Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reclaiming ancient lands -an Armenia AAR

Default Reclaiming ancient lands -an Armenia AAR

This is my Aremenia AAR, sorry for the bad English hope you guys enjoy it.

The main characters in the first parts are three people Jonas Klaas and Levon who is going to lead the army and all, Jonas and Klaas will do the rest. The things that happen between battles.
    Prologue

Our story starts on two different places one is in the house of the Turkish master assassin in Konya and the other is on the deck of an Italian ship heading towards the harbor of Tarsus. Our two heroes are there one is slave called Jonas a Flemish boy, 15 year olds captured when he was on a pilgrimage to the Holy Lands. Now he is working as slave of Cottenier the assassin. Or other hero is called Klaas another Flemish boy working as a sailor to see the world after that he ran away from home. First we’ll follow how Jonas becomes a soldier and then how Klaas gets his life saved by the Avag sepuh Levon.

Jonas was sitting in the kitchen of the assassin waiting till his masters diner was finished and he could serve it. While he was waiting he was thinking about the days he was a free man, those beautiful days where he could do whatever he wanted to do. And he realized that he needed to get his freedom back, and in his mind the only way to do that was by killing his master. The cooks were done with the dinner. He returned to his duties for now. Night came and Jonas couldn’t sleep and he heard something outside he took his knife and threw it. Right trough the eye of his master in to his brain blood started to flow out of his eye. Jonas knew the only thing he knew could do was run away from Konya to lands that were not ruled by Turks, the nearest kingdom with real power was Armenia. So our hero started his journey. But he didn’t know that the body guards of his old master where following him towards Armenia.

After a few weeks of hardship with little food and water while he was moving through the mountains to reach Armenian lands. But he was on foot and his persecutors were on horses and could move faster. They were awaiting him in Tarsus. Jonas came in to the town and searched a place to stay for a few nights before he would search a ship to return home. While he was walking around the towns the Turks saw him and pulled their swords and ran towards him. But on that moment the city guard arrived and saved his skin and arrest all three of them. Avag sepuh Levon was in the town that day and he heard what had happened and decided to visit the prisoners. He went inside the room. Levon walked in the prison and saw those men in different cells. Jonas was occupying on cell and the Turks the other one. Levon said “The boy or the guards will survive this, so start talking. I’ll decide what will happen to you.” Jonas told his story and what had happened to him and then the Turks told their story. Jonas left his cell to join the Armenian army and the Turks never left their cells they were killed there.

And now how Klaas joins the army, it was a very sunny morning and Klaas had no tasks to do on the ship today. So he was watching the Cilician coast line and in the distance he could see the city of Tarsus. And he could not wait to get off the ship and explore the city and get very drunk. He ran away from home one year ago when he was 14 years old, he ran away to see the world and get very rich. Now a year later he had a little money and a wife waiting for him in Venice. And he was not planning to return to Venice he was going to stay there or search a job on a ship that was going to Jerusalem. The holy lands he always wanted to see them, now he got the chance to do that. He was a very happy man when the ship sailed in the harbor and he could get on land.

He got off the ship and entered the first bar he could see. Inside the bar there were a few soldiers drinking and playing nardi and eating khorovadz. He went to talk to a few girls he saw there, but bad luck for him her father was sitting a few tables away and he punched Klaas knock out. The Armenians don’t like when homeless guys talk to their daughters or wives. The guy who had punched Klaas was a sergeant in the army. So when Klaas awoke he was in prison, he had now two choises join the army or die. So he joined the army that was going towards Seleucia.

End of prologue

Chapter one I'll post over days or in the weekend. and please what you guys think.
    Last edited by karo; January 17, 2008 at 12:46 PM.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Reclaiming ancient lands -an Armenia AAR

Karapet, good stuff, but an epilogue is at the end of something. A prologue is at the beginning.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

Yes I relised that to when I was at school today lol

Indefinitely Banned

Can't wait to see you AAR Karo.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Yes I relised that to when I was at school today lol
    I saw your story as I was in school^^
    nice thing!

but, actually, everything happens fast, you don't really describe that much (ok, I don't do that, too), but your story lives from the 2 charcterss, khadir in my AAR is just person for work....
    think on it, I'll do it on mine, too!

for what you can use latin lessons in that you have to search something on ovid in wikipedia^^
    Last edited by Nevada; January 17, 2008 at 01:59 PM.

Chapter 1

It was a while since our heroes were training in the royal Armenian Army. They had allotted of trouble learning the language, but they were making progress. After a week of physical training they were now ready to join a regiment and learn to fight like real soldiers.

It was the 8 day since Klaas had joined the army, the sun had just risen and the regiment of samanapah spearmen was awoken by their sergeant Khachadur Aramian. “Wake up shan lagotner! You will regret the day that you joined my regiment. You have 10 minutes to take your spear and shield and stand ready on the training grounds. There will you hear what your duties are ladies!”After he had said that he walked away.

4 minutes had passed and all of the regiment was standing ready. And between them was also standing Klaas with his spear and shield. They were standing there for 6 minutes till the sergeant came. “Barev ladies!” Klaas couldn’t believe his eyes. The guy who had punched him knock out was standing there, and he was an officer. The sergeant went on with speaking but Klaas didn’t understand everything he was saying. “I know you all think that you gozer are important. But get this in your thick skulls, you are not! There are horses; no there are dogs in this army whose lives have more value than yours ever will have. Most of you are scum! If it was up to me I would hang most of you guys. But since it isn’t up to me to decide, I welcome you in the royal army.” Klaas didn’t understand what the sergeant was saying but he now knew that this wasn’t going to be easy.

After the sergeant paused a few moments he went on. “Like I told you, you guys are scum. And you guys are green like grass. When you enrolled the army you scum thought this was going to be an easy job. Patrolling once a day, a little bit training and for the rest just doing nothing let me tell you that you were wrong. Takhavor Reuben and his brother Avag sepuh Levon, who is the general of this army, are planning to expand the border of this bingdom.” The sergeant started to laugh. “My name is Khachadur Aramianan I am the sergeant of this regiment. When you talk to me you ma paron, and they have given me the task to to train you guys to real soldiers. And now gozer start running to Tarsus and back.” Klaas didn’t understand what the sergeant had said but when he saw his brother in arms running he run with them.

When Klaas and his regiment started running Jonas was training with his spear and shield. He started to laugh when he saw them pass. He put down his spear and shield and went to his friend Armen to get something to drink. Some fresh and cold water would be great after a hard training. “Armen did you see those new guys run.” Jonas told Armen in the little Armenian he knew. Every day he was getting better and better in the Armenian language. Armen looked at him and started to laugh “That is what they will do when they see the enemy. Jonas you should be very glad that you joined us veterans and not some new regiment. We have seen battle and know how to fight. But those new guys will run when things get though.” Jonas looked at him “What will happen if I run away from the battle.” Armen laughed again “I advise you to run away and never set foot in Armenia again. But I’m sure you’ll not run when you see me and rest fight. We are the best there are. And I think it’s time for you to start your guarding round. Hurry up.” Jonas went to his guarding round and thought what his friend said.

Months passed by and time has come for the army to start marching towards Seleukeia, and Jonas was marching between his friends with his shield on his arm his spear on his other arm and a helmet on his head. On his back he was carrying some of the best wine he ever had tasted, he was already thinking about drinking it with his friends around the campfire couple of hours later. It was chilly in the mountains now, down in the valleys it was still summer but here at this height the soldiers had a difficult time moving. But the thoughts on the camp and the food that was awaiting for them there kept them going. Every day they marched for 8 hours than made base camp for the night. The most difficult that for Jonas was to get up in the middle of the night to guard the camp. But for the rest he was having a good time, it was a little cold but that was all he could complain about. He was again a free man fighting for a cause he believed in, and maybe in a couple of years he could make a career in the army.

It was in the summer of 1178 when the army laid siege to the castle of Seleukeia. The Hujner who lived there gathered there men very fast to repel any attack. But the Armenian army was too big to be stopped by those farmers. Sparapet Levon knew what he was doing, his army had infantry most of them would die but there was also the core of his army, the mighty Armenian cavalry. Nakharars and aspets from different corners of the kingdoms had come to gather and joined the army and were fighting under the command of Levon.

Letter from Levon to his brother Reuben

Dear brother
    We have taken the castle of Seleukeia. We have lost the half of our men; those dam defenders would not give up and die. But the castle now belongs to your kingdom; let me tell you who this happened. First few months we took time to make our siege equipment two ladders and two siege towers. In the months it took us to build the siege equipment things were really calm. Only a few soldiers tried to run away, they were hanged like the traitors they were. One guy was caught sleeping while he was on guard duty. Khachadur made him run couple of hours; I don’t think he’ll ever sleep on the job again. We attacked in October; middle of the night whole the city was sleeping except the half of their garrison who had guard duty. I have to tell you the governor was no fool he knew what he was doing. Not a strategic mastermind but not a retard either. The soldiers were good trained too. When the first ladders reached the walls the soldiers who climbed up were cut down. The spearmen who were pushing the siege tower had more luck many of them survived. You know about those Flemish guys I told you, they showed some real courage. Maybe next year I’ll promote them and let them fight in the new regiment I’ll form when I return to Sis. They are now 16 years old and I can see that they will have a great career in the army. But let us get back to the battle Most of us infantry died on the wall. Armen a great guy I met in the camp died on the wall very great loss he one die could become a great leader. When the gates opened me and my bodyguards rode off to take revenge for all those brave men that had lost their life on the walls. The resistance was hard when we entered through the gates but after the rest of the cavalry it was not difficult to break through them. When the sun risen in the east our flag greeted it, the castle was ours then. Brother give kisses to everybody back home, and drink one on my health. I’ll return as fast as I can and I have a plan to expand our kingdom even more.

Your brother
    Sparapet Levon.

(Pictures)

Last edited by karo; January 18, 2008 at 05:33 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

@Karo nice writing but you're linking your pictures totally wrong, can't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    @Karo nice writing but you're linking your pictures totally wrong, can't see anything.
    I know but I replaced the links and they should be working now

Indefinitely Banned

OK, I see them now. Awsome siege.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

yes, this is great!
    the pictures are also good^^

I like the training, sounds to me, (who didn't even have compulsory military sevice) like some kind of orthodox marines^^

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Very nice karo! Keep up the good work
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Chapter 2
    Part 1

Jonas stood there on the wall and saw the enemy running towards him and his unit. He looked around but didn’t see his sergeant anywhere, than he looked down and saw him lying there on the ground. He knew that without an officer they didn’t stand a chance and when one of them threw down spear and started to run the rest would follow him. He turned to the rest and yelled “Shields up, spears ready! Wait they till hit your shield than trust your spear in their body. With some luck we’ll survive this and be heroes. Now ready on my command.” He didn’t know where this was coming from but he knew that this was the right thing to do. They stand their ground there and they even routed the enemy. When Jonas saw the Armenian loin being raised on top of the castle h knew that he had survived his first battle and that the men hadn’t even moved an inch to give away the wall that they had conquered.

After the battle was done Jonas was called to the Sparapet and he thought he would get a punishment because he had taken the command on himself without orders. But he was very wrong, the Sparapet had other ideas. Jonas went to the throne room of the castle; Levon was there with the rest of his body guards and the rest of the Nakharars and officers. They were drinking very expensive wine and talking about the next war. Levon saw him come in and the talks stop and everybody was watching him now while he was moving towards where Levon was sitting. We bowed before Levon, and waited to hear what his punishment was.
    “Jonas the first time I saw I didn’t think you was the type that could become a leader but you have me proved wrong. And that’s why you deserve a reward” Levon looked at his face and started to laugh. “What did you think there was going to happen. Did you think you were going to be punished? No you are now the new sergeant of the regiment and if you work hard you’ll it far in the army. And now sit among the other sergeants and drink some because tomorrow it is time again to start training our men, we don’t want them to become lazy and fat do we.” Jonas stood there with his mouth open closed it bowed for the Sparapet and went and sat next to a big guy who was the officer of the Aspets. It was a good day for Jonas today but he didn’t realize that with his new duty came also a lot of responsibility.

A year later Jonas heard that with his new job also came a title he was a low land lord, but he was serving in the army so he had the right to sit in the council of nobles. In the council the Nakharars of the most important noble families sat there and the noblemen who served in the army. There they decided if the army could go to war or not. The king and the sparapet were the chairmen of the council. Jonas was sitting there and hearing some old man speaking about why they should not attack Vahka. The old man was saying “We should not attack the Turks who are our friends have their armies moving towards it and you know that we can’t fight our friends.” Jonas looked at Levon and saw the anger on his face. And Levon spook when the old man had said his last word. “Armen have you forgotten what they did to our Kingdom in our homeland. Have you forgotten what happened to our kingdom in Hayastan. And who we have lost Ani.” He paused for a few moments and went on “We know that they are preparing to attack us sooner or later. Our lands are rich and they want it. So we need to conquer Vahka and create a buffer zone between our lands and there’s.” After Levon was done he sat back down, Takhavor Reuben stood up and said “Now you can all vote if we would attack Vahka or not.” Jonas knew what he was going do he needed to vote for an attack on the castle so his new homeland could stay safe from a Turkish attack. The council voted for an attack there were only 10 men who voted to not attack. If the Turks would attack Armenia those man who had voted not to attack would be arrested and held so they couldn’t act like the traitors they were.

Four years had passed since the decision was taken to attack the castle and they were now starving the enemy. The enemy hadn’t much food left and the only thing they could do was sally and to attack the Armenian force. Jonas was sitting and watching to the wall and thinking why they weren’t attacking. At that moment he saw a man running away from the enemies wall and he run towards the man his sword ready. The grass was now high in the end of spring and when he saw the man he recognized him, he had seen many coming to his old master. It was a Turkish spy Jonas pulled his sword and attacked without asking something. His first blow was aimed at his heart and the only thing the spy had to defend himself was a dagger. After two minutes Jonas killed him and carried the body to the camp. They found a message on the body.

“My Turkish friends, those Armenian dogs from Cilicia are besieging me. We have no food left and our water supply is very low to. So we need your help if we want to survive. If you come and help us we will accept Turkish rule and be your loyal servants. But hurry we don’t have much time we’ll sally forth next month when our last rat in the city will be eaten.

Mleh “

Levon was now curtain that the Turks would attack his homeland sooner or later. A month passed and Mleh sallied forth with his whole army. The infantry came first outside the gate followed by Mleh and his Nakharars. Levo rode right trough the enemy infantry to get to Mleh, many of the enemy died while the maces came down on their heads. He reached Mleh but the coward fled away, Levon started persuading him. He caught him before he could reach the archers. After they were fighting Nakharars rode right inside Mlehs flank. Followed by the spearmen, Mleh died quickly, killed by a mace right in his face. And the last thing on his mind was “Where are the Turks”. After the dead of the general the army started to retread and try to regroup in the city but that was the chance the Armenians had waited. All of the cavalry charge at once and killing and capturing all of them nothing could stop them now. And the day was theirs a great victory.

part 2 will follow tonight or tommorow. Hope you guys will enjoy it
    Last edited by karo; January 27, 2008 at 04:36 AM.

Part 2

Klaas is standing on the ship and looking to the sun going down, and thinking about his time in the army. It was very different from his former life. This was the second time he was standing on a ship but this time he wasn’t running away from something but doing his duties for once. Klaas was standing there and watching the sun go under while the ships were getting close and closer to Cyprus and the next battle.
    Klaas turned and saw Khachadur sitting a little bit further. It was thanks to him that he was standing here today. He was his sergeant and the man who had saved his life during the last siege. When the enemy had trusted his spear towards Klaas his face, the only thing that had saved his life was Khachadurs shield. Later on the day when the battle had moved from the walls towards the castle Klaas had returned the favor by killing the horsemen that was trying to ride over Khachadur. When the hujn had charged and Khachadur hadn’t enough time to react. Klaas had stabed with his spear in the head of the horse. Blood and horse brain were spilling down his spear. After the horse had collapsed, Khachadur finished the rider with a single blow oh his spear. After the fighting was done Klaas was rewarded with some money and he was honored like the hero he was. Khachadur and Klaas were friends and were ready to die for each other. When Klaas returned from Cyprus he was planning to buy a house in Tarsus and even get married but this time he would not run away to distante lands.

Klaas stopped looking at the sun went and sat next to his friend. “Khachadur, what are you thinking?” Khachadur looked at him and said “I’m thinking about home my young friend. I’m thinking about my wife and about my daughters. This is going to be my last battle. When we return home I’ll retire.” Klaas was shocked to hear that and couldn’t believe it; “Khachadur nice joke! If you retire who is going to scare the new recruits. And come on, you are not that old, you are just plain old ugly.” Said Klaas in perfect Armenian, few years ago he couldn’t speak two words but now it was like he had been speaking Armenian his whole life. Khachadur looked at him and started to laugh; “my friend at nights I feel the cold in my bones. That’s when you know that you’re too old for the army.” “The army is not going to be the same without you. And does the Sparapet now about you plans.” said Klaas with a very sad voice. “Dam it, haven’t told him yet. I will when we arrive in Cyprus.” “I don’t think that he will be very happy when you tell him.” said Klaas. “And I need to find someone else to take my place.” Klaas started laughing again: “But how are you going to do that there is nobody so scary or ugly like you.” Khachadur looked at his face and started to laugh too, “Maybe I’ll choose you; you’re the only one who’s uglier. But I guess you’re not that scary.”

A few weeks later they arrived on Cyprus. When the soldiers moved ashore and made camp; a delegacy of the governor arrived. The island of Cyprus was divided in two parts. One part was ruled by the Eastern Roman Empire from Nicosia, the other one was independent. The capital of the independent region was Famagusta. The Greek ambassadors were greeted by the Sparapet Levon himself. And that day Klaas had guarding duties in the commander’s tent. The leader of the delegacy bowed for Levon and started to speak “My lord, what are you doing on our island? Here you and your kinsmen don’t have any power. Go home and you’ll live but stay here and we’ll do everything we can do to destroy you and your army.” Levon was getting angry, “Are you threatening me, ambassador. I didn’t think that you fools would be so stupid to threaten me in my own camp.” The ambassador went on,” Name calling will not help you. You barbarians from the mountains, who can’t even defend their own home land, come here and call us stupid.” You could now see that Levon was angry; “Greek the only thing that’s keeping your head on your shoulders is the diplomatic privileges you got.” The ambassador laughed “You fools will attack, but our walls are strong and our men are strong. No army has conquered us in the past 200 years.”
    Levon controlled his anger now, and interrupted the ambassador. “I’ve heard enough, go back to your city and tell your governor this. Every man that surrenders will be spared, if he surrenders the city he’ll be spared to. But when we arrive at the city gates and see them closed. I make an oath with God and every man standing here as my witness that than all the defenders will be killed. And now you have two minutes to get out f my camp.”

When the Greeks were leaving Klaas heard one of them saying to their leader. “Was it wise to provoke him like this.” The leader laughed and said, “The horse lord is scared now and he’ll take his army and return home.” He thought wrong Levon was angry and he was a man that didn’t make lose threads. Three weeks later they besieged the city. And Levon was going to keep his word.

Letter from Avag Sepuh to his brother Tagavor Levon.

Barev, dear brother

When this letter reaches you I’ll be sailing back home. But now I’m sitting in a rich house near the center of the city. Tonight I’m quite alone and missing my wife. Remember me that I shall take her with me when I leave for war next time. Good let me tell you about the siege. In my last letter to you I told you about the fool that tried to scare us and insulted our people. When the battle started I told the soldiers the one who would return with his head would get land and a title but now I’m getting too much ahead of the story.

Let’s return to the beginning, when we arrived at the city the inhabitants couldn’t believe their eyes. How can they stop such a mighty army like ours? We made camp and the siege was started. Three days after we arrived there a new messenger came. This time he crawled in the dust before my feet and begged not too attack the city. What do these think that they can insult us first and then beg for mercy. No mercy was giving, the messenger returned back to the city crying because he realize that this was his last time outside the city.

