Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crashes and how to fix them

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Crashes and how to fix them

What file did you change?

Quote Originally Posted by E.K View Post
    I made an attempt at trying to rename a region and the game crashed when I tried to start a campaign.

Code:
    Couldn't find settlement name 'Denver' in stringtable
    14:27:47.435 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    I have no idea what this means or how to fix it
    You must have altered descr_regions.txt which is an incorrect file.
    Go in the data\text folder and open the imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt after that say you want to rename london so do this in that file:-
    Code:
    {London}London
    to
    {London}xyznew
    That is outside the curly brackets only. Save changes and launch the game.
    btw are you playing a mod or modding vanilla as if vanilla you want to know more as that file is not directly available.

Anyway, fortune was on my side and I figured it out by my self. Thanks for help.
    Developer of Rising Sumer
    Beta-tester for ChC; Mapper of Colonialism-TW;

Over the hills...

It works now
    Thanks Ishan

That is outside the curly brackets only. Save changes and launch the game.
    btw are you playing a mod or modding vanilla as if vanilla you want to know more as that file is not directly available.
    Im playing vanilla.
    Last edited by E.K; April 15, 2011 at 04:06 AM.

Hey, my game crashes upon looking at the building tab.
    It all began when I tried to add in buildings which had strict construction limits to build and then a religion requirement to actually begin training units. It is from Uanime's Eras Total Conquest mod, 1230 Mongol Invasion, to be precise.
    Here is an example, they all follow the same process-

building aztecs_city_enclave
    {
    levels aztecs_city_enclave aztecs_city_settlement
    {
    aztecs_city_enclave city requires factions { aztecs, } and building_present_min_level barracks town_guard and building_present_min_level smith blacksmith and building_present_min_level indochinese_barracks indochinese_town_guard and building_present_min_level market market and building_present_min_level city_hall royal_council_chambers
    {
    capability
    {
    happiness_bonus bonus -2
    recruit_pool "Indochina Spearmen" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { aztecs, } and region_religion buddism 70
    recruit_pool "Indochina Swordsmen" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { aztecs, } and region_religion buddism 70
    recruit_pool "Indochina Archers" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { aztecs, } and region_religion buddism 70
    recruit_pool "Indochina Heavy Swordsmen" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { aztecs, } and region_religion buddism 70

}
    material wooden
    construction 6
    cost 9600
    settlement_min large_town
    upgrades
    {
    aztecs_city_settlement
    }
    }
    aztecs_city_settlement city requires factions { aztecs, } and building_present_min_level barracks city_watch and building_present_min_level smith heavy_armourer and building_present_min_level indochinese_barracks indochinese_city_watch and building_present_min_level market fairground and building_present_min_level city_hall royal_city_hall
    {
    capability
    {
    happiness_bonus bonus -3
    recruit_pool "Indochina Spearmen" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { aztecs, } and region_religion buddism 70
    recruit_pool "Indochina Swordsmen" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { aztecs, } and region_religion buddism 70
    recruit_pool "Indochina Archers" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { aztecs, } and region_religion buddism 70
    recruit_pool "Indochina Heavy Swordsmen" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { aztecs, } and region_religion buddism 70

}
    material wooden
    construction 6
    cost 16000
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

What am I doing wrong here? I read Monkwarriors' post in page 1 as to -why- they crashed but I'm afraid I didn't understand what he meant by 'close to levels' or 'in the building not being able to be built in short'...The heavy_armourer buildings require an event to happen and are not available from the start of the game, but there are several other buildings that don't cause a crash that also require it to be in place before construction.

I am dreadfully confused. Please help.

I am going to start a campaign with julie at Legion Total War and then the game crashes, how to fix it.

*After then the game sends me to the the previous menu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rami; July 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM.

problem:
    Game crashes during the AI's turn
    The game crashes during the AI's turn and the error log just says the mod has crashed.

i saw your 3 answers but i didn´t changed any of these things

the game crashes always at the end of the turks turn, and when i followed the ai movement in the end of the turn theres always different movements
    when i load with the autosave i can always advance a turn, after that the game crashes with the turks turn...

its always like that no matter the faction i play, it usually appears in the 3rd turn...

Auto-Nabishtam's Avatar Civis

Ctd when I trying to select or double-clicke on another faction town?? that cause nothing with villiges, any help

Make the crash happen again by first setting your log to trace, then zip the log in a zip folder and upload it here, please.

Auto-Nabishtam's Avatar Civis

Thank you ishan but its not say any thing in log.text as these errors are NOT new errors after I change the southern_european cultur into new one!!

Note: the problem is if settlement owned by me (player) its fine I can upgrad it till last level,once I hit or double click on another faction town (not empty of buildings villege) ctd happen, so when I paly another faction with another town same problem with the other factions towns!!!
    \I hope its clear
    thank you....
    Last edited by Auto-Nabishtam; November 17, 2011 at 09:31 AM.

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Hi guys!

I have a problem trying to play a custom battle. When i press the "start battle button" i'm getting CTD. Can you help me please?
    Thank you...

Useful infos:
    *Kingdoms 1.5
    *Mods: Deus Lo Vult, Dominion of the Sword, East of Rome, Patria Libera, Peaninsula Italica (0.96)
    Last edited by Alkimachos; November 18, 2011 at 01:35 AM.

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Check those errors with the skeletons and fix them:

08:29:47.513 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 10559, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Ostrogoth_Sagitarii', used by unit 'Ostrogoth Sagitarii'.

08:29:47.514 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 10594, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Limitanei_Raetia', used by unit 'Limitanei Raetia'.

08:29:47.514 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 10702, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Bittugures', used by unit 'Bittugures'.

08:29:47.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 10739, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Rugii', used by unit 'Rugii'.

08:29:47.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 10776, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Capellati', used by unit 'Capellati'.

08:29:47.516 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 10814, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Armigeri', used by unit 'Armigeri'.

08:29:47.516 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 10853, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Comitatus_Regis', used by unit 'Comitatus Regis'.

08:29:47.517 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 10922, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Gothic_Infantry', used by unit 'Gothic Infantry'.

08:29:47.524 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 12257, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Gothic_Infantry', used by unit 'Gepids Infantry'.

08:29:47.525 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 12292, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Gothic_Infantry', used by unit 'CrimGoth Infantry'.

Thank you very much! I'll let you know if it fixed...

EDIT: Seems that i fixed the missing skeletons as they don't appearing anymore in the log file... The problem now is with the EDB txt file, for example:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 7897, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction bulgars (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    15:47:21.897 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 7897, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ere (bdg invalid_level vs clt huge_city)
    15:47:21.897 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 7897, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ererebels (bdg invalid_level vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction huns (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction avars (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg invalid_level vs clt huge_city)

What i have to do with this? And what to fix exactly?
    Thanks......

(My EDB below)
    Last edited by Alkimachos; November 18, 2011 at 08:42 AM.

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Blog Entries

It appears the available levels of core_building for these factions in the EDB doesn't tally with the building levels in descr_cultures. Check the culture of the six factions mentioned. Check in descr_culture the levels of core_buildings listed for that culture.

Amend the levels as desired in descr_cultures, copy additional levels from a suitable culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It appears the available levels of core_building for these factions in the EDB doesn't tally with the building levels in descr_cultures. Check the culture of the six factions mentioned. Check in descr_culture the levels of core_buildings listed for that culture.

Amend the levels as desired in descr_cultures, copy additional levels from a suitable culture.
    Ι fixed half of them, removing a level...

Now, i have only three factions but i cannot understand what they want... Must edit now the EDB or the descr_cultures file and what exactly?
    It says: "invalid_level vs huge_city"...

21:09:22.744 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 7897, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ere (bdg invalid_level vs clt huge_city)
    21:09:22.744 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EOR/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 7897, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ererebels (bdg invalid_level vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg invalid_level vs clt huge_city)

You have the wrong capability specified for some of the buildings, so remove those lines specified. It isn't allowing them to have all the core buildings, since it is indicating a problem accessing huge_city which is specified in the descr_cultures.txt. Use Notepad++ and go to the line 7897 & fix'em or give them the ability via descr_cultures.

Blog Entries

line 7897 is the last line in the EDB, typical for this error. Let me give you an example what I think your problem is:

In descr_cultures of vanilla the meso_american culture has no entry for castles. If you would now add a faction with that culture to the castle core building tree, then you would get the error specified in your log.
    Similar if you added a culture and forgot one level of either core building

One other probability is the consistency of faction entries in the levels of the core building in the EDB, eg entering a faction name in the last level without it being present as a culture or faction in the previous levels.

And I don't think adding custom levels to core_buildings (aurelian_walls, theodosius_walls) will work, even if you add them to descr_cultures.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 18, 2011 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks a lot! Now, i don't have any error, as i removed the aurelian and the theodosius walls from EDB....

But still having CTD after the "start battle" button... Maybe the problem is sth from the EDU? See those lines below plz:

10:49:43.134 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1323_Fatigue_Trigger> fired
    10:49:43.134 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1347_Attack_Their_General_Trigger> fired
    10:49:43.134 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1350_Radar_Map_Trigger> fired
    10:49:43.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1351_Hour_Glass_Trigger> fired
    10:49:43.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <reveal_friend_or_foe_2_trigger> fired
    10:49:43.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1323_Fatigue_Trigger> fired
    10:49:43.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1347_Attack_Their_General_Trigger> fired
    10:49:43.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1350_Radar_Map_Trigger> fired
    10:49:43.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1351_Hour_Glass_Trigger> fired
    10:49:43.135 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <reveal_friend_or_foe_2_trigger> fired
    10:49:43.801 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please report bugs in the East of Rome Forum (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=755)

And my log:

The log doesn't tells us anything concrete. And if the battle is loading then most probably the error is in animations not missing textures or anything because in the latter case the game crashes before loading of battle map.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast