Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction - Tsardom of Serbia

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

Default Re: Faction - Tsardom of Serbia

added horns to Serbian captain.
    I saw Lazar Hrebljanovic had them on the helmet, so i decided to add them to gain more unique and cool look. Bosnian captain will have plume instead of horns.

PS
    thanks il_duce for the horns model.
    Last edited by Matthæus; November 17, 2008 at 09:56 AM.

Icon12 Re: Faction - Tsardom of Serbia

very nice units,and eagle is perfect.( red or white you cant mistake )

Obilic's Avatar Libertus

Matko I love that helmet...a truly unique look...

some progress. that is it, except light effects on mail texture, captain is complete. maybe i will add a different, more detailed belt too. screens from game will follow soon. version with plate armour will be used for some other faction.
    Last edited by Matthæus; November 17, 2008 at 01:28 PM.

I got a question , where they really wearing these kind of helmets whit horns ? and an offtopic one : I was wondering if the Teutonic Knights actually wear great helms with winged horns ? if somebody could answer good but dont expand the offtopic

yup .
    Knez Lazar certanly did. there are several sources that show that he wore horned houndskull or kappvisier bascinet.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

hmm pretty interesting , why did the Orthodox Church permited this ? ... nice units you are making , continue the good work ... will this add of details on the costum's will affect the mod's rolling in gameplay ? ( i meen would it go just like on EB or StainLess Steal )

Grof's Avatar Campidoctor

wow great stuff matko.
    I like.

Христе Боже распети и свети, Српска земља кроз облаке лети. Лети преко небеских висина, Крила су јој Морава и Дрина.
    На три свето и на три саставно,Одлазимо на Косово равно.
    Кад је драга да одлазим чула,За ревер ми невен заденула.
    Збогом први нерођени сине, Збогом ружо, збогом рузмарине. Збогом лето, јесени и зимо. Одлазимо да их победимо.
    March 24, 1999 - June 11, 1999

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian warrior View Post
    hmm pretty interesting , why did the Orthodox Church permited this ?
    Well, remember that the Orthodox church was more or less under the power of the ruler, not the other way around. So if the patriarch was making too many problems - "Bye bye, patri!"*

*Which doesn't necessarily mean "death", it could be simple exile or "demotion".

Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian warrior View Post
    hmm pretty interesting , why did the Orthodox Church permited this ? ... nice units you are making , continue the good work ... will this add of details on the costum's will affect the mod's rolling in gameplay ? ( i meen would it go just like on EB or StainLess Steal )
    Serbian orthodox church canonized Lazar and made him a saint after his death.
    Why would church be against horns anyway ?

BTW
    i saw numerous horned helmets all around the Europe. if coat of arms of some knight had bull or some other horned animals on it, it was often that he decorated his helmet with horns.

now about second part of the sentence, I don't understand you fully. If you are concerned about mod performance I assure it will go smoothly on most computers.

Quote Originally Posted by matko View Post
    Serbian orthodox church canonized Lazar and made him a saint after his death.
    Why would church be against horns anyway ?
    well in some way i see it , horns symbolize Satan , or maybe in those times people didan't consider that Satan has horns ...

now about second part of the sentence, I don't understand you fully. If you are concerned about mod performance I assure it will go smoothly on most computers.
    if you ever played EB , when you end a turn you must wait about 10-15 minutes for your turn again so i asked you if this will happen in Tsardoms

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

That's not because graphics, that's because heavy scripting in the background...

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Matko, great work as usual. And don't worry about the horns on the helmet. I've seen numerous pics of the Serbian medieval knights with horns on helmets.
    When it comes to the Altomanovica family Coat of Arms, still waiting on that and it will be posted as soon as I get it. I don't know why there is so much waiting for it, but it will come as promised.
    Everything else is good, there are some new Coats of Arms for other families that it will be released soon.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Altomanovic coat of arms remains a mystery . I am intrigued.

Just one idea. If population happiness is above 100% it would be nice to be possible to recruit Dinaric highland clans. Those highland clans of mostly Montenegro, Herzegovina and Albania very often participated in wars in Balkans if they liked the current ruler / authorities. If opposite they often rebelled…so lot of tough light infantry brigands in area if unhappiness rise…

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Altomanovic coat of arms remains a mystery . I am intrigued.
    Yes it is, for some reason :hmmm:. You would not believe how many sources and institutions I contacted and that particular family is so hard to come by. Its either they are deliberately ignored by the historians or there is no interest in them which I find strange. But doesn't matter, it will come soon and it will be posted immediately. We waited too long for it anyway to give up now .
    Hows everything else with mod, any other assistance required with the mod??
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

Well, he was the arch rival of prince Lazar, who was later canonized as a saint and was generally very respected. It's no wonder that back then nobody took the trouble to preserve too much about Altomanovic family. In folk lore, Altomanovic is rarely mentioned, and when he is, he's portrayed as an evil man who opposed prince Lazar.

I'll check to see if I can find something...

I actually believe that his coat of arms is forgotten or not preserved.

Since my home town is Uzice, Nikola Altomanovic’s capital I think he’s coat of arms are included in official modern city’s symbols. I am not expert but I think it must be flag on the right side of the city coat of arms – blue one with 3 falcons and yellow ribbon

http://sr.wikipedia.org/sr-el/Слика:Uzice.jpg

In that page there is link towards Serbian heraldic society http://www.beliorao.com/en who made city’s coat of arms - “Coat of Arms have been rendered by the Serbian Heraldic Society the White Eagle. The copyrights lies with us, the images can be used fairly for informational purposes provided the White Eagle receives the credits/links back.” They require registration, so it must be they have explanation.I am at your service for any more help.

Also, they probably had some useful info about other medieval heraldry in the region of southeastern Europe