Thread: Titles as used in Kingdoms PKH

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default Titles as used in Kingdoms PKH

Titles basically are hereditary in PKH through your male line and apply to your faction leader. None of this walk into a province and you suddenly become the local Lord etc.

Providing your new faction leader is of your true family then you can receive his titles. However, as applied then, you must pay your feudal relief to the King in order to receive your titles. Naturally you can only do this when its convenient to the King and clearly not if he's annoyed with you. Once you have paid your feudal relief you can of course then gain the benefits of tax revenue associated with your accepted title.

This is one of the little scripts that has been set up in PKH to add that extra medieval flavour... and thats just one of the reasons why its good to be the King.. and you can't play the King

Konstantin I's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Titles as used in Kingdoms PKH

Wilddog -This is great improvement

I agree--this will be great.

Konstantin, The Fuzz - thanks. For the human player it gives more reason to keep your faction leader alive if possible and of course to keep relations with the King on a good level. Depending on hardness that you play determines the cost, the bonus and how good the relations need to be with the King in order to be allowed to gain those titles.

Konstantin I's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    Konstantin, The Fuzz - thanks. For the human player it gives more reason to keep your faction leader alive if possible and of course to keep relations with the King on a good level. Depending on hardness that you play determines the cost, the bonus and how good the relations need to be with the King in order to be allowed to gain those titles.
    Something like the mad Pope from vanilla game
    You discovered some way to replace the Pope with the King

Something like the mad Pope from vanilla game
    You discovered some way to replace the Pope with the King
    The script is related to faction. This is one of the reasons I was questioning before about 'becoming' england etc in the main thread. Pope features from original game don't affect this.

However, for other things yes the Pope is replaced with the King.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I must say, I'm extremely impressed with everything that I've seen here. My only worry is whether the AI will be able to cope with this. Certainly the titles will give the human player an incentive to remain on good terms with the king, but I can just see virtually every AI baron in England declaring war on each other and the king too, not to mention the human player.

True.. that the game playing that needs to be aligned. For the main titles bit its primarily aimed at the human. The AI can't tell and will still get basic monetary benefits anyway.

I'm planning some more scripting to try and stop the AI really fighting too much between itself as far as certain alignments go. Having said that the various Earls did have certain feuds with each other and if they die out it doesn't actually reduce the effect against the human player due to other certain hereditary scripts

Giaus Marius's Avatar Libertus

This is good, it used to be you could be the lord of 20 places, for example, i could have John be the lord of London, Duke of Dublin etc. if i moved him enbough and conquered enough. This creates alot of strategy in the game. Good Work!!!!

I came, I saw, and then I left pretty quickly!

Sounds awesome. This is a mod I'll keep my eyes on!

Its been a bit slow of late as I was sick. However OK now and tryign to make progress. I got caught into an animation issue before I realised it was already an issue wasted too much time there.

There's a few other interesting scripts as well (planned at the moment as I'm waiting to see if something will be resolved with the patch.. not sure it will..so have alternative ready). Should add a nice flavour.

Given the Irish factions would have to be coronated in rather ornate and traditional ceremonies, could you impliment a script where Irish kings would have to return to their capitals, or even their inauguration sites, to be crowed the Ó Néill, the Ó Briain, or the Ó Conchobhair, or the Mac Carthaigh.

Quote Originally Posted by riadach
    Given the Irish factions would have to be coronated in rather ornate and traditional ceremonies, could you impliment a script where Irish kings would have to return to their capitals, or even their inauguration sites, to be crowed the Ó Néill, the Ó Briain, or the Ó Conchobhair, or the Mac Carthaigh.
    Sorry but no plans for anything like this at the moment. I have certain feudal scripts for the Anglo factions but I don't have time to try to do this. It would only make sense for the Human player also as the AI will get messed up if anything had to be marched back/or moved there (assuming they still hold the original capital etc). Note not sure you can actually move a character via script to enter another settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    Note not sure you can actually move a character via script to enter another settlement.
    I tried that out before and either I was doing something wrong or they wouldn't do it. I couldn't get a character to spawn into a city or fort - or move into one by script either - they just moved to some other random location instead which was very annoying!

You could have a trait that triggers only if faction leader of faction 'x' spends turn in city 'y', that is more feasible, but if its a powerful trait it does give the problem that the AI won't know to go for it, and so be disadvantaged. Might be possible to cross check against which faction is 'local' ie player controlled so only they have to return to city.... will have to have a deeper think on that - you can interlink script and traits a bit more in M2TW that you could in RTW but we've both had heads deeply into units/texturing for a while so haven't gone a lot further with script.

I think deus lo volt has it, that there is a percentage chance each turn for the AI player to get the title, but the human player has to go to the specific venue to pick it up.

Riadach - I still doubt I'll add it initially. There is still quite a lot of work to do.

I may look at it again when I look into the scripting again though as their aught to be some inhibitor to getting your leader killed and this is covered for the Anglo factions.

That's fine, it was merely a suggestion to add a bit of flavour.

Riadach - No problem it was a nice suggestion. I may come back to it in a few weeks once I've sorted out the unit bits.

Just had an idea. In Irish kingdoms, primogeniture was not guaranteed, so generally the strongest individual would gain the kingship. However, there was frequently opposition from within the family.

Is it possible that if a faction leader fails to go to capital to gain the crown, that another family member could gain a 'claims kingship' or 'supports rival' trait, which would remove all his loyalty and set him up as a rebel general along with his army and/or city and fort he controls? I think that would add a nice bit of flavour to the Irish factions.

very very nice what if the king dies? than you lose your titel or you keep it till your faction leader dies?