Thread: Rules for BC?

Default Rules for BC?

Are they needed, as BC team is responsive, not as CA, so if any rules are needed BC would fix the imbalance in next patch What I found out: No ghazi warriors, no ghazi axemen(those are underpriced medium-professional units)

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Rules for BC?

Yeah I stated that on your cost thread too. There will definitely need to be some online "house" rules.

House rules are fine why don't you come up with them Alpha? As long as they don't become to anal retentive

hahah BC multiplayer is seriously outbalanced atm played 1 game and i won but 1 generals body guard killed more than the rest of his army GB killed 200 man (was serrounded) rest of his army killed 600 man.

Also some gb are mush stronger then ather gb (generals bodyguard)

still it was fun and make sure every body put his settings on low far faster gameplay + can you make a flat map plz dalmation coast is pretty flat but can be mush better

we played whit the rules no art/ele 8 cav 3 ha 8 archer max (gb included in cav max) ha included in cav and archer max) 5 1 type max

arabian wasteland is flat....

i would suggest people just be sensible

balanced armies should be the rules...just to keep it simple
    True bread is for True Romans

well not really if you say those rules it wont get balanced at all and the problem whit arabian waste land is that there is sand so some faction are getting bonus (desert bonus ) so grassy flatland is a must

Cav max, HA max, no ele ROFL!!! If theres anything unbalanced in BC its not ele, HA or cav.
    dont forget the mod is the first version, and only BC team hast tested it, it will get better in the future
    I enjoy it till now, and the stronger BGs are the more expensive ones.

well that are just normal rules if you laugh at them you probebly never played mtw 2 serious

Indefinitely Banned

You can try one of the semi-arid grassland maps, like "Bekaa Valley" or "Mesopotamia" or "Amu Darya". I believe on of them is pretty flat.

Also the "Anatolia" Map is pretty flat, its mediteranean climate and grassy.

Ive used those rules in m2, yes(exept HA max, its pointless) but if you want to find a blanace, start with no rules.

Definitely considering making a MP balance mod for BC concidering all the years of playing RTR MP (hopefully BC turns out just as good... it looks like it will). Ideally... you never have any rule where you have no of a unit... although sometimes you should set a limit I guess. Ideally if a faction gets an overpowered unit (e.g. ghazis) then they should be lacking in other areas... whether their cavalry are more expensive... or they lack spears and archers or similar. This makes the game far more interesting...

For instance... ideally the rapchucks (or whatever) faction battle plan might look like this: Engage the enemies infantry with yours and hold (your infantry are light and for the most part ineffective)... meanwhile try and engage the enemies cavlry and stop their strategy (crucial) and rout their infantry with well placed elephants and or javelin throwers. Where for instance the KOJ's strategy might be similar however their flankers would be cavlry and they use their crossbows to take out the enemies javelins.

Remember... the more(viable) choices there are the more balanced it is. If everyone allways chooses all cavalry armies for example then clearly there aren't enough choices.

One particular reason I love BC is because all of the regulars on gamespy that try it out are actually forced to play factions who's strengths lay in tactics they ban in tourney games.

Yes, tourney games have many pointless rules, like HA max and no ele, no art is good IMO, and cva mx too, as theyre OP in vanilla.

The rules I have to now: No CB HA, max 1 gen, maybe no ERE bodyguard(880 dinarii and kickass as the royal cataphracts (2160))

i play max 8 cavalry, max 4 ha, if ghorids are played max 2 ghazi warriors
    True bread is for True Romans

No max HA pls, this is in the middle east, many factions are HA based.
    Max 8 Cav is IMO not needed, as you only need to bring some proper spearmen.
    Just my opinion about your rules.

The King Of Peasants's Avatar Senator

I agree about not having a max of cav or horsearchers's as spearmen can beat the vast majority of cav except very heavy cataphract like cav which you can't field much of with a price cap. And with horse archers most foot archers are better and at least have more ammo so as long as your good at micromanaging you can effortlessly beat them.
    "July 14, 2008: I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
    -Barney Frank

Those **** ghazni elite spearmen can beat any cav frontally, even if countercharging, and are worth their price vs inf.