Thread: capturing citadels

Default capturing citadels

really great mod btw, only bug ive come across is that when i capture a citadel i cant recruit any units..none at all! only happens in citadels anyone had the same problem? any ideas? thanks alot

Default Re: capturing citadels

What faction are you playing, and where is that citadel?

Factions have a ZOR or zone of recruitment, which limits where they can recruit units. Most factions then have a 'no zor' horse archer which represents tribal nomads (Such as Kypchaks or Turkomans), but otherwise a castle outside of your ZOR won't be able to produce troops.

However, since it happens only in citadels, I am thinking maybe the code for your faction accidentally removes recruitment of units from that citadel. Which faction is it?

i am ERE and the citadel is Sis. so this zor system wont allow you to build any troops in castles outside a certain area? well i took that off AFTER i couldnt build anything and didn't make any diff.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

that explains why i cant recruit troops in Varna(playing as ERE also)

Quote Originally Posted by bmanwho View Post
    i am ERE and the citadel is Sis. so this zor system wont allow you to build any troops in castles outside a certain area? well i took that off AFTER i couldnt build anything and didn't make any diff.
    Here's an example of an entry for the ERE armoury (Citadel) barracks:

Code:
              recruit_pool "ere light spearmen"  1   1.1   8  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource w_anatolia or hidden_resource e_anatolia or hidden_resource syria or hidden_resource palestine or hidden_resource georgia
              recruit_pool "ere pikemen"  1   0.3   3  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource w_anatolia or hidden_resource e_anatolia or hidden_resource syria or hidden_resource palestine or hidden_resource georgia
              recruit_pool "ere medium spearmen"  1   0.3   2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource w_anatolia or hidden_resource e_anatolia or hidden_resource syria or hidden_resource palestine or hidden_resource georgia
              recruit_pool "ere medium swordsmen"  1   0.3   1  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource w_anatolia or hidden_resource e_anatolia or hidden_resource syria or hidden_resource palestine or hidden_resource georgia
              recruit_pool "ere heavy swordsmen"  1   0.2   1  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource w_anatolia or hidden_resource e_anatolia or hidden_resource syria or hidden_resource palestine or hidden_resource georgia
              recruit_pool "ere elite spearmen"  1   0.2   1  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource w_anatolia or hidden_resource e_anatolia or hidden_resource syria or hidden_resource palestine or hidden_resource georgia
              recruit_pool "ere elite varangian axemen"  1   0.5   1  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource w_anatolia or hidden_resource e_anatolia or hidden_resource syria or hidden_resource palestine or hidden_resource georgia
    The province of sis:

Code:
    Sis_Region
        Sis
        poland
        Cilician_Rebels
        64 59 152
        md_levy, cilicia
    For some reason it doesn't contain Cilicia. That may be intended or it may not be.

Indefinitely Banned

This was a clear oversight. ERE should definitely include Cilicia. It will be fixed. Thanks for informing us.

yeh no problem..so if you delete the requires hidden resources shouldn't that let you build where you want? or do you have to change something else?
    and btw your mod is amazing so much better than kingdoms, i got bored of that pretty quick, but BC has so much amosphere. really good work guys.

is there a way to fix this ourselves?
    "...most cases of death were mild to moderate..."

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ahes View Post
    is there a way to fix this ourselves?
    Go into EDB and find all the unit entries related to "byzantium". You'll see a listing of AORs next to each. Every single entry needs to have "cilicia" added as a required hidden resources. It might be savegame compatible.. not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    Go into EDB and find all the unit entries related to "byzantium". You'll see a listing of AORs next to each. Every single entry needs to have "cilicia" added as a required hidden resources. It might be savegame compatible.. not sure.
    It has been the times I've tried it.