Thread: cant dl

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Default cant dl

first I would like to say bravo for all mods invaso, and this one had realy got my eye because of my man Ammianus. but i can not seem to even install it I did all that was required and i wont even play it just browses for it

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Default Re: cant dl

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    first I would like to say bravo for all mods invaso, and this one had realy got my eye because of my man Ammianus. but i can not seem to even install it I did all that was required and i wont even play it just browses for it
    can u be more clear can u DL it? but u can't seem to play it? how did u install it? can u tell us step by step?
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

sorry, ok i ment to say installation does not work. I tried to do what it told me, install to root directory rtw foldericsson like invasio nothing just a shrot cut with no pick and perpuse when i click it it serches for about idk then nothing, then I tried installing into bi folder same thing. I dont get it i have a clean rtw gold and that comes with 1.6 so whatsoever up? p.s i realy wanna play it is there any way i can have it over original bi ??

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    sorry, ok i ment to say installation does not work. I tried to do what it told me, install to root directory rtw foldericsson like invasio nothing just a shrot cut with no pick and perpuse when i click it it serches for about idk then nothing, then I tried installing into bi folder same thing. I dont get it i have a clean rtw gold and that comes with 1.6 so whatsoever up?
    we have had many reports of problems w/ RTW gold and they were fixed by applying the 1.6 patch to BI, can u try that. if that still doesn't work can you refer to here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=297
    might be similar problem

can u also see if there is an IJ foler inside the root directory? (beside bi)

p.s i realy wanna play it is there any way i can have it over original bi ??
    u mean overwiting original bi? takes a lot of work and wouldn't solve ur problem anyway.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

I tried the 1.6 but it told me its not compatible and I looked sorry Ramon I dont want to be a bother

well all the files are there i think but the short cut is fualty. it says missing shortcut, it looks for the game then tells me to manually find it. I have no clue where to direct it (i dont know if this helps but there's no picture on the short cut just a page looking thing)

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Ok, if I understand your problem, you are missing the shortcut.

Go to your RTW/BI folder and right-click on the BI exe file. It should give you a number of options to send it. Send it to desktop. Now when you go to your desktop you should see the BI exe icon. Now right click on this and select properties.

In the target box, copy and paste the following:

-mod:IJ -show_err after RomeTW-BI.exe. Make sure you leave a space between .exe and -mod:IJ -show_err.

You can then change tthe icon to the IJ one, if you wish.

Cheers

thanx i will give it a try and report back. you rule man!

!the 20th legion hails the emperor julian!

it works thank you so much now i can play every ibfd game it like chapter in books lol ok im off to paly.(a magnificent empire, a young emperor and a crusade that could destroy them both!)