Thread: In my pc Broken Tw is not working

Icon4 In my pc Broken Tw is not working

hello all, this mod dont work in my pc, i had a critical error.
    the error is:
    Medieval II:suffered a fatal error and will exit now.
    Nb:i try frensh version with the upgrade 1.2
    i try with english version +upgrade 1.2 still not working
    i try with englis version + kingdoms
    :hmmm:i don't know what'is the problem. because i have windows XP i don't have vista.if someone had the same problem,please help me.

my system log file is :
    00:17:30.796 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:17:30.796 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Oct 5 2006 version bld-medieval2-final-52 (29455) ===
    00:17:31.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:17:31.125 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:17:31.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:17:31.468 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:17:31.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:17:31.609 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:17:31.734 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    00:17:31.781 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/keys.dat is missing
    00:17:31.781 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/keys.dat is missing
    00:17:49.015 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    00:17:49.687 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    00:17:50.500 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    00:17:52.750 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    00:17:52.750 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    00:17:53.296 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    00:18:09.375 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Default Re: In my pc Broken Tw is not working

You've installed the BC 1.05 patch? And chosen the non-english option in the patch?

chgo's Avatar Tiro

i have the same problem, can't run bc either.
    Have done a fresh install of mtw2 and patched it to 1.2.
    I have the german version and my operation system is xp
    Peace at home, peace in the world - Atatürk

Chgo, did you install the 1.05 patch, and did you select the non-english option in the patch?

yes i installed the patch 1.05, and it dosen't work.
    my laptop pc capabilities is :
    -1go of RAm and
    256mg graphical card
    processer : intel centrino duo.1,83GH.
    i have 2 version english(M2tw +kingdoms i donwload it ),i upgrade to kingdoms and i instal Broken cressent.?
    and an original frensh version of Mtw2 with this i installed only the patch 1.2.
    it's very strange.i'm gonna be crazy this mod is more interesting than Kingdom.
    Last edited by almansor; January 25, 2008 at 05:45 PM.

oh my god now it work.
    i installed french original version and i downloaded the 2 updates: 1.2 and 1.3
    i installed the Broken cressent,and the patch 1,5.i choose no-english because it's frensh.and i'm enjoyng the game now.
    thanks all.
    NB : i didn't install kingdoms.maybe the upgade 1.2 an 1.3 isn't compatible with BC.

Hello, I have the same problem with the mod. Almansor have you installed the two updates seperate from the addon or havent you installed the patches ?
    If it only works with the french version it wouldnt be much fun.
    Till now I had at first installed the game and den the patch 1.1 and 1.2. There it hadnt worked. Now I have the main game and the addon inclusive the patches and it doesnt work either.

I hope someone can help me.

i installed the patch 1.2 (mote than 600mg i downloaded it from the twcenter.net) and 1.3 (more than 500mg i'm sorry i don't remenber from where) install this 2 upgrades and surelly it willl works.

I had this problem too, got the exact same log file. Some very helpful folks (Mirage and DigitalMarine) sorted me out.. here's how it works... you need a very specific version of the 1.2 patch (1.02.001) most versions out there are 1.02.000 (sheesh!!)

Download a new, fresh 1.02.001 patch from this link http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/p...war/patch.html
    Once thats done install 1.3 patch
    Install BC

"Broken Broken Cresent" should now be "ThankFrigginGodItWorks!!! Broken Cresent". I just hope you still have some hair left by the time you read this...
    Props to DigitalMarine and Mirage(Who pointed us to correct version of 1.2 patch)
    BROKEN CRESENT NUT
    Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh..

Hi all,

I just downloaded B.C. again and downloaded it according to the above specs.

I can play the campaign but not custom/quick or historical battles.

Did I not download the right 1.3 patch?
    hellas1

Update

I've noticed that if the default settings are left alone, everything is o.k. for custom and quick battles.
    I don't see the historical battles though.

Any Input to make things right?
    hellas1
    Last edited by hellas1; January 31, 2008 at 07:53 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

There are no historical battles. Quick battles also may cause some issues.

Hello Mirage,

Thanks for your timely response.

I've finally fully recovered from my computer meltdown!

Is there ANY way to make custom battles playable if not set on the "ALL" time period?
    hellas1

BTW, Wonderful Mod. CA ought have hired you guys!

Indefinitely Banned

I'm not sure what you mean.. custom battles are already playable.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

definitely: You need a fresh, clean, unmodded copy of MTW II, no matter which version it is, install the MTW II copy---->install the patch 1.2------>install the patch 1.3. Try if the game works and shows correctly the 1.03 version (in the options of principal menu) then:

Install Brocken crescent 1.0------>install patch 1.05-----> install fixes for images of monuments (find around here).

In this way it MUST work.

Personally i keep many copies of the game vanilla 1.3 in differents folders and everytime i have to install a mod i put it in those folders...never had a problem with about ten mods installed.
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

Hi Mirage & Traiano,

Yes, custom battles DO work.

However, for me they ONLY work if I choose the "ALL" time period!

Custom battles don't work for Early, High and Late periods.

Any fixes for this?
    hellas1

BTW, Traiano I've done what you said to do. Everything else is o.k.

Indefinitely Banned

BC never really set up or cared for "high" or "late" period or what not. So your custom battles are working just fine.

Hi Mirage,

Thanks sir again for your timely response!

As a suggestion, Maybe you should post this with the 1.0 & 1.5 download instructions, as this did cause me quite the headache.

Thanks again, hellas1