Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Icon9 CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Please only post here when you have the latest v.1.4 installed.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Default Re: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Hey this is my first post but I've been playing Rome and Medieval for a long time, and hanging around these forums for a while too. I just wanted to let you know I can't build any ships from the Georgia capital and I can't land on the island off the coast of Sweeden. Thanks for the great mod!

jimmy spong's Avatar Campidoctor

zeph theres a problem with landing on isle that visby is on , you have to edit coast by making shore so you could land on it , i dont know which file is that exactely

Khwarezmians are way too passive. Otherwise, excellent mod.

Sweden seems to CTD at custom and campaign battles.
    Last edited by lordkhan; January 20, 2008 at 06:16 AM.

Just redownloaded CAE. Now it suddenly works! :>

Edit: Not Just stopped working again.
    Last edited by lordkhan; January 20, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

I have tried with only a fresh Medieval 2 1.2 and kingdoms installed and 1.2 is CTD with Sweden going to battle and with Kingdoms the screen goes back and that freaking hourglass is just spinning on and never quit.
    Very frustrating hope for a fix asap.

Ok thanks for the reports, I will look into these issues,as CTDs regarding Sweden being the priority.

EDIT:

Now that I am finally home I'm shortly after starting to work on the problems.

Ok I checked all the Swedish units both in campaign and custom battle no CTDs.. So that makes me think that the new attachmentsets for the faction is not seen by the game since I have moved the attachmentsets to the CAE folder.. I'll run a test and will confirm and explain what's wrong.

UPDATE

That's weird I deleted all the attachmentsets,general,captain textures along with the mounts of Sweden that take place in the main m2tw data folder.. I expected a CTD so that I would be right.But it seems the game is able to read them from the isolated CAE data folder.It works perfectly

Now I need to check whether all the textures of Sweden had been included to the installer or not.
    Also I'll need some details about the CTD.. Does it always happen when you start a Swedish campaign?

Does it happen when you are playing as Sweden and is entering battle,on the Grand Campaign and custom battle as well?

Do you always get CTD with all the units? Or when entering battle as Sweden sometimes you get a CTD and sometimes you don't?

Please someone test this for me,the Ones that have played as Sweden in Custom Battle:

Choose Sweden's first two units on the upper left and enter battle in custom battle mod... See if it CTD's... (choose all the different armour upgrades of the units and include them to your selection)

Next if it doesn't CTD,again quit the battle and choose another 2 Swedish units and see if they ctd or not.. Then please post here that WHICH UNITS CTD's... Thank you.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; January 20, 2008 at 10:52 AM.

These units make my game CTD in custom battle
    Viking Raiders
    Norse Swordsmen
    Dismounted Huscarls
    Norse Archers
    Huscarls

Seems as its the Denmarks unique units only

I tried the bodyguards or svenner before I think. Atleast they worked.

I tried everyone with no armour upgrades or anything. those are they only ones that make the game crash, atleast with with no upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Gasoline View Post
    I tried everyone with no armour upgrades or anything. those are they only ones that make the game crash, atleast with with no upgrades
    I'll try that.

jimmy spong's Avatar Campidoctor

i take an army from your starting town i attack skara and when i load battle i get ctd , with all other factions , even with georgia its working fine

Quote Originally Posted by lordkhan View Post
    I'll try that.
    It worked.

These units make my game CTD in custom battle
    Viking Raiders
    Norse Swordsmen
    Dismounted Huscarls
    Norse Archers
    Huscarls

Seems as its the Denmarks unique units only
    Thank you very much for the report I will examine all the textures of those units and see if I've left anyone out.So the first armour levels of these units seems problematic.I'll check that.

I tried the bodyguards or svenner before I think. Atleast they worked.
    So it seems svenner and bodyguard unit are fine,thanks for this valuable report as well.

Sorry I misunderstood,in that case there is something a miss in the armour upgraded versions..so I'll look at them carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy spong View Post
    i take an army from your starting town i attack skara and when i load battle i get ctd , with all other factions , even with georgia its working fine
    Ok so those units are also to be examined,thanks to you as well Jimmy.

It worked.
    So lordkhan you also confirm that there is no problem with the default units,so I'll concentrate on the armour upgrades and hope to find what I've left out.

Thanks to all of you for the reports.

Well there is exactly no problem when you give them upgrades (attack defence experience, you name it)
    This means I'll have to upgrade all units before I attack, lol. Haven't tested in campaign mode though, I'll return with results.

Well there is exactly no problem when you give them upgrades (attack defence experience, you name it)
    This means I'll have to upgrade all units before I attack, lol. Haven't tested in campaign mode though, I'll return with results.
    Once I figure out which files is left out there won't be any problem left.And hopefully I will release a fix soon.

And as a sidenote grand campaign or custom battle it doesn't matter.If there is a problem with a unit it will ctd both in custom and campaign battles.

I tested attacking with Viking Raiders(fully upgraded) during a campaign, and it resulted in a crash. As I told you before I said that custom battles are working with upgrades only, but it seems like it crashes when I use viking raiders. I will test which units that make the game crash.

I tested attacking with Viking Raiders(fully upgraded) during a campaign, and it resulted in a crash. As I told you before I said that custom battles are working with upgrades only, but it seems like it crashes when I use viking raiders. I will test which units that make the game crash.
    Ok thanks for that,it had been stated in this thread as the problematic CTD units.Obviously some part of their texture is missing along with the other units.Now I'm off to discovering which ones those are..

Peasants - working
    Town Militia - working
    Viking Raiders - crash
    Spear Militia - working
    Norse Swordsmen - crash
    Riksföreståndare - working
    Väpnare - working
    Herremanskrigare - working
    Dismounted Hurscarls - crash
    Knachten - working
    Peasant Archers - working
    Crossbow Militia - working
    Armborstmän - working
    Arquebusiers - working
    Norse Archers - crash
    Musketeers - working
    Hand Gunner - working
    Kungliga Armborstmän - working
    Huscarls - crash
    Modernt Svenskt Kavalleri - working
    General's Bodyguard - working
    Svenner - working
    Swedish Late Bodyguard - working
    Ryttare - working
    Ballista - working
    Catapult - working
    Ribault - working
    Trebuchet - working
    Bombard - working
    Grand Bombard - working
    Culverin - working
    Cannon - working

Thats all of the Swedish units.

Seems like I was giving false information before, upgrading units didn't seem to help at all, I just tested the first 6 units upgraded. Seems like it's the viking units making all the crashes.
    Last edited by lordkhan; January 20, 2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Forgot one unit in the list.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast