Thread: Settlement Captured Fix MIDGAME

Semisalis

Default Settlement Captured Fix MIDGAME

Having tons of fun with this mod so far, but curious, if there a way to fix the infinite settlement captured message thing mid-campaign?

I see the quickfix, but it requires you to start over. I've come a long way a Khwarezm, so is there a way can I fix this without starting over?

Thanks, and great mod again.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Settlement Captured Fix MIDGAME

That error is related to a last minute change I made to the campaign script file (bad bad idea) and campaign_script.txt is not save game compatible at all.

So as far as I know there is no way. I'm very sorry, as this is completely my fault. 3 hours of proof reading that file and the only error is from a change I made literally 10 minutes before I began packing this mod for release.

Once Again:

EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK THE QUICK FIX THREAD AND APPLY THE "SETTLEMENT CAPTURED" FIX IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU HAVEN'T IT WILL RUIN YOUR CAMPAIGN.

Apologies.

Semisalis

That's alright, kind of saddening I have to say goodbye to the Shah, puts a tear in my eye. Oh well, nothing I can't do in another day. Thanks for the quick reply.

Indefinitely Banned

Yeah, I know how you feel.

On the bright side, I guess you got some practice, eh? Also you can play one of the other factions while "regenerating" your interest for the campaign you had to give up.

First of all, Broken Crescent looks pretty amazing and I'd like to thank the team. I can't figure out how to unzip the file though for fixing the settlement glitch. When I download it, it isn't zipped, it just asks how to open it, and I use notepad, like for most medieval files, but I don't know how to unzip it and replace the campaign script file. Thanks again.

Indefinitely Banned

Oh.. umm..

Perhaps download and install winrar? http://www.rarlab.com/

I hope thats what you meant..

So, I downloaded and installed winrar, but I don't see an "unzip" message. Is that what happened automatically when I click on the file? And then how do I replace the original file?

Sorry for my technological ignorance. I live in the shadow of such giants that could create such a game when I can barely even install it.
    The Dude Abides

I just noticed I'm a drummer AND a fifer. Are you two people at once? Didn't think so.

Indefinitely Banned

Just double click on the rar file. Click on the file inside it, click "extract to" and then enter the directory the fixes tell you to. Then it should ask you if you want to overwrite and just say yes.

I am told: cannot create campaign_script.txt; access denied; no files to extract.

If I can't get this to work, how long before you combine these into an easier to install bug fix? I might end up having to wait.
    The Dude Abides

I just noticed I'm a drummer AND a fifer. Are you two people at once? Didn't think so.

Indefinitely Banned

Redownload it again. I just downloaded it and extracted the file. It worked fine.

I'm thinking it's something on my computer, not the file, since I've had similar problems attempting to alter that file (I tried to alter the Americas discovered date, and it wouldn't let me). So I guess I'm going to have to wait for you to compile them into a patch and just hope I don't trigger it.

Great job on the mod though, it's epic. The music, terrain, units... its breathtaking. Honestly, it's unbelievable. Only natural a few bugs should squeak by.
    The Dude Abides

I have a question related to those infinite messages: it is not possible just to ignore them (like clicking the "end turn" button)?
    "Worüber man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen."
    -Wittgenstein

Exaras's Avatar Laetus

I've installed the fix and, before the start of my jerusalem campaign and I still have this bug. Why?

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

you have to start the campaign all over again