Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1143 v1.1 (a mod about Reconquista)

Default 1143 v1.1 (a mod about Reconquista)

1143 v1.1 released!

1143 is a mod about Reconquista that focuses in Iberian Peninsula and North Africa, starting in 1143 and concluding in 1492.

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION:

Before installing the mod, make sure you have the Kingdoms expansion installed. The update for Kingdoms expansion can be found here.

1- Download the mod:

2- Extract the file 1143_v1.1.exe and double click on it.

3- Select your Medieval 2: Total War main directory ( C:\...SEGA\Medieval II Total War ) and follow the steps.

4- After the installation is completed, you will find a new shortcut in your desktop. Double click on it.

5–Have fun!

NOTE: You can also run the mod via Launcher.

FEATURES:

- A completely new map with 46 conquerable regions (added two new regions in the version 1.1)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Six playable factions:

Catholic factions: Kingdom of Portugal, Kingdom of Castile & Leon, Crown of Aragon, Kingdom of Navarre.

Moorish factions: the Almoravids and the Almohads.

- Two emergent factions: the Marinids and the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada

The Marinids will emerge in the 13th century. The Nasrid Kingdom of Granada will appear ONLY if certain conditions are met (in some games, the grenadines may not emerge)

- A new religion: the Judaism. In the beginning of the game you are able to choose if you want to be tolerant to minor religions, such as the Judaism. According to your decision, you will have different benefits
    TIP: settlements with many Jews will generate more money in commerce. But if this group becomes too much numerous, the unrest in your settlements may increase.

- Several flags for Christian Kingdoms.

Portugal has 5 historical flags that will appear in certain years.

Navarre has 2 different flags. This Kingdom will change its flag in the beginning of the 13th century.

The Crown of Aragon and the Kingdom of Castile&Leon will change their flags according to theirs conquests. But note that only historical combinations are possible.

- Almost every city has 2 names: one in Arabic and the other in a Romanic language (Portuguese, Castilian or Catalan). The name will change according to the culture that rules the city.

- Royal titles in Portuguese, Catalan, Castilian and Basque.

- Added new titles for characters. (thanks to Swagger )

Note that these titles will be available only in some cities. The titles given by Portuguese cities will be available only after the turn 30.

- Several rebel factions that will look like a “shadow faction”.

With this feature I wanted to represent civil wars and rebellions. For example, in this screenshot you can see the Kingdom of Galicia represented as a faction.

- New units – There are several new units in this mod, such as “Cavaleiros-Vilões”; “Besteiros do Conto”; “Navarrense Javelinmen”, “Lanceiros”, etc...
    In the version 1.1 you can now recruit Mozarabs (Christians who adopted elements of Arabic language and culture).

Mozarabs are available to all faction, but they can only be recruited in settlements with a considerable amount of Muslim and Catholic population at the same time.

The version 1.1 also includes new models for generals and swordsmen militias.

- Military Orders:

-Templars- available for all Christian factions until 1314
    -Hospitalars- available for Aragon.
    -Order of Avis- available for Portugal
    -Order of Christ- available for Portugal after the suppression of the Templars
    -Knights of Calatrava- available for Castile&Leon
    -Order of Santiago- available for Castile&Leon and Portugal
    -Order of Montesa- available for Aragon after the suppression of the Templars

- New resources (olive oil is one of them )

- new monetary unit: the DENARI.
    The denari was one of the monetary units used by the Almoravids and then by the Almohads. I choose the denari because it circulated not only in Iberian Peninsula and North of Africa but it could also be found in the rest of Europe (due a lack of precious metals in the continent during the 12-13th century).
    The denari was also used as a reference for Iberian Christian Kingdom to create their coins. For example, the first Portuguese coin was the "morabitinos". Literally this word means "from the Almoravids" (the arab "al-Murabitun" means "Almoravids").

- A brand new script that include some important events such as "the Suppression of the Templars", and missions such as "The second Crusade".

- New artificial intelligence (thanks to xeryx ). Consult this link for more information about XAI.