One week after our arrival we started to build the ladders and the siege towers we needed. Building those Equipments was going to a lot faster than the last time. After the first month our supplies were running low because most of our food was gone bad. We had food left for one month. So I had to send scouts out find food. Two weeks past and most of them had returned but one. Most of them had food but not enough. We would starve soon if a miracle didn’t accrue very soon. Few days later I saw the Roman banner at the horizon and I thought what they were doing here. They were too far away from Nicosia to be patrolling here. So I I collected my bodyguards and rode to meet them. After ten minutes of riding we saw Narek, the scout who hadn’t returned yet, riding towards us with great speed. When he arrived he bowed while sitting on his horse and told me, “I’ve rode day and night without rest to find food. Then on the sixth day I found the Roman supply column that was moving towards us, sent on the orders of the emperor himself. And they have also brought this letter from the emperor.” That was what he told me. But now we have more food than we can eat. With the supplies there were also some of the best wines I’ve tasted. When I return I’ll bring some with so you can taste is.

I forgot to mention that Khachadur is retiring from the army when we reach the mainland. But enough of this small talk it’s time to tell you about the battle. It was a glorious battle the gateway was conquered in a couple of hours, after they had opened the gates me and my unit moved in and destroyed their forces together with the infantry that was attacking the walls. So the walls first, we had built two siege towers and six ladders to assault the walls. While our soldiers were moving towards the wall arrows and other projectiles were shot at them. Many good men died there.

I had divided my forces in two parts a small part would attack the other side were there were almost no defenses. Our man were fighting hard on the walls when one of the signaled that the gates were open. I and my Nakharars rode in started killing every enemy we met. And when the enemy saw that we were inside of their castle their moral dropped and most of them started to route. They were captured or killed we didn’t care what happened but the only thing we knew that they had to be taken out. They had also some cavalry in the city but it was very weak and could even fight like real men and died very soon and the city was ours. That was the battle and I hope everything is going good in the kingdom. Kiss everybody back home and tell them that I’ll return very soon.

Your brother Levon

and here's a preview of the next chapter.

Thats some good stuff Karo
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Chapter 3
    Part 1

Levon stayed six months on the island before he returned home, back to the land of Cilicia. The reason of Levon’s return was the news he had gotten from back home about his brother. The political situation of the country had changed a lot in the last few months. Pro Turkish parties had arsine like mushrooms, and they were convincing the Tagavor that an alliance with the Turkish Sultanate was the best option. And Levon had also heard of rumors about a large Turkish army, which was marching through Armenian lands against the city of Antioch. How could this be, letting an Islamic army move trough Christian lands to attack a Christian city. Now Levon was marching with 300 of his most loyal men, men whose loyalty lay with the kingdom and not with king. And Klaas, who had replaced Khachadur as officer of the regiment, was one of them.

While marching through the mountains, Klaas saw the mighty castle Sis in the valley. The last time he had marched through these mountain passes priests from near cities had come to bless them. What had happened he wondered while they were getting closer and closer to their destination? Only one Turkish Imam had come and he had been chased away by the soldiers. A few hours later the men entered the valley and saw in the distance the mighty castle. Levon gave the command to take a break. After they had rested Levon stood in front of the men and spoke to them “Men, I have chosen you to be next to me when I confront my brother for the actions he has taken. The 300 of us are here while the rest of the army is guarding the passes to Antioch. No Turkish army will attack a Christian city from our soil. When they dare to use force to move through the passes we can expect aid from Jerusalem and the Christian world. So the Turks are not foolish enough to start a war on two fronts. But now let us go to my brother and see what his motives were behind his actions. Now let us march to Sis, Hayots zorkh.” After those those words the moral of the army was higher than ever, and the men were ready to do anything that was needed to do for the protection of the kingdom.

In the time that Klaas was getting closer to Sis, Jonas was guarding the passing to Antioch. He and his regiment were under the command of Narek a Nakharar from the region of Tarsus and a good friend of Levon. He also had command over all the passes towards Antioch. A Turkish messenger rode inside the camp with orders from the king that they had to let their army move through the passes. Narek invited them inside his tent and there were the other officers who were guarding the pas too. The Turk started to talk but Narek didn’t understand what the he was saying. “Jonas, come here and tell him I don’t speak the language of dogs.” Narek refused to learn Turkish he spoke Arabian and a little bit of French. Jonas translated what the messenger said for Narek. “Tell him, that Levon is back in the country and that it’s done with playing here. Tell him to tell his commander to take his army and return to his lands before we get mad and destroy them.” The messenger replied “We have commands from the king that you or obligated to follow and let us pass through these passes.” Narek started to laugh “Jonas, tell him that the word of the king means nothing when his brother the Sparapet speaks. When Levon gives an order to the soldier no command can do anything about it. And now you can leave to your commander. Good bye.” After that the Turk left the camp and rode back to his men.

A few days’ later messengers came from the south passes that the Turks had crossed the passes and were on their way to Antioch. Narek lost it took every cavalry men and went on high speed to the south passes. Few days later he returned and called the entire officer in his tent dear for a meeting. All the officers arrived a few moments later, inside the tent the mood was not too best. “Men I have sent a letter to Levon that we have failed here today. But we aren’t the ones who are going to pay for it.” He pulls a letter for the table next to him. “This is the letter from Armen the Dogg to his nephew, who’s arrested for treason against the kingdom and will be banned when we reach Sis. I’ll read to you the letter
    “Dear nephew, when you get this letter all things have gone wrong in the kingdom and there is only one chance to save it. Let the Turkish army march through the pass you are guarding and when you return home you’ll replace my deceased son.
    Your loving uncle Armen”
    You see that not only the nephew has betrayed the kingdom but also a Nakharar. He will be executed for his betrayal and his family will all of their lands to the royal family. No you can leave and prepare the men for a marsh back to Sis. I’ve already sent orders to the other passes. We’ll move at noon.” After they had gotten their order they left and prepared to march back to Sis.
    While the officers were hearing meeting in Narek’s tent Levon and his men arrived at the castle. Klaas saw that many things had changed. The royal lion was not hanging at the biggest tower but a foreign flag and none of the guards that were guarding the castle were from the royal army. They were carrying a black banner with a yellow eagle on it. That was the flag of the house Khoruni. Klaas heard Levon say to one of the Nakharars “Armen has spilled his poison here.” At the gates he ordered the men to take position and to be ready for anything. Levon and the officers, Klaas was one of them, moved to the throne room where Thakavor Reuben was. When they arrived at the doors they saw that it was guarded by two men that looked Turkish but weren’t.

Levon and his men entered the room, and they looked around they saw the queen in the corner of the room beaten. The king was lying on the floor drunk while he was smoking some opium together with some yellow men. The rage that came on the face of Levon nobody had seen it before. After he saw Armen sitting there his hands covered in blood and the body of his wife not far away he lost all control. He pulled his sword, the guards that were standing outside the doors had to react. They came inside with their spears ready. Levon sliced the head of one of them with his sword, Karen, the brother of the queen, cut through the belly of the other one all his guts came out. “Karen, go and see how it is with your sister. Take her to your father’s house and prepare for war.” Levon said while he was walking towards the body of his wife. Armen came to speak to him “Sparapet, you don’t know what happened here please…” Levon hit with his fist in the face of Armen, four of his teeth were broken. “Armen, I not done with you, I’ll be back to take care of you and my brother.” Few soldiers rushed and grabbed Armen so that he couldn’t run away. Klaas saw that Levon was crying while he carried his wife away and that she wasn’t dead, she was breading. Klaas was astonished that those kinds of things could happen in a civilized kingdom. He now knew that he had to leave the arm and move away for a while so he wouldn’t lose it and go crazy.

One of the side doors opened and the royal guard came in and they were armed and ready for a battle. Reuben stood there almost falling to the ground and said “All of you are traitors to this Kingdom and you will be executed together with my brother. Guards arrest those men.” And he fell back to the ground. The guards were looking to the face of their commander and he nodded and they moved to arrest the men when Levon entered the room. All of the guards bowed and saluted the man who had leaded the Hay armies to victory. The commander of the guards asked “Ter Sparapet what are your orders?” Levon told him “Go outside with your men and arrest all of the guards that are not serving in the royal army and leave me deal with the problems in the room.” The commander bowed and guards stood up and left.

After they had left Levon turned to Armen “You scum, worthless scum, gozi tznuth. Dead is the only thing you deserve.” After he had said that he cut his arm. Armen started screaming “Ahhh I’m a noble men of this country I’m of noble birth.” Levon lost it and spit in his eyes “You noble you are nothing more than a dog that deserves to die the cruel way I can think off.” One of the men gave him a knife that saw red from the heat. Levon grabbed his hears and pulled his head back. The hot knife right in his eye, the sound that came out of his mouth was the worst thing Klaas ever had heard. When Armen was screaming the yellow men tried to escape but one of the men grabbed him and when Levon turned to him and nodded he sliced his trout. Blood flowed down on his cloth and Klaas threw up after he had seen that. After ten minutes of screaming Armen stopped and was breading heavily. The same man who had given the first knife give the second knife and another one opened Armen’s mouth and pulled out his tongue and Levon cut of his tongue. After of two minutes of screaming he lowered himself to the ear of Armen and whispered in his ear. This is what you get for laying a finger on my wife be glad I’m so merciful and don’t worry about your family they will join you in hell like the traitors they are. And I won’t show this kind of mercy when I’m dealing with them.” Armens eyes became large when he heard this. And Levon cut his trout. He called few servants, who were grateful to see the hero back home, to clean the room.

After the bodies were carried outside Levon went to the throne were his brother lied down on the floor pulled him up and threw him through the room against the wall. “Stand up you coward! To you think its fun to beat up people, than stand up and fight. Or do you think it’s fun to beat your wife!” Reuben looked at him and laughed “Welcome back brother.” He looked around “Were are my new friends. And where is the ambasador of the Chinees Empire. I like him. And have you allready met the Turkish ambasador we’ll sign a alliance tommorow.” Levon laughed “Brother the only thing you will do is stay in your room, and if you don’t lik your room a cell is ready for you.” Now Reuben looked at his brother with hate on his face. “Who do you think you are you retard, you come here to my house and tell me your rightfull king what to do. I’ll have you arrested and killed for treason.” Levon’s rage was back and was bigger than at the start. “Yous tupid bastard, the only reason I haven’t killed you is because you are my king and killing the king would be treason. After you became king I became the head of our family and I disown you. You are not a person without a house let men and god mok you till the end of days. From today your name is Reuben the fool. And let it be known through the kingdom that we will go to war against the Turks.” A messengar entered the room that moment “Sir, the Turks have declared war against us and are besieging the castle of Seleukiea. But I’ve also good news the Nakharars have destroyed their forces.” Levon turned to him and said now go through the kingdom and tell everyone that we are at war with the Turks and have won our first victory of many.”

After that Levon put the king on room arrest and the men now knew that his commands were worthless the queen was now leading the castle. She had returned from her father’s house after she had recovered. And with her twenty bodyguards who would kill anyone that would try to harm him. And Levons wife was there to protect by the best of the kingdom thirty of the most thrust worthy men Levon had. Two of them were men who had helped Levon to kill Armen. A day after they had arrived at Sis and the bloodbath in the throne room, Klaas left the army and moved away from the kingdom towards the Caucasus Mountains and the ancient homeland of Armenia. But he had promised to return soon.

Six months have passed since the dead of Armen and the Armenians were besieging the castle of Karaman. Jonas was sitting with his back to the fire because he had guarding duties. And he was thinking about his lands back in Sis and about the girl that would become his wife when he returned home after this war. He knew that life was going to be good if he could pull it off to survive the siege and attack. But he thought it couldn’t be that hard because the only one in the castle was the Sultan and Levon had promised to not show any mercy when they would attack the castle. Two days later it was time to attack the castle and kill the sultan that was sitting in the castle.

A letter from Karen to his Sister.
    Dear sister

We have taken the castle and the sultan is dead. Levon is healthy and sends greets to his wife. Tell her that it will take a few years before we come home.

Karen.

Part 2 will follow soon with two big battles hope you guys enjoy reading it.

Ooh, I love it when the enemy lets their faction leader sit by himself in a settlement.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Indefinitely Banned

You killed Kilij Arslan already!

Great AAR.

Part 2
    After the conquest of Karaman Levon prepared his army to move against Ankara and take the large castle that will help us defend our borders. But did he know little that his plans would be interrupted by problems back home. This was one of the days that Jonas hadn’t any night duties and he was sitting in the throne room drinking some wine and talking to his wife. He was surrounded by noble men and officers of the army who had also no duties to attend too. After the battle was done he moved back home and got married two months later he was back at Karaman with his wife this time. And also Levon’s wife Sevilla had joined him.

It was a night that no one expected much to happen, but they were wrong. They heard the gate been lowered and a horsemen riding inside through the gate. A few moments later a messenger came inside the throne room and he had a message with him from the governors of Tarsus and Adana. Levon stood up you could see that he was a true warrior and had seen many wars before. The messenger bowed for the great leader who had restored the peace in the country and handed over the messages. Levon opened the first message that had come from Adana and read first in silence and after he was down looked around in the room. “Men listen what the governor of Adana has writing to me.

Sparapet
    We beg you to return to Armenia. A large Turkish army is moving through the countryside and attacking villagers and farmers. Thousands have died and even more have come to the cities as refuges. If you don’t return soon they could even attack the city. I’ve already sent a letter the thakavor but I haven’t received an answer for him yet. Hope you’ll do what it is needed to protect the citizens.

That is what he has written me, asking me to take the army and return. You all think I should return and destroy the Turks.” The men cheered because they knew that Levon would take the right decision. “No I’ll not return to Adana.” Everyone in the room looked with surprise at Levon and they thought he had gone mad. “You all look at me like I’m crazy or something. You think I’m making a wrong decision. I’ve got here a second letter and this is from Tarsus it can’t be coincidence that those two letters arrived here at the same time.” And he opened the second letter and read after he was done the men saw his rage back in his eyes. “Make the man ready we are moving back to Tarsus to destroy the Turks.” The reason why Levon chose not to march to Adana because he knew that they would move as fast as they could back to Turkish lands to prepare the new defenses. But the second letter told something else
    “Levon

the army is moving through the passes against you and Karaman. Destoy them before reinforcement from back home arrive. Karen”

Jonas stood there on the courtyard screaming to the units. “Come on, faster ladies we don’t got have all day. And the Turks are not going to wait all the time. They could go away and make us miss a great battle so ladies move those feet.” A few Nakharars walked towards Jonas. “Sergeant when are your men done, we need to start this army moving and the Sparapet wants you and your men to join him and his bodyguards at the front of the army.” Jonas was surprised he didn’t know what he had done to deserve this kind of honor. He answered to the Nakharar “One hour and the whole army, is ready to move out Nakharar.” They were satisfied with that answer and they walked away. One hour later the army was standing ready to march of and meet the enemy in the mountain passes. Levon rode to Narek “Narek I give you the command of the castle when I’m gone take good care of it. And make sure that nothing happens to my wife when I don’t return and if I don’t return send her to her father’s house. Goodbye my friend, till next time we meet.” And after those words Levon rode to the head of the army and they started marching away.

After a month of marching they were not far away from the border with Tarsus. Levon ordered the man to make a camp and prepare for battle. And now they were awaiting the return of the scouts with information about the enemy army. Jonas had not much to do that day when the scouts returned, all of them together. The leader went to the general’s tent and a few moments later the most important officers joined the general and the scout inside the tent. Jonas realized that something had happened and the day of the battle comes closer. He tried to talk with one of the scouts about what had happened but they couldn’t tell him anything because they had orders to keep their big mouths shut. When the sun was going under and the torches where let Levon came outside out of his tent followed by the high officers and one of them was Karen who had come and rejoined Levon.

Levon looked to the men and said “Men tomorrow will be a day when we write history. I know that most of you know about the Turkish army that passed the passes to attack Antioch. But they didn’t attack Antioch; they turned and came back when they heard that we were besieging Karaman. Now they are here, they have moved through our lands killing innocent people and destroying harvest and villages along the way. But know they face men who are armed and ready for battle. And are ready to protect the things they love and their country. Many generations ago we lived back in our home lands in Ani and we were powerful. I have a dream to return back to our lands and take what is ours. Tigran had a dream back in the days to expand our borders from sea to sea. The Romans were scared of him and his armies. Now it’s our days we’ll make the world tremble when they hear the name Armenia. And search a cave to hide in when they hear that our army is marching to their lands. Now to realize all those things we need to win the battle tomorrow and show the world that nothing can defeat us. After the victory of tomorrow the world is open for us. Fight like the heroes we are. Brave men are watching from heaven to see how we are doing. And don’t dare to disappoint our ancient heroes.” After he had said those words he took a step back and Karen came forward “I’ve seen the Turkish army, their numbers are greater but we have something that they don’t have. We have Levon on our side and we all know that he’s blessed by God to lead us to great things. And under his leading victory will be ours. Who is with me tomorrow?” Whole the army started screaming and Jonas realized that no force on the earth could stop them now.

Early in the morning they stood ready on the plain were they would meet the Turks. In the distance they saw the first soldiers and heard them screaming. And the moral of the soldiers lowered because this was the first time they were facing the Turks with their horse archers on the open field. The soldiers looked at Levon and saw that he was smiling and they then knew that they had nothing to fear from them. Jonas stood there with his spear and shield in his hand waiting the enemy. An hour later the army was so close that they could smell the stench of their horses at that moment Levon and his men charged right in too the army with that one charge he broke the thought that they were invincible. The horse archers were the first one to run away from the battle. And after that the rest of the cavalry charged and victory was almost theirs they only needed a last push. Jonas took the flag from one of the banner carriers put it high and charged and the rest of the army followed. When the Turks saw all those fierce men charging they turned tail and run as fast as they could. That was the moment that Levon had awaited he gave the order to chase down and capture those bastards. Most off the army was captured and executed. At noon the Turkish army was destroyed and the men started the march back to Karaman. A Nakharar came too Jonas and said that the general would like to speak him when they arrived back in Karaman.

A few weeks after they had returned, one morning they saw the Turkish flags in the distance. And they knew that they hadn’t had the time to leave the castle and fight their army in the plains. Levon wasn’t really worried because he knew that his man could defeat the best that the Turks could throw at him. A week after the Turks had arrived Levon called all of his officers to discuss the plan they were going to use to defeat the enemy. Jonas sat there between the other officers looking at Levon while he was explaining them his plan. “After the first charge led by me and my bodyguards, the rest of the cavalry will follow. If that is not enough the infantry will follow led by their commander in chief Jonas. Jonas stand up from today on you are a Nakharar and all the infantry in this army will stand under your command. And because you are now a nakharar you need lands to rule over. From today on you will rule the lands of Armen and the Khoruni. From today you will be known as Jonas of Sis from the family Hovanesian. Stand up Nakharar and let the army see you.” After Jonas had gotten his reward he returned home to change his clothes and go drinking with his friends.

He enters his house and looks around can’t see his wife anywhere on the first floor. Then he hears a men’s voice upstairs. He pulls his sword and climbs up the stairs as quiet as he can. He opens the door and sees his wife cheating on him with some low life called Armen who was throw out of the army few weeks ago. “You little whore!” he screamed at Anush, his wife. Armen saw that things were getting to dangerous. He tried to slip passed Jonas but he wasn’t fast enough to get passed him. His sword came up right inside his belly, his guts started fell out. He looked at his wife and the only thing he could say was “Get out of here and make sure I don’t see you back. Go back to your father.” After those words he left his house and went to the walls to await morning and the battle that came.

Morning came, Jonas stood ready with his spear in his hand and with his spear in the other. He had called all the sergeants tighter earlier to tell them what he expected from them. They only left when the cavalry came in too danger not earlier or they could screw up Levon’s plan. Jonas saw Levon and his men riding outside the gate towards the center of the Turks. Jonas climbed the walls to see what was going on when he arrived there he saw Levon and his men charge in the center and the Turks starting running. He felled nothing when he saw all those men die. He had died inside last night and nothing could cure him. Sometime later the other cavalry rode off to join their zoravar in the battle and to destroy the enemy. The battle was done soon and their arm was dead or captured. This was a glorious day for the kingdom.

End of chapter 3

Im new is this mod available for downloading if not are there any other armenia ones?

It's availble http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140857 check this out. Download first 1.0 and than 1.05. the rest you need to know is there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast