Thread: How to install with darthmod

simplemind07's Avatar Tiro

Icon1 How to install with darthmod

Hi, first wanted to say awsome mod Beiss this is how games should sound like. I wanted to ask how to install Xenophonia with DarthMod. Xenophonia is working perfectly with the original. DarthMod does not change any sounds, music, no new units or faction, but it only changes unit stats, AI, and gameplay. I was wondering how to install it. What kinds of files should i move and stuff. hopefully you can help me as I really like to play where people speak their own language, not just english accent. LOL. Oh yeah I have M2TW in english version and i have Beta 2 (have spanish, italian, danish, russian, new french, and new german voice) , just thought u should know.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: How to install with darthmod

I think it should be enough to copy some files from the Xenophonia folder and you'll be all set, but that could depend on whether Darthmod is installer in M2TW\darthmod or in M2TW\mods\Darthmod... do you still have the "voice" folder in Xenophonia\data\sounds, or did you delete it?
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

simplemind07's Avatar Tiro

It's working, thanks Beiss. For anyone who wish to install Xenophonia Beta 2 to Darthmod please do the following:
    1. Install Xenophonia Beta 2 and make sure it works properly.
    2. Install Darthmod and make sure it works properly. (It tells u to install it to Programs\Sega\M2TW and not Programs\Sega\M2TW\data)
    3. Copy all the descr.sounds and export.sounds from Xenophonia\data to Darthmod\data.
    4. Copy all the subfolders from Xenophonia\data\text to Darthmod\data\text.
    5. Copy the voice folder from Xenophonia\data\sound to Darthmod\data\sound (If u deleted your voice folder, i heard just copy the extract.bat from Xenophonia\data to Darthmod\data, then run the extract.bat to unpack the sounds, ask Beiss for any info or help)
    6. Run darthmod by using the shortcut it provides and it should take 10-20 mins to load the sounds, it took about 15 mins for me, if it takes more than 20 mins, just wait it out.
    7. If u did everything correctly, u should end up to the main menu without a CTD, then exit immediately.
    8. Now u can play it with dathmod and it should work in battles and in the campaign map.
    ^_^

Hope that helps and I listed everything
    And thanks again for the great mod Beiss I am going to play this mod with every mod I play.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

I was about to say all that, but I'm glad you figured it out.

Corrections - there are no subfolders in Xenophonia\data\text. The files in this folder must however be copied to Darthmod\data\text or you will have no subtitles for some of the factions. Also, if you deleted your Voice folder, there's no point in copying extract_audio.bat to the Darthmod folder. extract_audio.bat needs both xidx.exe to be present in the same folder as itself and the audio.dat/idx to be present its relative data\sounds subfolder. Naturally, you could copy these files and make this work, but it would be much easier to just run extract.bat from where it is (which is in Xenophonia\, not Xenophonia\data\) and it will create a new Voice folder in Xenophonia\data\sounds, which should then be moved to Darthmod\data\sounds. Then make sure there are no files in Darthmod\data\sounds other than that Voice folder. THEN do step 6. Also, if it takes longer than 20 minutes, it probably crashed. Some people have waited for 1 hour and ended up having to reboot. Give it no more than 30 minutes.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri