Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garnier's LTC Addon Version 2.0

Default Garnier's LTC Addon Version 2.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

Readme:

Code:
    INSTALLATION:

You must have Landstoconquer Gold installed first, and to ensure compatibility with this addon, the LTC installation must be fresh and not touched in any way.

1. Make a copy of your landstoconquer folder (in the main M2TW folder) and place the copy in your Medieval II Total War\mods folder.  

2. Rename this copy to "landstoconquer_garnier_addon"

3. Run garnier_addon_2.exe, and point the installer to your main M2TW folder.  

4. To run the mod, use the icon created on your desktop, or the Launch_LTC_Garnier_Addon.bat in your main M2TW folder.

CHANGE LIST:

A lot of things have changed, to suit my preferences and to improve things.

In no particular order;

1. Instead of the three era campaigns, I've added the vanilla campaign setup back in.  I found the era campaigns unbalanced, some factions like France almost always got wiped out in the first 10 turns or so, and starting in the late period didn't work as well as I'd hoped.  However, there is still some era differentiation in this mod.  The early era begins in 1140 AD.  When the Early Period comes, Stone Walls and Fortresses are available, with the buildings associated with them.  This is the era of the Feudal Knight.  Then in 1280, the High Period arrives, and Large Stone Walls and Citadels are available, bringing with them the Chivalric Knight and so on.  However, all the units with the fancy rennaissance style clothes are still not available.  In 1380, the Late Period arrives, and the Huge City becomes available, along with military academies in your cities and castles.  These academies allow recruitment of the Late Period troops, such as Tercio Pikemen, Reiters, Aventurieurs, and Forlorn Hope, as well as others.  

2. Many units from the Kingdoms expansion are added in, mainly through a port of Candelarius' Grand Unit Addon.  Not all of them are fully functional in the campaign yet, but all are available for custom battles.  In future versions I will have most of them in the campaign.

3. New guild/recruitment changes.  In the holy land, special crusader units will be available, in Jerusalem, Acre, Antioch and Edessa.  Also in Acre and Cyprus there are templar chapter houses, and in Antioch and Rhodes there are hospitaller chapter houses.  The default order units are removed, and replaced by multiple units for each order.  For example, and a templar house, you can recruit templar knights, templar sergeants, templar crossbowmen and templar gunners.  The Hospitaller, Teutonic and Santiago Chapter Houses are all similarly changed.

4. Explorer guilds allow recruitment of Conquistadores for Spain and Portugal, and New World Cuirassiers for France and England.  These units are only available after the World is Round event.

5. Flaming missiles removed.

6. Torches and building smoke removed. (for performance and that the torches were ugly)

7. Faction Standing adjusted so people don't hate you for no reason on harder difficulties.

8. No winter script.  All turns are summer, but characters still age properly.

9. No rebels/brigands/pirates.  They were just annoying and didn't really improve gameplay at all.  Randomly having your armies rebel wasn't any fun, and it really hurt the AI.

10. Remove Campaignmap farmland graphics, and landbridge graphics.

11. Siege weapons move the same speed as infantry on the campaign map.

12. HorseArcher's Dust Mod included.

13. My Kingdoms Skymod included, so the game uses both vanilla and kingdoms skies.

14. Siege buildings unavailable at castles.

15. Campaign changed back to timescale of 2 for now, as thats ideal for how long I like to play one campaign.  I may change this to 1.5 at some point, and its easy for anyone else to do if they want.

16. The AI gets a bonus of +3 experience and +9 morale to all units they recruit.

17. There are other changes but nothing drastic.

FUTURE VERSIONS

This will not be the last version of the addon, this is really a work in progress.  I am releasing 2.0 for other people to give feedback and suggestions for things to improve.  

CREDITS:

Thanks to Lusted for LTC Gold, which this mod is based on.
    Thanks to Candelarius for his Grand Unit Addon.
    Thanks to Horsearcher for his dust mod.
    Thanks to Alpaca and GrnEydDvl for help with scripting and such stuff.
    Last edited by Garnier; January 17, 2008 at 01:34 PM.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Default Re: Garnier's LTC Addon Version 2.0

My Kingdom of Jerusalem in my France campaign, following a Council mission to take Damascus:

Last edited by Garnier; January 17, 2008 at 01:35 PM.

Retired moderator of TWC

Default Re: Garnier's LTC Addon Version 2.0 *Released*

Very nice work!

Beautiful !

I've done a lot of changes since I released this, mostly balancing, I'll probably release a patch in a few days with more adjustments. There are quite a few imbalances in it, and some annoying things like the HRE almost only using teutonic troops in my experience.

Retired moderator of TWC

Incomplete changelist for Version 2.1:

1. Fixed problems with AI using only teutons and such as HRE.

2. Adjusted some skins - the crusaders you hire when on crusade use templar skins now, instead of the ugly brown and pink.

3. AI Money script added, which balances the factions so small factions survive longer.

4. Removed armoured sergeants from england in campaign. Instead you need to use levy spearmen, which when fully upgraded aren't worse than armored sergeants.

5. Made the AI recruit less generals.

Retired moderator of TWC

I'm going to be playtesting something very revolutionary in the campaign.

I cut income from settlements in half. I may cut it even more, but I don't know.

I also added 4000 to every normal faction's kings purse. (Not including mongols, aztecs &c).

Then I made all buildings cost 0 florins, and I'll rebalance the construction times, so late period buildings dont take forever compared to early buildings (that is ridiculous anyway cause in the late period there would be a lot more people and better technology to make the buildings).

This means that bigger factions don't get as much of an income bonus over small ones, and since all money goes to the military, you will be able to fight any time without worrying about saving all your money for teching up your building trees.

Retired moderator of TWC

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

If I understand correctly you removed the era campaigns - would it be better to leave them in and just work with early one if you don't like the latter ones?
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

The other campaigns aren't compatible with the changes I made.

Retired moderator of TWC

So far my test campaigns are very enjoyable. Since you aren't faced with deciding between developing your towns to get lots of money in the long run, or buying troops and fighting, you get to spend all your money on armies.

Since this way the AI constructs buildings at the exact same rate as the human, their armies contain just as good units. I set it so the early period is from 1140 to 1300, high period from 1300 to 1450, and late period from 1450 onward. High period has chivalric troops and such. Late period is when the renaissance troops are available, and I didn't want them in the 1300s of course.

Retired moderator of TWC

Hi,

good addon though I don't like some of the changes it does. But one thing really attracted me, it's the era thingy. I saw it in UAI mod and I really miss it in LTC. Can it be somehow easily done or so? I would really miss many things you remove by this addon but I would really appreciate the different eras :-)

Thank you for any help.

PS. To be perfectly clear, I just want early units to be available in the early era, high units in the high era and no earlier and late units in late era and no earlier. Buildings are not as important, but having them era related sounds great also.

PS. To be perfectly clear, I just want early units to be available in the early era, high units in the high era and no earlier and late units in late era and no earlier. Buildings are not as important, but having them era related sounds great also.
    What you describe is basically what my mod does, and this is NOT present in normal LTC. I agree it is nice to use units in their period and not just race the technology to get the best units in the 1100s.

Retired moderator of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    What you describe is basically what my mod does, and this is NOT present in normal LTC. I agree it is nice to use units in their period and not just race the technology to get the best units in the 1100s.
    Sure, but I just don't want to get rid off winter seasons, flaming arrows and what I simply hate is morale bonuses for the enemy... one reason why I never played very hard in original MTW. I looked at your mod and it's just all-in-one so one cannot use just some features, too bad for me. But nevermind, I have no right to demand anything of you :-)

Actually winter and morale bonuses are easy to change back, just go to the campaign_script.txt and remove the sections titled AI recruitment bonus and no winter script. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Retired moderator of TWC

Thank you! I have just done what I wanted and I play LTC with your addon :-) I have encountered one issue though. Every battle, where shoul be mangonel presents means CTD. Log says, there is some config file for mangonel missing... any idea?

Yes I noticed that. That is why mangonels are not available in the campaign. I have yet to remove them from custom battles. I assume I didn't copy something properly when I ported the unit addon into LTC, but really I don't care for the mangonels and since they're the only CTD it's ok.

Retired moderator of TWC

is it possible to easily change the fire arrows to be back in also??

Well, not easy enough for me to just explain it right now.

Retired moderator of TWC

How do I get rid of winter months, I want to keep lusteds era campaigns, but I want to get rid of winter bad, hate damn winter battles, I likes me grass and other summer battles effects.

May sound stupid, but winter just annoys me. Is there any txt file that has just the remove winter effect, I can pop into my LTC directory?
    "I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas priests....... more drink?"

I have a separate mod for removing winter thats been released for a while now.

Retired moderator of TWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast