Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Post screenshots and Empires from Broken Crescent vol.1

Default Re: Post screenshots and Empires from Broken Crescent vol.1

Fair play to your Bernem, the ghorids starting stack is capable of bringing the pain.

Cheers

Ahahaha... I love Ghazni.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the Virus View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Khwarezm Shah

Battle for Samarkand

Wow cyrus... did you actually turn Urgench into a city?! I can see the benefits of having the Merv/Urgench/Samarkand cash cow triumvirate, but I get the feeling you will pay for that once the Mongols pay you a visit. Urgench starts out as one of the premier fortresses in the world, and I turned the settlement to its East into a fortress as well (set low taxes and just build farms to grow it ASAP) so 1 would have 2 fortresses + Samarkand as my front line. Beating multiple Mongol stacks at a city is not always possible and even if it is, its horridly time consuming. Fortresses are much better to smash stacks on. Of course I had to delete that save game courtesy of not reading the quick fix thread.

Plus, to Mirage..... Will Mongols still receive reinforcements every time they take a major Kwarhzem settlement?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    Ahahaha... I love Ghazni.

So do I by far my favorite faction.

I know how to disable banners... but how to disable the green unit selection thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Qarama View Post
    Nice, first time i've seen that. Surely though you end up at war with the faction unless you use an assassin?
    Para Todos Todo, Para Nosotros Nada. - Subcommandante Marcos
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Prince Damianos you are a WISE MAN!!! getting aid from a human player will surely rid you of the Emperor.........Alexius?

Alexius!!! THE Alexius Comnenus!!! hell no!!!! he is not a "simpering fool!!!"

...so did you kill alexius

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Qarama, that's quite the Empire! Too much blue! I assumed you'd have started a Rumi campaign first.
    Cyrus, that's an exuberant amount of cash from Ugrench, but hopefully you can use the money to tech up another castle, after all, Ugrench is one of the most advanced castles in the game along with Tbilisi and a few others.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

Nice Empire! I started playing as the ERE to see what everyone's been talking about...it's fun and hard, dunno what people are saying, if anyone of my neighbors attacks me I can survive but I'd drop 3-4 settlements.

drat as i was typing this i was uploading piccys, but photobucket hates me again...ill update after class

romy's Avatar Semisalis

"*God* , I need you now :S"
    Last edited by romy; January 18, 2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: wrong link

Semisalis

Well, been playing quite a bit of BC in the past couple days, damn it gets addicting. Just one more turn before bedtime...*alarm to wake up goes off*

This is my huge Kwarezmian Empire. It started to get colonial as I expanded and took Yemen, then crossed the Persian Gulf to take Oman. Makuria then decided to attack poorly defended Yemen, but were pushed back by a couple units of horse archers. Then I decided to invade Makuria for revenge. With half a stack of horse archers I managed to slaughter five stacks of Makurian troops and capture all their key cities. Unfortunately their all light infantry armies don't stand up well to a steppe army.

Now Sindh and the Solenki Rajputs, who are in an alliance together, both decided to invade my eastern border at the same time. Trying to fight them off, and it's going well. The Rajputs are attacking through Afghanistan, but the mountains there greatly favor the defender so I've been pushing every advance back. My defense is based in the Citadel at Ghazni, which pretty much grants control over all Afghanistan. Sindh is attacking through the desert to the south which is harder to cope with since they have more men, but it only takes one group of horse archers to clean up multiple stacks of their infantry. Hopefully I'll beat them back and invade them soon enough!

It's actually interesting playing with Normal campaign map difficulty. Because not everyone on the map is busy backstabbing you, you can actually cooperate with neighboring factions. The Abbasids and I have been friendly for a while. We currently have Perfect relations, and they helped me capture Oman by sending a whole stack. It's funny to see that on both sides of the border between us, the border cities are all almost empty.
    Last edited by Artannis Wolfrunner; January 18, 2008 at 03:03 PM.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I'm starting this campaign over. It was before the historical event fix and Cairo fix, so no mongols...

My second king's name was, no joke, Takavor Levon Lord of Terror. He was killed by an assassin during the 8 or so years I was at war with the Abassids over Edessa/Ourha.
    (this campaign, my first, was on Medium/Medium.)

The Armenian Army marching on my Citadel,i decided to hold them off on the first Wall.

They are Coming,but my Warriors are the of the Fiercest of the whole mod.
    After this, i have charged em through the other gate in the Back (they all summed up at the ladders) with those 3 Spahi units.
    Which led to this:

in the campaign i took all of modern day Turkey but Adana.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by gadajs View Post
    Wow cyrus... did you actually turn Urgench into a city?! I can see the benefits of having the Merv/Urgench/Samarkand cash cow triumvirate, but I get the feeling you will pay for that once the Mongols pay you a visit. Urgench starts out as one of the premier fortresses in the world, and I turned the settlement to its East into a fortress as well (set low taxes and just build farms to grow it ASAP) so 1 would have 2 fortresses + Samarkand as my front line. Beating multiple Mongol stacks at a city is not always possible and even if it is, its horridly time consuming. Fortresses are much better to smash stacks on. Of course I had to delete that save game courtesy of not reading the quick fix thread.

Plus, to Mirage..... Will Mongols still receive reinforcements every time they take a major Kwarhzem settlement?

Damn never thought of the Mongols..My doom is coming closer
    Can't go back now, can't convert them......

@Artannis Wolfrunner: There's an empire to be proud of.
    I play it real slow myself, sure I'll pay for it later.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

john, thats a fine armenian empire :-)

ill post my greek empire here soon, once ive killed all those blasted armenians, hehehehe :-P

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphon88 View Post
    Nice, first time i've seen that. Surely though you end up at war with the faction unless you use an assassin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Roy Mustang View Post
    Prince Damianos you are a WISE MAN!!! getting aid from a human player will surely rid you of the Emperor.........Alexius?

Alexius!!! THE Alexius Comnenus!!! hell no!!!! he is not a "simpering fool!!!"

...so did you kill alexius
    Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post
    Qarama, that's quite the Empire! Too much blue! I assumed you'd have started a Rumi campaign first.
    Cyrus, that's an exuberant amount of cash from Ugrench, but hopefully you can use the money to tech up another castle, after all, Ugrench is one of the most advanced castles in the game along with Tbilisi and a few others.
    d'oh! i forgot that i have assassins so i attacked the ERE...
    result: mission failed
    Last edited by Qarama; January 18, 2008 at 04:10 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

@Artannis
    Now that is absolutely fascinating. Its like the Sassanid Empire all over again.

@JIT
    Wicked Armenian empire! Sorry about your leader being unjustly slain by the treachorous caliphate. Burn Baghdad!!! BTW what's your capital?
    Last edited by Miraj; January 18, 2008 at 04:24 PM.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    @Artannis
    Now that is absolutely fascinating. Its like the Sassanid Empire all over again. :cool

@JIT
    Wicked Armenian empire! Sorry about your leader being unjustly slain by the treachorous caliphate. Burn Baghdad!!! BTW what's your capital?
    It's still in Sis. I'm considering moving it to a more central location, but for now Sis is fine (it is kinda central...but it's very west.)

I've considered Van, but that's too east...Tigranakert is another choice but it's not that well developed I think. Ani and Dvin, despite being previous capitals of Armenia, are too far north considering I hold damascus (what is armenian of Damascus anywho?)

I think that leaves me with Ourha/Edessa and Malatya as the most viable choices.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

arf I tried to change the unit sizes of infantry but the limit is 150 men =(

btw it worked on kingdoms , I played with regiments of 250 units:/