Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Post screenshots and Empires from Broken Crescent vol.1

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Post screenshots and Empires from Broken Crescent vol.1

Holy crap. That's going to be an EPIC war Tiroth.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Tiroth, good luck with that.

I've yet to fight the battle, I just saved it there. I just had a looong battle at Ryazan the turn before and didn't feel like fighting another. Which by the way, reunited the steppes for me, I have one army attacking the Georgians at Sokhumi, one going for Derbent, the other doddling around, not sure I want to attack ERE with their 5 full stacks. And of course, the fourth sieging Tbilisi.

This time I'll have the advantage of being outside though, those Georgians are gonna be pin cushions when I'm done with them.

From my KoJ campaign

Indefinitely Banned

Holy crap. Did Mr. Baldwin survive?

Yes sir, thats him on the horse there.
    Last edited by GrimmReaper; January 19, 2008 at 03:30 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

One courageous mother****er thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy View Post

Man it feels weird having so much money and not being able to spend it.

As you can see I've been advancing into Seljuks lands and Georgia is really going crazy. The Khwarezm Shahdom declared war on the Seljuks first, I took that as my sign to start gobbling up their lands and launched my invasion. I only faced strong resistance in Kirkuk, obviously those Turks trusted me a little too much! No field battles fought agianst the Seljuk's yet, but that will probably change. Georgia declared war on them on the same turn as I did, we're still neutral although they like me but I'll definitely have to face them sooner or later as right now they are the most powerful nation. They captured the Seljuk fortress on the Caspian coast and are about to seige Rayy. Oman (my allies) wanted to get in on the action as well and are about to advance west from their Iranian holdings.

So yeah, the Seljuk's are screwed. The Abbasid Caliphate is on the rise!

KoJ is doing surprisingly well although they are at war with the Turks and the Ayyubids and its odd not to see the Ghorids completely swallowing the east up. The C. Rajputs are still alive for one thing!
    Nice i have just started an abbasid campaign but i have allied the seljuks and is planning to attack the omans and i have a hell of a lot of money to spend as well.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Bernem's Avatar Senator

that siege went bad... my whole army has been destroyed and now the khwarezmians are going to take herat...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

now the funny times are over and I'll have to kiss Khwarezm's ass to prevent them from attaking me

They shall wait until the mongols come, but I'm not someone who backstabs, am I?

I'll post my screens when photobucket stops being so slow...

A short summary:

After I tore apart the Roman army in a battle near Seleukeia, I thought that my victory was assured and that I could sweep into Attalia and drive all the way to Constantinople.

I was wrong. A huge, experienced, and high quality Roman force attacked Famagusta, after my troops under captain Abas had defected (Damn you, Abas!), and before my new reinforcements arrived in the form of Zaven Roupenian, my faction heir (Levon had died, Reuben had died, and Hetum was king).

In a heroic defensive battle, my levies were able to hold their ground. My troops were about to break when a shot from an Italian crossbow nailed their general and they were defeated. Their Hosarii seemed a bit weak for heavy cavalry...

Hetum was besieging Aleppo, and it was up to General Oshin Abalian to save the day against the Romans. They had sent three full stacks, and after three bonecrushing, long, bloodbathy battles, the Romans have retreated en masse. I am too poor to assemble any more troops for the time being, and right now I am concentrating on conquering Aleppo to help fill my coffers.

The rest of the world is pretty balanced. The KOJ has annihilated the Ayyubid threat. The latter have no armies remaining, and the former have Balian entering the undefended Egypt. The only stack the Ayyubids have is in Arabia defending the "holy" cities of Mecca and Medina from those damn rich Makurians. The Ghorids, surprisingly, have been receding against a Sindhi/Rajput coalition, and the Chauhan Rajputs hold on to Delhi with vigor.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

PRAISE GOD!

The ERE has come to my aid! In one of the largest AI military attacks I have ever seen the ERE sends 7 armies right into the unprotected western borders of the Turkish empire! Ill get some screens up later.

Right now I have been fighting off army after army of the KoJ as they besiege my cities, and my forces are getting low. But now with the Turks getting raped by the ERE and since I am sending a full stack of men from my Island colony's I do believe the tide of war has turned!

To be continued.......

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    One courageous mother****er thats for sure.
    Damn leper..

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Trdat, what year are you in?

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

Many Rajputs died this day!
    And yes, they're almost all Indians, except perhaps a couple of elephants which were mine .

Poor blighters.
    The conquest of India goes well
    92% of people rip off this statistic signature. If you are one of the 8% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

damn you got lucky! never seen a AI come to my aid before

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

So. Ghazni are pretty DAMN AWESOME.

Favourite faction. Easily. Their unit choice and tactics really appeal to me.

This was the Battle of Quetta. The Afghan warlord's lightly armoured forces were ripped to shreds by volleys from the Ghaznavid Cavalry and Ghulam Infantry. The few units that did reach the Ghaznavid infantry were easily repelled with minimal losses to the Regulars and Daylami foot.

You all ready for a comeback?

So you all know what a precarious position I was in. All of my inland settlements were besieged and I was in the negative treasury. Both the KoJ and the Turks were breathing down my neck. So I gathered almost every spare unit I had from my island provinces and sent them right into the heart of the Turkish land. My target was the Turkish capital. By capturing it I would get a huge money boost and break the back of the Turkish military effort. Along with the ERE fighting its way through stack after stack of Turks I lay siege to the Turkish capital and waited for them to sally out. They did the next turn:

This battle would decide the fate of my campaign. Losing was unacceptable.

Result:

I was so happy, there was hope! Then another Turkish army attacks me before I can occupy there city. My severly depleated army (238 men) vs a 700+ man stack of Turks. It was one of the hardest battles I ever fought, but in the end i pulled out a victory:

The Turk capital was mine!

Next was the KoJ turn. They assaulted Sis:

The next 2 turns were a constant stream of siege battles between me and the KoJ. I wasn't attacked by the turks, they had their hands full with the ERE.

And then:

I WAS SAVED!

I don't think the Turks will be able to declare was on me for a while, they are a little bit occupied right now :

Here is my empire:

Now lets just hope the peace will last long enough for me to get back on my feet and then surprise attack the KoJ.

Last edited by Jimexander the Mighty; January 19, 2008 at 07:02 PM.

awesome,+rep
    I like the fact that the AI is really DOING something, nut jsut sitting around and conquering very little numbers of settlements.
    Big empires rise,but it gets sucky if you have to fight one HUGE empire
    (lets say the Ghorids take over the whole east and you are Byz and gotta fight them all the way back to the edge of the map

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

yeah..and the new AOR feature is gonna make it twice as hard.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

my current KOJ campaign, should be finish soon.

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0001rh5.jpg

dunno how to show the pic
    Last edited by craziii; January 19, 2008 at 07:44 PM.