Thread: What the h3ll is the deal with Buraidah?

Icon8 What the h3ll is the deal with Buraidah?

Why can't I go to Buraidah? (in the province of the Arabian desert) Why is there a city there without a garrison? Why can't I lead my troops there?

I've planned on building an Arabian empire, but without this huge portion of the map, I can't!

Default Re: What the h3ll is the deal with Buraidah?

There's 4 unconquerable regions. I guess they did it because they had to fill the areas but made them inaccessible for gameplay etc.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

There are three cities you can't conquer,and that's one of them. It's probably for gameplay reasons, for example conquering ONE city and controlling the entire desert is just wrong and the region is too inhospitable to merit more settlements I think.
    Or maybe there are hidden resources and stuff for the script, like it was in EB?

edit:are there 4?
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Tibet, Arabian desert, the place west of Egypt and west of Khwarezm.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

AH,I was already wondering why the Khwarezm didn't seem to conquer that settlement. I wonder why that one is inaccessible, it can hardly be because of gameplay reasons
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

LOl now I know, I was preparing to take that town with a full stack cutting across the desert, intending to use it as a base to launch attacks on Medina and Mecca (I mean, what kind of a respectable Abbasid Caliph will I be yet don't have control over two of the holiest cities in Islam?)....

But yeah, now I've to track ALL the way around the Arabian Peninsula. Oman will unfortunately have to pay dearly for this unforeseen setback in my grand plans for the Muslim world...

Raise High the Black Banners of the True Caliphate!
    -The Abbasid Caliphate of Broken Crescent Mod for MTW II. RELEASED!

It seems like a pretty insignificant area, and they might have done it to keep the khwarezm and kychaks away from each other.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Ahh! So that's why I can't find the city in the desert - my spy has circled the entire region twice.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

The last one (near the Khwarezm) is not intended, and will be fixed.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

_TheChevalier_'s Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Tibet, Arabian desert, the place west of Egypt and west of Khwarezm.
    The settlement west of Egypt, which is Siwa Oasis, can be conquered, just follow the path from the fishing village.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do not breathe, neither look or listen, DO NOT EXIST!!!"

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

as for the arabian desert, i guess the unconquerability should simulate that it is impossible to lead an army through the arabian desert, which appears to be one of the most hostile deserts of the world, if not THE most. Also, as for the other regions mentioned, they could not get under a single control, as there are much different tribes, mostly unreachable somewhere in the boondocks.
    espacially for arabia: why to control a region where really quite nobody lives and where nothing is (except oil, but i guess the people of back then did not have any use for it)?

They didn't even know that there was oil in the ME until mid 20th century anyway.
    The Dude Abides

I just noticed I'm a drummer AND a fifer. Are you two people at once? Didn't think so.

Indefinitely Banned

Why should the centre of Arabia be conquered? It shouldn't, its far too inhospitable and sparse.

These uncrossable and unconquerable regions are there for a strategic reason. Arabia is a giant loop. From the Sinai all the way around syria and Iraq, down to Oman, west to Yemen and then back up to the Sinai.

That province will always be a giant blocked zone you have to go around. Won't be changed ever.

anaztazioch's Avatar Centenarius

Just think how many AI units/rebels will egt stuck in that desert if it were accessible :p