BUGS FIXED FROM THE PREVIOUSE VERSION:

- solved the CTD that occurred when the Almohads took control of all Moorish settlements.
    - Solved the CTD that happened when you conquer some navarrense and aragonese cities
    - removed gunships from the beginning of the game
    - fixed the win conditions when playing short campaigns.
    - fixed the annoying corner in beaches.
    - rebel captains and general will have the correct name, according to their location.
    - Almohads now have the proper icons in the user interface
    - fixed CTD that happened when fighting near Marrakesh
    - added new sprites for several units

FAQS

Why are there naval fleets from England and France at the border of Portugal??
    Those fleets represent the crusaders. First they stop in Oporto (Porto) to supply. If Portugal is fast enough in conquering and maintaining the city of Santarém, the crusaders will move to Lisbon to help the Portuguese.

- What about Jewish religion, how does this work ?
    In the second turn you will be asked to choose between tolerate minor religions in your settlements or use force to convert them to your religion. If you decide to tolerate them, these minor ethnic group may grow a bit and you will have some bonus in trade. If you decide to convert them, after some turns the religious unrest will decrease in your settlements.

- Why am I losing money each time I besiege a city?
    That represents the wages to maintain the siege.

- I’m playing with a Moorish faction. What happens when I conquer/lose Marrakesh, Tanger, Fez and Tlemcen?
    The Moorish faction who controls these 4 cities will automatically assimilate the rest of the Al-Andalus. So, if you are playing with the Almoravids, your priority is to defend these regions (otherwise you will be destroyed). If you are playing with the Almohads, it’s a wise strategy to conquer these 4 settlements.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: The same is true for the Marinids. If they conquer these 4 regions, they will assimilate all Moorish cities.

- When and here the Marinids will emerge?
    They will emerge in the middle of the 13th century, somewhere in the north of Africa (I’m not going to tell you the exact location).

- I finished my campaign and the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada did not emerge. Is that a bug?
    No. The Nasrid Kingdom of Granada will emerge only if certain conditions are met. You may expect them to emerge if the Christians become too much successful on their conquests.

- I conquered the last Granadine settlement but the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada is not destroyed. What happened?
    If the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada is unable to conquer a city in the next 10 turns they will be destroyed.

- What happens to the templar guilds after the suppression of the templars?
    After the suppression of the templar you will no longer be able to recruit Knights Templar, but the guild will remain in your cities. If you are playing with Portugal, these building will allow you to recruit Knights of the Order of Christ; If you are playing with Aragon, these guilds will allow you to recruit Knights of Montesa; If you are playing with Castile&Leon, some of these buildings will give you public order bonus and the others will allow you to recruit Knights of Calatrava and knights of Santiago; If you are playing with Navarre, these building will give you bonus in public order.

- I’m playing with Portugal. What happens if I accept/decline to colonize Madeira, Açores and explore the African coast?
    In the 15th century you will be asked if you want to colonies Açores and Madeira. If you accept you will lose some money, but your king purse will increase.
    You will be asked if you want to explore the African coat if you conquer and maintain Tanger until 1431. If you accept, you will lose money but you are going to activate the Portuguese Discoveries. From time to time you will be notified about the discoveries that your sailor are doing in Africa. Later they will discover the maritime route to India and your king purse will increase.

- I’m playing with Aragon. What happens if I accept/decline to help the Sicilians to fight against Charles of Anjou?

The map does not include the central and Easter Mediterranean, so I had to create a symbolic event that represents the expansion of the Crown of Aragon in the Mediterranean. In the 13th century you will be asked to help the Sicilians against Charles of Anjou. If you accept, you will lose money and your king purse will decrease (to represent the effort of war in Sicily). After some time you will control symbolically Sicily and you will activate a trigger that allows you to have benefits with the symbolic expansion of your kingdom. The flag of the Crown of Aragon will also change to represent that.

- I’m playing with Castile and Leon. What happens if I accept/decline to help Jean de Béthencourt on his expedition in Canary islands?
    In the 15th century you will be asked if you want to help Jean de Béthencourt to subjugate the native people in Canary Islands. If you accept, you will lose money, but your king purse will increase. If you reject, Jean de Béthencourt will ask for help in Portugal, and the Portuguese kingdom will annex the archipelago instead of Castile.

- What are the possible flag combinations for the Crown of Aragon and for the kingdom of Castile &Leon?
    The flags will change if Aragon accepts to help the Sicilians to fight against Charles of Anjou; If Aragon conquers Castile&Leon; and if Castile&Leon conquers Aragon.

