Thread: We Will Fight The Heathens!- A Talamasca AAR

Default We Will Fight The Heathens!- A Talamasca AAR

We Will Fight The Heathens!!!

Greetings to all! I, Drtad, have decided resurface in the AAR world from the depths of RL!

This AAR will begin very soon, a few days at most. I am extremely excited about this one because I have never done an AAR for a fantasy mod before, and I believe I will have a lot of fun making this.

Examples of my AAR's so you guys know what to expect from me (these are all of my past AAR's that got past the planning stages I believe):

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98073
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85860
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106039
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115653
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109174
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119639

EDIT: The "We Will Fight The Heathens!" official theme song!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eIW8xj7Q0GU
    Last edited by Drtad; January 14, 2008 at 08:15 PM.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: We Will Fight The Heathens!- A Talamasca AAR

Sweet.

Yus!

General_Zavier's Avatar Civis

Aw, you beat me to it. Oh well, I was going to do a Severin one anyway...
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people.
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR
    WRE Migration Campaign AAR
    The Official RTW Screenshot Competition.

We Will Fight The Heathens Introductory Chapter: Consolidation

I am Arnolf, Crown Prince of the Talamasca. I reside in Edfu, the largest city of my people. The only reason I reside here, is because Edfu lies on an isolated island in the middle of our territory, and I am safe from heathen attack… I shall narrate to you the tales of the Talamasca, which I personally call We Will Fight The Heathens, or WTH for short. Well, technically it is everyone else but me, Arnolf, fighting heathens, but if you can overlook that fact, then the title is fine.

My people started out small and surrounded by heathens. Heathens everywhere. So, I did what every great prince does, and sat in Edfu building barracks and stables and ships to send out to the front lines… Well, somebody has to consolidate our territories you know!

In any case, I ordered the building of three armies: the Northern Army, the South Eastern Army, and the Just Plain Southern Army. The latter two were amassed quicker than the former, and quickly moved against the southern heathens. The Druids had the audacity to attack our southern possessions, but they were beaten back. The troops moved against the Soul Eaters and successfully took two settlements. The battles were swift and bloody.

We vanquished enemy knights:

The Lord blessed our troops fighting against the Druids, as you can see their glow from this picture:

As these campaigns were occurring, I set up an attack force under Prince Pepin to move against the heathens to the north who call themselves “Woodsmen.” In any case, here is the state of our people now:

In the next chapter, the holy sage Drtad, with his incredible skills, shall convey to you the details of a major battle… You should expect to see a lot of this:

Until next time, which will be sooner than you think…

Sorry the first chapter didn't come out today. It would have, but let's just say that Broken Crescent's release distracted me.
    Last edited by Drtad; January 14, 2008 at 12:28 AM.

Chapter 1: Prince Guion’s Shame
    Edfu…

Arnolf: Dammit! This Broken Crescent Torrent download says that it will take two weeks before I can actually run the installer! I knew I should have upgraded to Comcast… I want to play with the Ghaznavids now!!!

Attendant: Crown Prince Arnolf, we have new reports from the front lines.

Arnolf: I told you not to interrupt me when I was downloading Broken Crescent! I need alone time to do this!

Attendant: I am sorry, Arnolf…

Arnolf: I’m sorry, I am just a little aggravated. Now let me see these report… Yes, it seems as though Prince Guion has taken Sinai from with very few casualties.

Attendant: Guion is also asking for time to sit in the city and rest his army before continuing on to Akhmim.

Arnolf: Tell him to proceed with the invasion as planned. Talamasca troops, no matter how tired, will never break in the face of the enemy! We must finish off our southern enemies now!

Attendant: I shall relay the information to him immediately.

Outside Akhmim…

Bodyguard Jacques: Milord, are you sure you want to proceed with the invasion without 100% capacity?

Guion: No, but it is not like I have a choice in the matter. Anyway, we shouldn’t worry since we outnumber the enemy anyway.

Scout: Lord Guion! Enemy troops approaching!

Guion: Prepare for battle!

The Battle of Akhmim

Guion: Men, this is our first encounter with the Soul Eaters. Are we going to win or not!? What will you men do today!?

Soldiers: We will fight the heathens!

Guion: What? I can’t hear you!

Soldiers: WE WILL FIGHT THE HEATHENS!!!!!

Guion: Yeah! Oh my God! Horse archers at 12 o’clock!

Guion: Knights! Move out! This shouldn’t take long…

Guion: Ahh! There are too many of them! Retreat to the pikemen!

Guion: Okay men, now we must face their elite infantry and heavy cavalry now that their horse archers have routed.

Jacques: Milord, the enemy infantry have caused our men to panic, they are fleeing!

Guion: What!?

Guion: Damn pikemen… Cavalry, chaaaarge! We still have enough force to beat them!

Guion: Come on men! We have the strength to beat them!

Cavalry: Ahhh! These guys are scary!

Guion: No! Don’t rout! What happened to fighting the heathens! Wait up at least you cowardly disgraces!

Edfu…

Arnolf: Yes! I finally downloaded Broken Crescent! Wow those Armenian units look beautiful… Die you damn Ghaznavids die!

Attendant: Milord, I am sorry to interrupt your video game alone time, but I had to deliver this news from the front lines to you.

Arnolf: This better be important… What the Hell!? Guion lost!? Well, just train him another army I guess… Oh no! I forgot to pause the game and I just lost my newly trained army to a bunch of Omani skirmishers! Nooooo!!!!

Attendant: …

Until next time…

EDIT: Official theme song added to first post.
    Last edited by Drtad; January 14, 2008 at 08:15 PM.

lmfao

Hehe nice update.

Thanks everyone!

Next update should come late next week. I have got lots of work to do this weekend... I hate finals.

Unfortunatly I am going to put this AAR on hold as I am on a BC induced hiatus.

I will come back to it, don't worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    Unfortunatly I am going to put this AAR on hold as I am on a BC induced hiatus.

I will come back to it, don't worry about that.
    M2TW hmmppffff........

though if you are determined to be a traitor to RTW, Broken Crescent looks like a good way to do it

hope to see you back here soon though the early sections have been very entertaining

Nice AAR, hopefully you'll continue it.

... And by the way, serj rocks, soad rocks.
    Last edited by Anyprkl; April 21, 2008 at 08:53 AM.