Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incompatibility?

Default Incompatibility?

I have installed patch 1.05 for non-english version and im incompatible with people hwo have 1.05 also, I installed english version over it, still incompatible, I installed non-english version over again, still incompatible, please help!

The King Of Peasants's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Incompatibility?

If you put this in bugs and ctds or the 1.05 feedback thread you'd probably get a faster response.
    "July 14, 2008: I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
    -Barney Frank

You or the other person modded edu perhaps?

I dont mod EDU, and if you use MP you shouldnt mod EDU, anyway, its working now, for some reason.

What happens is some people who have installed the patch cannot play with others, for example two members of the GK can play togather, but when we try to join their game (after installing the patch 1.05 as well) their game shows incompatible 1.03

Additionally my BC still shows 1.03 in the main options menu even though I've installed the patch and can play with some of the others who have installed the patch as well.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

1.03 in the main menu is your M2TW version.
    You can see your BC version on the splash screen when you start BC
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Indefinitely Banned

So basically you can't get MP to work since installing 1.05?

No what happens is that sometimes it says that people using the same patch will be incompatible with other players it seems random. It happened to me
    earlier today but later I was able to play.
    "July 14, 2008: I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
    -Barney Frank

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    So basically you can't get MP to work since installing 1.05?
    Well hang on... one of you might have medieval 2 1.2 and medieval 2 1.3

No if you have 1.2 it says 1.2 I used to have it and got 1.3, I imagine whatever the problem is it will hopefully not be in bc 1.1.
    -Barney Frank

Quote Originally Posted by The King Of Peasants View Post
    No if you have 1.2 it says 1.2 I used to have it and got 1.3, I imagine whatever the problem is it will hopefully not be in bc 1.1.
    It'll be in every bc version until fixed...

Btw RTR platinum used to have this issue... deleting the map.rwm each game solved it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraud View Post
    1.03 in the main menu is your M2TW version.
    You can see your BC version on the splash screen when you start BC

I did notice 1.05 showing up on one of the slash screens not all of them. But yes everyone I normally played with before that patch has 1.3 to my knowledge and now our small group is split after we installed the patch.

To clarify, I'll see their game in the lobby, but it will be red and it will show 1.03 incompatible. If I host for them they see the same thing on my game.

I can play with Koz and Randark no problems and they both have M2 1.03 with BC 1.05

Today i couldnt play king of peasants

Now Ive reinstalled BC and patch and am incompatible with everyone!!!

Did you post in the bug forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Did you post in the bug forum?
    It isn't really BC specific

Then what triggered it with the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Then what triggered it with the patch?
    So we know its patch specific?

Has anyone tried deleting map.rwm before a game (at both ends) and see if that works then?

Everyone was playing together fine until the patch. I'll try that what does it do?

i have noticed that if i see i am incompatible then i reinstall the patch, i am compatible
    True bread is for True Romans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast