Thread: computer cheating??

Default computer cheating??

at the end of every turn if you turn the console on and scroll up there is loads of add_money poland 2500, add_money england -1000 and so on for all the factions. did you code this in to balance the factions?
    and also i sieged a castle near the coast so it was a suprise attack they only had a couple of units and i had a small army as well..but more than enough to deal with the pathetic garrison hehe. well joke was on me coz nxt turn they sallied forth but had built another 6 uber axe guys while under siege..so i had to run! is this bug and if not can the player build while under siege?

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: computer cheating??

If I am right BC has some form of improved campaign AI, maybe UAI itself. UAI had money script to boost other factions a little, but still by some strategic thinking you can own virtually any computer enemy. In vanilla campaign on VERY HARD computer factions used to get bonus 10000 cash every turn, I don't think that anything below 5000 florins can upset game balance too much.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

anaztazioch's Avatar Centenarius

There ar money scripts that give x money to a faction (some faction recives more money than the rest).
    The less money AI faction has the more money it gets.
    I think that campaign difficulty also increases scrioted money.

Indefinitely Banned

@OP

Answer: Money Script, Garrison Script. More challenging game. Won't be changed.