Thread: Start Date & a Suggestion

Default Start Date & a Suggestion

Have you guys settled on a start date for EB II?

And now my suggestion:

Have you considered an earlier start date, perhaps the 5th century BC for example.

A full blown Hakhamanish Parsa faction, the Peloponnesian war, the Athenian invasion of Sicily, perhaps a Koinon Sikelon faction (Native Sikel league) under Douketios

And finally Phillip, Alexander and Agathokles of Syracuse .... there is alot of potential here, for something really unique.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

thelord's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Start Date & a Suggestion

er read the info at the top of the forum, it starts in 272 b.c

Icon3 Re: Start Date & a Suggestion

That would require reworking (and re-researching) almost the entire mod!

It really wouldn't require that much rework. I have already done this to RTR (375 BC start date).

Most of the Barbarian factions could really stay the same. The Kelts are already in the La Tene stage, so maybe add some early Italic & Etruscan units, and an Alexandrian reform.

I was planning to do this to EB 1.0, for my own use.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; January 22, 2008 at 09:57 AM.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Icon3 Re: Start Date & a Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    It really wouldn't require that much rework. I have already done this to RTR (375 BC start date).

Most of the Barbarian factions could really stay the same. The Kelts are already in the La Tene stage, so maybe add some early Italic & Etruscan units, and an Alexandrian reform.

I was planning to do this to EB 1.0, for my own use.
    I imagine adjusting the recruitment zones alone is going to be hell. Also the political situation was very different: the Greeks are still a bunch of fractious city states, while Persia recently subjugated most middle-eastern states, which would need to take the place of Bactria, Egypt, Seleuceia. Not sure about the barbarians, but I don't think the dominant tribes of 272 B.C. were also dominant two centuries earlier. Rome is still an insignificant backwater. Militarily most if not all advanced unit types do not exist yet: no cataphracts, no shock cavalry, no pikemen or legionaries.

Lastly, the EB team has thoroughly researched their current starting-date to get the starting positions right. Switching the start date would require them to do that all over again.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Also I don't see a point in doing this... This is supposed to be a mod about the glorious time of Roman empire (and the rest trying to oppose it) and I guess the current date is just right for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Voyager View Post
    Also I don't see a point in doing this... This is supposed to be a mod about the glorious time of Roman empire (and the rest trying to oppose it) and I guess the current date is just right for that.
    272 was faar from "the glorious time of Roman empire" it was more "dice rolling to see if the Romans can survive"....
    THE PROPAGANDA FUNDER:
    http://www.hri.org/news/misc/misc-ne.../95-03-20.misc
    To subdue the greeks we need to strike in their history and their tradition and their identity.
    Henry Kissiger

It was just a suggestion....

But if you really want something different try throwing off the Etruscan yoke, and defending Rome against the Brennus' Gallic onslaught.

Either way...with EB's Kelts, it would make for a great sub-mod.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; January 23, 2008 at 08:27 AM.

i suppose you cant make use of the 'campaign function' in MTWII so that you can have multiple campaigns (early, high and late for example for medieval times).

instead of reworking the mod make separate campaigns?

of course that would require A HELL OF A LOT OF WORK i suppose so... perhaps not very realistic?

perhaps some ppl could do that as a mini-mod? but would such campaigns cause CTD's?

suppose its all a bit unrealistic
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!