1143 v1.1 released!
1143 is a mod about Reconquista that focuses in Iberian Peninsula and North Africa, starting in 1143 and concluding in 1492.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION:
Before installing the mod, make sure you have the Kingdoms expansion installed. The update for Kingdoms expansion can be found here.
1- Download the mod:
2- Extract the file 1143_v1.1.exe and double click on it.
3- Select your Medieval 2: Total War main directory ( C:\...SEGA\Medieval II Total War ) and follow the steps.
4- After the installation is completed, you will find a new shortcut in your desktop. Double click on it.
NOTE: You can also run the mod via Launcher.
- A completely new map with 46 conquerable regions (added two new regions in the version 1.1)
- Six playable factions:
Catholic factions: Kingdom of Portugal, Kingdom of Castile & Leon, Crown of Aragon, Kingdom of Navarre.
Moorish factions: the Almoravids and the Almohads.
- Two emergent factions: the Marinids and the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada
- A new religion: the Judaism. In the beginning of the game you are able to choose if you want to be tolerant to minor religions, such as the Judaism. According to your decision, you will have different benefits
- Several flags for Christian Kingdoms.
Portugal has 5 historical flags that will appear in certain years.
Navarre has 2 different flags. This Kingdom will change its flag in the beginning of the 13th century.
The Crown of Aragon and the Kingdom of Castile&Leon will change their flags according to theirs conquests. But note that only historical combinations are possible.
- Almost every city has 2 names: one in Arabic and the other in a Romanic language (Portuguese, Castilian or Catalan). The name will change according to the culture that rules the city.
- Royal titles in Portuguese, Catalan, Castilian and Basque.
- Added new titles for characters. (thanks to Swagger )
- Several rebel factions that will look like a “shadow faction”.
- New units – There are several new units in this mod, such as “Cavaleiros-Vilões”; “Besteiros do Conto”; “Navarrense Javelinmen”, “Lanceiros”, etc...
In the version 1.1 you can now recruit Mozarabs (Christians who adopted elements of Arabic language and culture).
The version 1.1 also includes new models for generals and swordsmen militias.
- Military Orders:
-Templars- available for all Christian factions until 1314
-Hospitalars- available for Aragon.
-Order of Avis- available for Portugal
-Order of Christ- available for Portugal after the suppression of the Templars
-Knights of Calatrava- available for Castile&Leon
-Order of Santiago- available for Castile&Leon and Portugal
-Order of Montesa- available for Aragon after the suppression of the Templars
- New resources (olive oil is one of them )
- new monetary unit: the DENARI.
- A brand new script that include some important events such as "the Suppression of the Templars", and missions such as "The second Crusade".
- New artificial intelligence (thanks to xeryx ). Consult this link for more information about XAI.
BUGS FIXED FROM THE PREVIOUSE VERSION:
POSSIBLE ISSUES WITH WINDOWS VISTA
If you are getting a "fatal error crash" when using Windows Vista, then follow these steps:
COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER MODS
All files will go to a completly new mod folder, witch means that this mod will not interfere with other mods.
The discussion about the version 1.1 continues in this thread, in the page #6