Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction - Tsardom of Serbia

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

Default Re: Faction - Tsardom of Serbia

Chainmail looks strange and blured and helmet doesn´t have metal effect.
    Just my thought!

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

nice work matko, as usual.

@pacco
    thats only a screen shot from milkshape. there cant be any shining effect there.

TTW GRANDMASTER

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

@il_duce_! - Ohh, sorry then! I use 3ds MAX and didn´t know that Milkshape doesn´t have shining effect!

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Praepositus

Are u going to make any serbian horsemen to wear a mix of western and eastern equipment

this can be cool!!
    For example next levels of armour can been more western european.

Quote Originally Posted by matko View Post
    Back on topic...
    some of our old units became obsolete. we are now more skilled than over an year ago, at the beginning of the mod.

OLD Serbian spearman
    http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6...earmen1sg6.jpg

Will be replaced with this NEW model.

model by matko, textures by phoenix.

I personally think that new model is much better.
    Very nice!

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    Are u going to make any serbian horsemen to wear a mix of western and eastern equipment

this can be cool!!
    For example next levels of armour can been more western european.

some heavy cavalry will look very "western", plate armour on arms and legs, bascinet helmets.
    upgraded units will be equipped with Italian style "avant" plate armour.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    Lord, its not symbol. Only some new born countries accepted it into the flag, perphaps to show unity of muslims or something like that.
    I got that. Thanks.

@Matko
    Great job as usual, keep up the good work.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    Its actually not that odd, because Catalans as a fighting force were present in Duchy of Athens. And Duchy itself was founded by Crusaders in 1204, but was conquered by Catalans in 1311. It was well known that Tsar Dushan used Catalans as mercenaries in his expansion battles. They were very willing to hire themselves to anyone who would pay.
    CHEERS
    I see... then, these Catalans should be part of Tsar Dushan`s army to help him in his conquest.
    +rep Noble Lord

Thanks mate.

@update on Altomanovica Family Coat of Arms.
    Still waiting and will post it as soon as I get it.

CHEERS
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

Which regions will present in The Serbian Empire at the beginning of the game in 1345???
    Will Zeta/Duklja region be included in Serbia or within Byzantine Empire or even as Venice region?

The region of Zeta/Duklja will be firmly under the rule of Serbian Tsardom as it was during that period of time (1345-onwards) in history.

CHEERS
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

Very large Empire during Tzar Dushan reign!!! One of the biggest and strongest in Europe at that time!!! Serbian Empire should have at least 8-10 regions/provinces to cover entire Dushan's Empire. What will be the capitol of Serbian Empire??? Prizren??? Also, will Arbanas' (Albanians) have some kind of autonomy and their troops within Serbian Empire as Croatia has within Kingdom of Hungary!? GREAT MAP!!!

Bosnae's Avatar Tiro

As far as i know, about the Albanians in the pre Ottoman Medieval Period is that they where splitet in many Tribes. So i don't see any reason why they should get some kind of autonomy, am i wrong?

Indefinitely Banned

Excellent map Noble Lord, it should serve as a basis for Tsardoms maps.
    Bosnia looks awesome on that map, even the centres of the Bosnian Church are pointed out.
    Thanx for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnae View Post
    As far as i know, about the Albanians in the pre Ottoman Medieval Period is that they where splitet in many Tribes. So i don't see any reason why they should get some kind of autonomy, am i wrong?
    I wouldn't say that Arbanas' were so splitted among their tribes and insignificant at that time. Arbanas', along with Hungarians, Bosnians, Bulgarians, Greeks..., fought with Serbs against Ottomans at the Field of Blackbirds in 1389. Arbanas and Serbian nobles were in very good relations, as military as politically.

In a book "Tito, and the Rise and Fall of Yugoslavia" by Roger West (New York, 1995) and in a chapter of that book "The History of the South Slavs" on page 9. where there is following quotation: ".....On St.Vitus`s Day, 28 June 1389, a Turkish army confronted a grand alliance of Serbs, Bosnians, Hungarians, Greeks, Bulgarians and Albanians at Kosovo Polje, the Field of Blackbirds, in what was at that time the largest battle ever fought in Europe...."

Also, about battle in Kosovo, we have detailed description in book of Miranda Vickers "Between Serb and Albanian - A History of Kosovo" (Columbia University Press 1998). In chapter of this book called "The Battle of Kosovo", Miranda Vickers says following: "But in spite of this, a large coalition army led by Serbian, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Bosnian and Albanian nobles gathered on the wide plain of Kosovo to confront the Ottoman army. Albanian princes were at that time close allies of the Serbs, the result of their shared desire to oppose the Ottomans.

Therefore, Arbanas' should not be ignored as unimportant figure at that time and they should have some kind of autonomy within Serbian Empire like Croatia has within Hungarian Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman81 View Post
    I wouldn't say that Arbanas' were so splitted among their tribes and insignificant at that time. Arbanas', along with Hungarians, Bosnians, Bulgarians, Greeks..., fought with Serbs against Ottomans at the Field of Blackbirds in 1389. Arbanas and Serbian nobles were in very good relations, as military as politically.

In a book "Tito, and the Rise and Fall of Yugoslavia" by Roger West (New York, 1995) and in a chapter of that book "The History of the South Slavs" on page 9. where there is following quotation: ".....On St.Vitus`s Day, 28 June 1389, a Turkish army confronted a grand alliance of Serbs, Bosnians, Hungarians, Greeks, Bulgarians and Albanians at Kosovo Polje, the Field of Blackbirds, in what was at that time the largest battle ever fought in Europe...."

Also, about battle in Kosovo, we have detailed description in book of Miranda Vickers "Between Serb and Albanian - A History of Kosovo" (Columbia University Press 1998). In chapter of this book called "The Battle of Kosovo", Miranda Vickers says following: "But in spite of this, a large coalition army led by Serbian, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Bosnian and Albanian nobles gathered on the wide plain of Kosovo to confront the Ottoman army. Albanian princes were at that time close allies of the Serbs, the result of their shared desire to oppose the Ottomans.

Therefore, Arbanas' should not be ignored as unimportant figure at that time and they should have some kind of autonomy within Serbian Empire like Croatia has within Hungarian Kingdom.

I think that they should be represented by rebel factions, if you say that they weren't united under one flag, the thing is that they will be considered enemyes for every other faction. Also a part of their land could be in posesion of Venice or other faction near that region. But, Who knows, maybe we can see it as a small vulnerable faction in the future versions of Tsardom Total War, if there were indeed historical established.
    At least there should be some mercenary units of Arbans.
    The guys should see this and take the right decision. We cannot ask them too much, they allready have a lot of work.

saneel's Avatar Senator

I would really like, that in future versions of Tsardoms, there would be no rebel provinces, only rebels spawning because of the problems in certain area. That we should make all factions, that excisted in the Balkans. If i am not wrong, i think that you can make 30 factions. I think that enough to cover the whole Balkans

Indefinitely Banned

Both Croatian and Albanian lands were under two different empires at that time, politically they were not independent like Bosnia, nor did they have political autonomy. They can be used as rebel factions later in the game.

I am not speaking about independence of Arbanas' and Croatians (they cannot be a faction 'cause they were not independent in that time). I am pointing out that Arbanas' should have 2-3 regions and some kind of autonomy within Serbian Empire. I know that we are asking too much from moderators but mod should be made historically correct as much as possible. If Croatia has some kind of autonomy within Crown of St. Stephen, so Arbanas' (whos princes were close allies of the Serbs) should have their units (not only mercenaries), their flag, CoA, leaders/princes, regions, but all this under/within Serbian Empire.

Also, there should be more factions to make game more interesting. If there are too many rebel factions then it's not very interesting and not so hard to conquer them and to expand your empire. But, it's hard work!!! I really appreciate what the guys are making for all of us. Many thanks for every moderator doing on this mod! Keep it up!!!

Grof's Avatar Campidoctor

I think that they are all out of faction spots at the moment. And it wont be so easy to take over some rebel town, Matko said that Ragusa is going to have a really strong army.

Христе Боже распети и свети, Српска земља кроз облаке лети. Лети преко небеских висина, Крила су јој Морава и Дрина.
    На три свето и на три саставно,Одлазимо на Косово равно.
    Кад је драга да одлазим чула,За ревер ми невен заденула.
    Збогом први нерођени сине, Збогом ружо, збогом рузмарине. Збогом лето, јесени и зимо. Одлазимо да их победимо.
    March 24, 1999 - June 11, 1999