Thread: Sicily VH/VH (early era) starting problems

Default Sicily VH/VH (early era) starting problems

Greetings all!,
    Im playing Sicily on VH/VH (early era), and im always having financial problems, which leads to complete defencelessness in the first 30-40 turns.
    I usually get 200-400florins/2-4 turns for alliances/trade rights/map info..
    I set the taxes on very high if public order is 85 or above..
    Im investing all my money in markets/farms/roads, and small churches if necessary..
    In one of my attemts i managed to get Naples,Tunis,Ragusa,Corinth and Thessalonica with the starting army, but it seems that capturing these regions cant save me from being conquered by the moors for example.
    Im experimentig with various tactics for some time now, but i couldt find any working plan so far..Even in my best attempts i only get about +2000 fl./turn, but its just not enough for building/progressing and making a defensive army.
    The other problem is that Portugal is getting owned by the Moors in the first couple of turns most of the time, which makes Sicily the next obvious target for them..
    I tried to convert Palermo/Cagliari to city for more income,
    but i dont know if its a good idea..beacuse it costs quite a lot.
    So, do You have any suggestions ? Or am I too unexperienced for VH ?
    Well, I'll keep trying for a few more times..

N3rull's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Sicily VH/VH (early era) starting problems

I'm running vanilla+Lusted's AI mods (not full LTC) and I too had money problems with Sicily (I rushed to the islands and Tunis and found myself at -3000florins o.O)
    Guess that's the beauty of it... ;p

Default Re: Sicily VH/VH (early era) starting problems

oh well ur cities arent the best money makers u should know...try to get the north italy cities Venice for example brings like 6000-7000 florins per turn ...then genoa and so on.... north african cities are useles for me i never bother to send an army there..