Thread: ERE CTD

Default ERE CTD

Okay, so I'm currently in the year 1192, and at the end of the Turk Sultanate/ beginning of Georgian turn I get a CTD. I have yet to start a new game to try and repeat the scenario, so I do not know if it is repeatable, or even if it is simply a corrupt file.

I have downloaded both the continuous turn fix and the Vista fix, so I believe those do not have anything to do with this. Then again, I could be wrong. Other than that, the mod is great, and hopefully we can find a fix to this if it needs it
    "...most cases of death were mild to moderate..."

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: ERE CTD

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

If you want errors thoroughly looked at please post a formal error report in the report thread here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140875

Many apologies....will go ahead and post there now--you can close this thread now, hehe.

Indefinitely Banned

From Report Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ahes View Post
    1. CTD
    2. Repeats from both the autosave and manual save
    3. CTD occurs when Turkish Sultanate turn ends
    4. Vista OS
    5. English version of the game
    6. Year 1192
    7. Playing as the ERE
    8. Turkish Sultanate, or perhaps Georgia is causing CTD--CTD occurs between turns of those two factions
    9. I press the end turn button, everything goes smoothly until Georgia's turn begins, at which point the game crashes to desktop.
    10. Log: http://www.sendspace.com/file/yba2mg

Hope that helps.

I downloaded the error log, it seems its from stainless steel.

But this Turks Turn CTD is alarming since we were plagued by it in the past.

Bah, sorry about that .

I restarted a campaign, and in the exact time period I receive a CTD. I'll run a Rajput campaign and see if I still experience a CTD. And in the meantime, I'll try and get the right log to y'all....

EDIT: I seemed to have found an in-game fix: the CTD seems to happen when you are seiging or have a city being attacked during the last turn of year 1192. I'll try running it again, but so far it seems to be working just fine.
    Last edited by Ma'ahes; January 17, 2008 at 01:46 AM.