Thread: The AI of total war ought to be improved

Default The AI of total war ought to be improved

The AI of total war ought to be improved
    1. I am a fan of rome total war . I think the huge and grand battle scale of total war is the best in all PC games about warfare .But the worst aspect of total war is its battle AI , stratagem AI and diplomacy AI .For example , In the battlefield of rome total war , the AI is too simple . when your archers fire to the computer's troops , the computer's troops will stay on their original positions and make no any response. When you use your onager to attack the computer's troops in the city , the computer's troops can escape from the city- gate for a while ,but soon they return to the gate and continue to suffer from your attack . The computer can't outflank your soldiers and steer clear of your troops to their back ,then from the back attack your troops .The computer can not collect several troops then attack you from several ways at the same time .In the retreat , the computer's troops all escape confusedly in disregard of their comrade in arms. I think that in the retreat ,AI ought to counteract man's attack and chasing by several troops , in order to secure the most of troops' retreat ,but in fact , AI can not do these at all .
    2. On the stratagem and diplomacy ,AI is also extremely simple. In rome total war , AI can ally with you this year, but in the next year AI will attack you. AI can post ceasefire to you just now ,but one minute later AI will invade you. In total war, the alliance between two countries is too flimsy and childish. Your AI ally can neither cooperate with you to attack your enemy, and nor resist aggression from great power countries together with you, of course, AI ally never supplies any economic resource with you. AI can not correctly estimate the posture and who is stronger on military power, and AI also can not rightly deal with the relationship with you.For example, your military power is much stronger than AI,but AI can invade you all the while,which is illogical. When you attack AI and are close to conquer it, AI always lets its diplomat tell you AI wants to extort some money and cities from you ,if you refuse its idiotic demand AI will attack you. Oh,what idiotic diplomacy!!!!! You are close to conquer AI nation and AI has only a few cities and troops, but it wants to extort some money and cities from you!!! What a idiotic logic!!!At that time AI ought to surrender itself to you,who are more stronger on military power.AI ought to pay money and cities to you for its losing the bell. All in all, in total war AI is not only greedy, but also idiotic.
    3. In total war, there is only undying battle in the game .The game seriously lacks of stratagem,management and diplomacy etc. We can not use diplomacy and religion to conquer or change some countries in the game. We can not gain a loyal ally nation. We can not resist aggression from great power nation together with our AI ally nation. On these aspects, total war can learn much from the famous "Civilization" made by Sid Meier.
    4. Actually,total war's huge and grand battle scale is its great merit,which attracts us deeply all the time. We all hope the coming Empire-total war will have better stratagem,management and diplomacy etc. Furthermore, most fans of total war more like the rome era than Medieval era and modern times, because the rome era is always a classical era which contains many old , famous civilizations, such as Carthage, Gaul, Seleucid,Parthia,Hannibal,Caesar,Cleopatra and so on. Most fans all hope the Creative Assemly to make new version of rome,which can be named rome total war 2.

Default Re: The AI of total war ought to be improved

Though this "open letter"-esque post is in the EBII forum is quite beyond me.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

must have taken you a long time to write it, to bad nobody will read it.
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Well i've read the letter and resuming it if you don't like rome go play something else, besides this is about EB2 and i don't see you mentioning it even once...
    (too bad you got kicked cause you wont be able to answer this xD)

He didn't get banned for this did he? Anyways i totally agree with him but i still think that EB 1 (with forced diplomacy) was the best game i ever played.

heard it all a thousand times and continue to hear it but and the truth is many people are working hard on the AI, like XAI or Lusteds AI, and they are way, but i mean way better than before. Of course because of limitations by CA it will never be perfect and even if it could it would take too much time....so better leave most of it to CA for Empires

its disappointing that not many people will read this. I read all posts small and large, especially large since they give broader descriptions and more ideas and opinions. No body should just look at it and don't take the time to read or help out.

if he did get banned for this then they made a mistake because this obviously does not give any reason to suspend him (ok, swearing but still they should be warned rather than directly punished and even so many people don't read the rules....there is no sign thats says read the rules and accept them or you will be suspended) So it can't have been for this.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

WOW great REVELATION!!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by Donagin View Post
    He didn't get banned for this did he?
    It might be that out of his twelve posts there are only three different messages.

"It's best to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're ignorant, then to open your mouth and prove it."

CAP-TAIN

OBVIOOOOOOOOOUS!

Hopefully it will not be the AI as dumb as the M2TW