- When the flags of Portugal and Navarre are going to change?
    The Portuguese flag will change in 1185, 1248, 1385 and in 1481.
    The Navarrense flag will change in 1212.

POSSIBLE ISSUES WITH WINDOWS VISTA

If you are getting a "fatal error crash" when using Windows Vista, then follow these steps:

1- Right-click on your SEGA folder, and click on "properties". In the this window, click on the "security" tab.
    You will see an "edit" button with the windows shield on it. Click on that and allow the administrator and other
    users listed there to alter files by ticking the first box that you see in the panel below the users.
    Press "apply" and "OK".

2- Open the file 1143.cfg (it's located in the main Medieval II Total War folder) with the Wordpad.

3- Add this in the bottom:

[video]
    widescreen=0

[game]
    allusers=1

4- Save and exit.

COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER MODS

All files will go to a completly new mod folder, witch means that this mod will not interfere with other mods.

DISCUSSION

The discussion about the version 1.1 continues in this thread, in the page #6

CREDITS

1143 powered by: Boicote

Special thanks to: Almogaver, JoNiLoUcO, Julius Isidrus, jpao, Lucidus, Numeros Decimus, Swagger, visitor, xeryx and Yuiis

Mods included: Retrofit Mod and XAI V3.2 for Pro Deo Et Rege
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 03, 2018 at 01:31 AM. Reason: link update

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: 1143

Welcome back! Sounds like a great mod! Can't wait to give it a go!

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

welcome!!
    and - wow! looks great!!

and Portvcale ?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

like i already told you

it's awesome
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Thanks, Socal_infidel, Methoz and Swagger!

Methoz, about Portvcale…I decided to make a pause on the mod and create something new. The mod is not dead. It’s in a break .

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

well..thanks for info and good luck ....
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

For me this mod is more perfect and interesting than Portvcale!!!

Great work Boicote!!!!

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Well done, my friend

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi Boicote,

Portvcale was a wonderful mod, so we've never forgotten you !

This new mod is a great news.

loet66

Campidoctor

Hopefully this will not be the next Iberian mod to fall apart after appearing to be so well established and apparently making great progress. Best of luck!

I do not understand the download it doesn't over write does it?
    Last edited by Son of Mao; January 20, 2008 at 07:16 PM.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

great mod! congratulations on the release!!!
    what about new units, skins, etc. have you included any in the mod?
    regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

This is madness! Al Andalus your Caliph is coming!

All infidels better be careful now. LOL

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

so... what about a forum in Hosted modifications? and, does it overwrite or does it use a modfolder?

By the way, instead of 'The Jewish' shouldnt it be 'Judaism'?

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

The Sixth Wizard's Avatar Semisalis

Awesome! I was just waiting for someone to make a mod for the Iberian peninsula. The vanilla game makes the Moors WAY too weak and nothing but Stainless Steel has given the place justice yet... I can't wait to crusade against Granada with a full Spanish army.

Too bad my game is screwing me over at the moment.
    Third Age: Total War! (!!!!)

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

Ill definately give this a try

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

A historical question - did Portugal participate in the Reconquista or it was only Spain ? And did they receive someone's help in this ?

I know it may sound stupid to most of you but, How can I have installed two mods at the same time? For example Darth Mode and this. I´m vasc and I can´t wait to play as Navarre.

Thank´s for this Mod

Greetings!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    A historical question - did Portugal participate in the Reconquista or it was only Spain ?
    Portugal participated in the Reconquista. Also, Spain, as you know it, did not exist at the time.

Map from here:
    http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagem:...8french%29.png
    More here.
    http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-23760
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    And did they receive someone's help in this ?
    Portuguese Crown donated large portions of land to military religious orders, Templars (renamed to Order of Christ after its dissolution), Hospitallers, Santiago and Avis, usually border areas to serve as a buffer against sarracen incursions and occasional help from crusade armies that travelled from the north of Europe to Palestine by ship and rested in portuguese shores.
    Last edited by impar; January 21, 2008 at 06:40 AM.
    The recruitment of Militia is illegal.
    Militia-recruiters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the applicable laws.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast