Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction - Ottoman Empire

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

Default Faction - Ottoman Empire

Ottoman Empire

*Devlet-i Âliye-yi Osmâniyye*

* * * * * * * * * * * UNITS * * * * * * * * * * *

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Azaps (Azabs), litterally bachelors, were organized as a military unit during Murad I's reign in the mid-14th century. In the beginning, they were selected from single Turkish males of Asia Minor; but after the 16th century, males living near the borders were also enlisted as Azaps. In battles, the Azaps were positioned in front of the Janissary, and were the first to face the charge of the enemy. After slowing down the enemy advance and causing casualties among them they usually parted and allowed Janissarys to advance. And, after the enemy was shocked with both cannon and musket fire, the azaps and Janissary were ordered to close the gaps around the enemy, usually resulting in defeat of the enemy. From 14th up to the 16the century, the Azabs were in the form of light archers, who didn't nave a uniform nor wore armor. Their weapons were consisted of shields, yataghans, composite bows. (research - tzar, skins – phoenix[illusion], model – matko)

Janissary Gunners - tüfekçi yeniçeri-As an elite corps they have the best armour and equipment, and are the first in the Ottoman army to use the newly invented musket. Tüfekchi musketeers were armed with a variety of muskets, swords, axes and daggers. During the 15th century, arquebuses were more common but their musket varieties increased rapidly during the 16th century. Muskets incluided giant trench muskets, flintlock muskets, matchlock muskets, carabines for cavalry and many more musket types.They became very proficient in its use, although their tactics differed from the usual way in which firearms were utilized. Instead of firing in unison to present a ‘wall of lead’ to their enemies, the Janissaries relied on their individual marksmanship. . (research - tzar, skins – phoenix[illusion], model – matko)

Janissary Archers - okçu yeniçeri -Janissaries are expert archers equipped with powerful bows. They usually wear some armour underneath their robes. The armaments of Okchu archers were similar to those of the musketeers; the only difference was their composite bows, which they used instead of muskets. Years of dedicated training and experience made them deadly both with a bow and in a melee, and their discipline was legendary. Due to light armour, they can be used as a fast moving light infantry, but their hand-to-hand prowess makes them capable of standing up to a much better equipped opponent in melee. The number of archer ortas were rather small, and most of them were turned to musketeers in the 15th century. Bow types incluided short composite bows, "Chagra" crossbows and "Zemberek" heavy crossbows, which shot bolts as thick as a human thumb. (research - tzar, skins – phoenix[illusion], model – matko)

Deli(Delil) - Delils were the elite serhadkulus selected from the best of the akinjis. Even tough their real name, Delil, meant somethihg similar to Pathfinder or Scout, they were called as Deli ("Mad") by the ordinar people, because of their frightening looks and courage.Their opponents particularly disliked them, considering them and their ancestors to be traitors of the Christian faith, and they tended to get beheaded or impaled if captured. In turn, they would have no qualms about doing the same to those unfortunate Christians they would capture, if no prospect of bounty was likely. Delils were experts in sword using, javelin throwing and horseback riding; and it is said that each Delil had to face at least a hundred enemy soldiers in battles. Their most important duties were to distract the attentions of the enemy and cause them to lose time. With their frightening looks, they also caused the enemy morale to go down, and caused havoc in enemy lines.
    Even tough the delils didn't have a uniform, they were easily identified from their unorthodox and frightening clothes, such as bear pelts, animal skins, feathers and even whole wings attached to their shields and some of them even stapped small knives to their bodies. They usually carried a sabre, lance and a pair of pistols. (research - tzar, skins – il_duce, model – matko)

Last edited by Sarmatian; January 18, 2008 at 08:51 PM.

Default Re: Faction - Ottoman Empire

دولت عالیه عثمانیه - Devlet-i Âliye-yi Osmâniyye

Family Tree of OTTOMAN EMPIRE
    sultan
    hair

Sultan I. Osman Gazi Han((1258 - 1326)
    His Wife's = Mal Hatun & Bala Hatun

His Sons = Orhan Gazi Han(1281 - 1359)
    ...............Alaeddin,
    ...............Coban,
    ...............Hamid,
    ...............Pazarli,
    ...............Melik

His Daugther = Fatma

Sehzade Orhan Gazi Han - Son of Sultan Osman Gazi Han & Mal Hatun

His Wife's = Nilufer ( Holofira ) Hatun, Aspurca, Teodora, Eftandise

His Sons = Murad I,(1326 - 1389)
    ..............Suleyman,
    ............. Kasim,
    ............. Ibrahim

His Daugthers = Sultan, Fatma, Hatice

Murad I - Son of Orhan Gazi Han ( Second Sultan of Ottoman Empire ) & Nilufer ( Holofira ) Hatun

His Wife's = Gulcicek Hatun, Tamara, Melek Hatun

His Sons = Yildirim Beyazid I(1360 - 1403),
    ..............Savci,
    ..............Yakup,
    ..............Ibrahim

His Daugther = Nefise

Elder Son of Murad I - Yildirim Beyazid I = the 4. Sultan of Ottoman Empire

-This is just begining of Ottomans so that we can start Family Tree for TTW if you would like to see more info click HERE, click on sultan for more info
    Last edited by Tzar; November 27, 2007 at 07:31 PM.
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

Few pictures from me will be more

Keep up man

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5833/ottomanempirein1683rz4.png

OTTOMAN EMPIRE - ( 1299-1922 ) - Growth ( 1453–1683 ) - Expansion and apogee ( 1453–1566 ) - Revolts and revival ( 1566–1683 ) - Decline and reform ( 1699–1908 ) - Reform ( 1699–1827 ) - Modernization ( 1828–1908 ) - Dissolution ( 1908–1922 ) - World War I

Rise (1299–1453)

Rise of the Ottoman Empire

Further information: Timeline of Turkish history, Ottoman Archives
    With the demise of the Seljuk Sultanate of Rūm, Turkish Anatolia was divided into a patchwork of independent states, the so-called Ghazi emirates.

By 1300, a weakened Byzantium had seen most of its Anatolian provinces lost among some ten Ghazi principalities. One of the Ghazi emirates was led by Osman I (from which the name Ottoman is derived), son of Ertuğrul in the region of Eskişehir ( Dorylaeum ) in western Anatolia. According to tradition, as Ertuğrul migrated across Asia Minor leading approximately four hundred horsemen, he chanced upon a battle between two armies. Having decided to intervene, he chose the side of the losing army and turned the battle in their favour to secure victory. The troops he supported happened to be those of a Seljuk Sultan who rewarded him with territory in Eskişehir. Following Ertuğrul's death in 1281, Osman became chief, or Bey, and by 1299 declared himself a sovereign ruler from the Seljuk empire.

Osman I extended the frontiers of Ottoman settlement towards the edge of the Byzantine Empire. He moved the Ottoman capital to Bursa, and shaped the early political development of the nation. Given the nickname "Kara" (Turkish for black) for his courage, Osman I was admired as a strong and dynamic ruler long after his death, as evident in the centuries-old Turkish phrase, "May he be as good as Osman." His reputation has also been burnished by the medieval Turkish story known as "Osman's Dream", a foundation myth in which the young Osman was inspired to conquest by a prescient vision of empire.

This period saw the creation of a formal Ottoman government whose institutions would remain largely unchanged for almost four centuries. The government utilized the legal entity known as the millet, under which religious and ethnic minorities were able to manage their own affairs with substantial independence from central control.

In the century after the death of Osman I, Ottoman rule began to extend over the Eastern Mediterranean and the Balkans. After defeat in Battle of Plocnik, the Turkish victory at the Battle of Kosovo effectively marked the end of Serbian power in the region, and paved the way for Ottoman expansion into Europe. With the extension of Turkish dominion into the Balkans, the strategic conquest of Constantinople became a crucial objective. The empire controlled nearly all of the former Byzantine lands, the Greeks gained a temporary reprieve when Timur Lenk invaded Anatolia in 1402, taking Sultan Bayezid I prisoner.

Following the death of Timur Lenk in 1405, Mehmed I restored the Ottoman power, after the Interregnum. His grandson, Mehmed the Conqueror, reorganized the structure of both the state and military, and demonstrated his martial prowess by capturing Constantinople (see: Istanbul (Etymology)) on 29 May 1453, at the age of 21. The city became the new capital of the Ottoman Empire. Before the death of Mehmed II, Ottoman forces occupied Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily. But after his death, the campaign on Italian peninsula was cancelled.

MORE COMING SOON..
    Last edited by Sarmatian; November 30, 2007 at 01:06 PM.

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Military units

These are Seljuk Units but they can be used for the other Turkish Factions. Ghorids and Timurids had elephants in their armies. For more help you can look at XL and BKB mods(MTW-1).

The Seljuk's Period

Heavy Cavalry

-Candar: The Ruler's Companions, bodyguard unit
    -Ghulam: A private army. Defender of the Ruler and country.
    -Timarli Sipahi: Land-owning cavalry which trained from local tax-farming management ... [Turkish= tımarlı sipahi]

*Light Cavalry

-Scouts (Like Akinjis)
    -Turkomans: Turkish Horsearchers -Sipahis -Oghuz Cavalrymen (The most of Main Army were from light cavalries)

*Heavy Infantry that from dismounted Heavy Cavalry

-Ghulam footman ... [Turkish= yaya gulam]
    -Sipahi footman ... [Turkish= yaya sipahi]

*Other Infantries

-Archers ........ [Turkish= okçular]
    -Javelins ........ [Turkish= kargıcılar]
    -Macemen ...... [Turkish= topuzcular]
    -Axemen ........ [Turkish= baltacılar]
    -Swordsmen ... [Turkish= kılıçılar]
    -Slingers ........ [Turkish= sapancılar]
    -Naffatuns ..... [Turkish= neftçiler]
    -Torchers ...... [Turkish= meşaleciler]

*Heavy Weapons

-Catapult's Crew .................................................................................. [Turkish= mancınıkçılar]
    -Arradermen -which means the user of light catapults -arrade:light catapult .... [Turkish= arradeciler]
    -Kösmen or Kös Drummer (Kös: That is a Giant Drum) ................................... [Turkish= kösçüler]

( kös = a huge drum / for morale destroy enemy)

*Auxiliary Troops

*Volunteers

------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------

Ottoman
    Period

*Heavy Cavalrymen

-Timarli Sipahi: Land-owning cavalry which trained from local tax-farming management ............. [Turkish= Tımarlı sipahi]
    - Cebeli-s: Cebe means armour and Cebeli means armoured man. They were low-ranked sipahis .. [Turkish= Cebeli]

*Light Cavalrymen

-Akinjis (Lightly Armoured Efficient Cavalry, Akinji means Raiders) ............. [Turkish= akıncılar]
    -Musellems (Light Cavalry from first period) .......................................... [Turkish= müsellemler]
    -Crackers' -in Turkish Deliler- (For their fearless and brave efforts in the first line of battle, and with their frightening animal clothes, the crackers name had been given. They wore from bear, lion, wolf, hyena skin............................................................................................... [Turkish= deliler]
    -Farisan: Border Cavalry which in service in border forts and garnisons) .... [Turkish= farisan]
    -Land Levends: The Vizier's or State Governor's Cavalry ......................... [Turkish= kara leventleri]

*Heavy Infantry that from dismounted Heavy Cavalry

-Timarli Sipahi Footman....................................................... [Turkish= yaya sipahiler]

*Other Heavy Infantries

-Sekbans ......................... (arrow- bow- sword- mace- axe)
    -Janissaries ...................... (arrow- bow- sword)
    -Serdengecti :They were attackers and werent come again. Serdengecti means like who wants to die in battle with glory. They were bravest and courageous soldiers with their great swords.

*Light Infantry

-Footmen (first period infantries) ...................................................................... [Turkish= yayalar]
    -Azabs (Low ranked soldiers that they fights in the front line in battle) (kinds of them are archer azabs, castle guardians and armoured azabs)
    -Besliler -Fivemen (Castle Infantry) .................................................................... [Turkish= beşliler]
    - Derbenter-s - They guards the mountain passes. Border Fort Infantry .............. [Turkish=derbentçiler]
    -Grenadiers ............................................................................................ [Turkish= kumbaracılar]

*Heavy Weapons

-Catapults ................................................................... [Turkish= mancınıkçılar]
    -Artillery (or cannoneer) ................................................ [Turkish= topçular]

*Auxiliary Troops

-Hotheaded Militiamen. (They were untrained and ill disiplined armed villagers.) .... [Turkish= başıbozuklar]
    - Alperen-s (They were the Muslim Knights and most of them had an Islamic Order) . [Turkish= alperenler]
    - Alpghazi-s (Experienced Muslim Knights.) ....................................................... [Turkish= alpgaziler]

Militias

Aseses (Militias) ........................................................... [Turkish= asesler]

- Sisters (First Period Horsewomen Warriors) ..................... [Turkish= bacılar]
    - Yoruk-s (First Period Turkoman Cavalry Militia) ................ [Turkish= yörükler]
    - Sarica-s (Light Cavalry Militia) ..................................... [Turkish= sacalar]

------------------------------------------
    units which can not be added to the game:

sea levents (sea warriors)
    sea azabs (sea infantries)

LIST of TwT ( Total War Türkiye )

Thank you for help but we have tons of info about Ottomans. About Seljuk's we don't need nothing because they are not in timefreame of Mod but if you know otttoman history very good we would like to hear your comments on our unit roster.

All those pictures we have on our DEV-forum. Only reason is to prevent having too many pictures.

But thanks for help

You Want the FULL LIST FAMILY TREE and FULL LIST NAMES LIST ??

For the family tree we need dates of birth for all family members (we have sultans and their heirs). So we need DOB of wifes and other children and just for period when our mod starting 1345. If you can find it that would be cool.
    Last edited by Tzar; November 30, 2007 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tzar View Post
    For the family tree we need dates of birth for all family members (we have sultans and their heirs). So we need DOB of wifes and other children and just for period when our mod starting 1345. If you can find it that would be cool.

Okay, I Have the Books of Ottomans.

Why is Deleted my post and the Ottomans Banner ??
    Last edited by Boztorgai_Khan; December 01, 2007 at 11:30 AM.

We already had those pictures, so I deleted them not create confusion and to be kind to those who still use dial-up...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    We already had those pictures, so I deleted them not create confusion and to be kind to those who still use dial-up...

Ah Okay,

Then You Need Alone ( For the family tree we need dates of birth for all family members) ??

Like I said, if you can help as with those dates and I would like to hear your opinion about our unit roster.

Quote Originally Posted by tzar View Post
    Like I said, if you can help as with those dates and I would like to hear your opinion about our unit roster.

Okay,

Wifes of the Ottoman Sultans:

Osman I
    1- Mal Hatun: She is the daugther of Abdulaziz bey, the Grand Vizier of Anatolian Selcuk Empire and she is the mother of Orhan Ghazi
    2- Rabi'a Bala Hatun: She is the daughter of Sheyh Edebali and mother of Shehzade Alaaddin

Orhan
    1- Nilufer Hatun: She is the daughter of the Prince of Yarhisar and mother of Murad I and Shehzade Kasım. Her real name was Holofira
    2- Asporca Hatun: She is the daughter of the Emperor of Byzantine and mothers of Shehzade Ibrahim and Fatma Hatun
    3- Theodora Hatun: Byzantine Emperor's daughter and mother of Shehzade Halil
    4- Eftandise Hatun: Daughter of Warlord Mahmud Alp

Murad I
    1- Gulcicek Hatun: Mother of Bayezid I and Yahshi Bey
    2- Marya Thamara Hatun: Daughter of the King of Bulgaria
    3- Pasha Melek Hatun: Daughter of Kızıl Murad
    4- Fulane Hatun: Daughter of a nobleman from the Candaroglu State
    5- Fulane Hatun: Daughter of a Bulgarian nobleman

Bayezid I
    1- Germiyan Devlet Shah Hatun:Mothers of Isa, Mustafa and Musa
    2- Devlet Hatun: she was a Germiyan as well and she is the mother of Sultan Mehmed Celebi and she is the first Mother Sultana
    3- Hafsa Hatun: Daughter of Isa bey the ruler of the Aydınoglu State
    4- Sultan Hatun: Daughter of Suleyman Shah the ruler of the Dulkadiroglu State
    5- Marya Olivera Despina Hatun: Daughter of Lazar the King of Serbia

Mehmed I
    1- Sheh-zade Kumru Hatun: Granddaughter of a pasha from Amasya
    2- Emine Hatun: Daughter of Mehmed from Dulkadiroglu State and the mother of Murad II

Murad II
    1- Alime Hatun: from the Dulkadiroglu State
    2- Yeni Hatun: Daughter of Mahmud Bey from Amasya
    3- Huma Hatun: Daughter of a man named Abdullah and mother of Mehmed the conqueror. It is said that, she was nonmuslim but it is certain that she was converted to Islam after her marriage.
    4- Tacunnisa Hatice Halime Hatun: Daughter of Isfendiyar the ruler of the Candaroglu State
    5- Mara Hatun:She was childless and she was an orthodox. She was Mehmed the Conqueror's stepmother. She was the daughter of Corc Bronkovisch the prince of Serbia

Mehmed II
    1- Gulbahar Hatun: mothers of Bayezid II and Gevher Sultana
    2- Gulshah Hatun: Daughter of Ibrahim Bey a nobleman from the Karamanoglu State.
    3- Sitti Mukrime Hatun: Daughter of Suleyman Bey ruler of the Dulkadiroglu State.
    4- Cicek Hatun: Daughter of a Turkoman noble
    5- Helene Hatun: Daughter of Demetrus the Prince of Mora.
    6- Anna Hatun: Daughter of the Emperor of Trabzon, their marriage did not last for so long.
    7- Alexias Hatun: A Byzantine Princess .

Bayezid II
    1- Nigar Hatun: She was the mothers of Shehzade Korkut and Fatma Sultana. She was the daughter of Abdullah Vehbi
    2- Sirin Hatun: Daughter of Abdullah and mother of Shehzade Abdullah
    3- Gulruh Hatun: Daughter of Abdulhayy and mothers of Alemshah and Kamer Sultans
    4- Bulbul Hatun: Daughter of Abdullah and mothers of Shehzade Ahmed and Hundi Sultan
    5- Husnushah Hatun: Daughter of Nasuh Bey from Karamanoglu State
    6- Gulbahar Hatun: Daughter of Abdussamed and most probably she was the mother of Selim I.
    7- Ferahshad Hatun: Daughter of Mehmed the Governor of Kefe and mother of Mehmed
    8- Ayse Hatun: Daughter of Alaauddevle Bozkurd from the Dulkadiroglu State and some historians think that she was the mother of Selim I.

Selim I
    1- Ayse Hatun: Daughter of Mengli Giray I, Khan of Crimea and mothers of Beyhan and Shah Sultan
    2- Ayse Hafsa Hatun: Mothers of Suleyman I, Hatice, Fatma and Hafsa

Süleyman I
    1- Hurrem (Roxalena) Haseki Sultana: Daughter of an Ukraninan ordothox priest or she was a French or Italian concubine. She was the mothers of Mehmed and Selim II.
    2- Mahidevran Kadın: Daughter of Abdullah and mother of Shehzade Mahmud
    3- Gulfem Hatun: She was a concubine and she gave birth to Shehzade Murad
    4- Fulane Hatun: Daughter of Abdullah and mother of Shehzade Mahmud

OTTOMAN BOW (Video)
    (on German and Turkish Languages)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0jBs...elated&search=

Oh man lots of wifes

nnnm's Avatar Senator

Wooow...look to this guys -posted by Little Legionaire
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...01&postcount=1

Zivica's Avatar Miles

will they be green like in vanilla or there will be some color variations
    ''I say...**** chemistry.''
    I came, I saw, I left

There will be some color variations, of course... Not all ottoman units wore green...

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast