bugs, glitches and stuff.

My thoughts exactly, when we purchased the license at the great deal that we did I believe we were given a lifetime of free updates anyway.

How can you besiege cities? It only pops up *Bla bla bla* and *Approach to hail the guard* or *disguise yourself and attempt to enter* or something like that.
    (In v.0.903) I believe you need a party of a certain size, about 40+ and need to be at war with the faction. You will then see the option 'besiege the town'.
    But remember it's very difficult as your men get stuck on a very slim latter unable to break the defence. Many have complained and hopefully it's duly noted for the next version :hmmm: But it can be done, typically via several raids.

The date should be faster, since it takes for ever to get from june to july for example.

It should be different eras, if you ask me. Example : 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 and 1500.
    How would you make time go faster - to implement new eras - without having a day go by in 10 seconds? Some sort of time warp must be implemented then.
    It's not that I don't like the idea I just hate it if things get surreal.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Icon7 Re: Mount and Blade Release Date Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    http://news.filefront.com/mount-and-...c-this-spring/

Q2 2008 will be the time when the full version is released! M&B is coming out of beta m8s!

All Hail Paradox for being there publisher!
    PARADOX? As in "Europa Universalis" Paradox? Holy Shaq this is like out of some weird dream. I can't wait to see what the full version will be like!
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

You can change the game speed in the module.ini file. However, your movement speed also increases so you have to be careful or you'll run into a lot of encounters. You should also increase the spotting range in the file so you can see father.

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

http://www.worthplaying.com/article....thread&order=0
    Check those pics they are awesome and polished already
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

what about:
    -storyline and scripting?
    -adding interesting NPCs to interact with in every town instead of just text menus?
    -troop formations and more intelligent AI?
    -voice acting?

I think these things are going to take longer than 4 months to create and debug, especially for a low budget team like ikisoft.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast