Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reskining the Byzantines

I like the Byzantines a lot. But I don't like this pinkish uniforms so I decide to create some others skins for them.
    Tell me your opinion and the changes you think.
    The new banners for the Byzantine are with the units.
    The base of this skins is from SS mod and Ornamentum mod and some additions are from RTW. I don't created any shields, except the shields which used from Latinkon and vardariotai (2nd level).
    The banners in the pictures 2,3,7,10 are from SS mod. The banners in the others pictures are historical Byzantine banners and flags. In the release pack all the units use this banners.

archontopoule 2nd level.jpg,
    byzantine infantry.jpg,
    Byzantine Lancers 1st level.jpg,
    Dismound lancers 1st level.jpg,
    dismound lancers 2nd level.jpg,
    Dismound lancers 3nd level.jpg,
    guard archers 1st level.jpg,
    guard archers 2nd level.jpg
    archontopoule 1st level.jpg,
    cataphracts 1st level.jpg,
    pronoia infantry 1st level.jpg,
    pronoia infantry 2nd level.jpg,
    varangian guard 1st level.jpg,
    varangian guard 2nd level.jpg,
    byzantine lancers 2nd level.jpg,
    byzantine lancers 3rd level.jpg
    byzantine lancers 4th level.jpg
    byzantine infantry 2nd level.jpg
    Byzantine Bodyguard 1st and 2nd level.jpg

other photos exist in the posts below

Here are the links:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/83553165..._textures1.zip
    http://rapidshare.com/files/83554773..._textures2.zip
    http://rapidshare.com/files/85113649/Latinkon.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/88846947/Horse_archers.zip
    Alamanoi:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...4&d=1203146091
    Generals of Byzantium:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...5&d=1203146327
    Byzantine spearmen
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...4&d=1204448594

Please tell me if anything is wrong.

The credit and the bravo goes: to Danova who create Ornamentum mod and I took some parts of his textures(not all the texture), the man who create the ''mtw2_es_greek_byzantium.texture'' which is the base of the most units. I don't know who he is. I found the texture in SS mod. I give the credit to this mod.
    All the pack is free for use or anything
    Have fun.
    I found that the latinkon shields are very shinning. For this i have i small fix listed bellow:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...2&d=1202048871

Some more...
    The levels are the armor level.

More units shall follow up.
    Search bellow for more photo of the units.
    Last edited by Ificratis; March 02, 2008 at 03:09 AM.

Default Re: Reskining the Byzantines

Wow! This is great! I have one problem now though however. With three Byzantine reskin mods I'm going to have a hard time choosing. DG's, Byzantium Armor Progression, and these is a lot to choose from. I think I'm going to go with these because I love the new banners you made.

I don't recall giving permission to use my shield textures. In the future please ask ANY artist you are using work from for permission. It avoids situations where people believe others are taking credit for work not of their own. I know you had no intention of claiming the shields as your own, its just a friendly reminder. Not a bad start with regards to the work, keep working at it.

when will you Release?

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Nice work man

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    I don't recall giving permission to use my shield textures. In the future please ask ANY artist you are using work from for permission. It avoids situations where people believe others are taking credit for work not of their own. I know you had no intention of claiming the shields as your own, its just a friendly reminder. Not a bad start with regards to the work, keep working at it.
    Yes, and my skins...!

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    Yes, and my skins...!

So wait... is any of this work his? Cause I spotted my banners being used as well. I think Ificratis should add a disclaimer to his first post stating that this is a compilation mod taking parts of other peoples work.

This is true. The base for this units is some others units. I took the original texture from SS mod and Danova mod who I am playing right now and I change the grafics. I found original Byzantine banners and i pouted in the place of the old banners. Some Banners is old, because some units i created before the banners(pic 3,4,5,9). I don't create any shield. I never said that. Simply i use the mod with this shields. If anyone has any problem with this I am sorry. I just want some better byzantine uniforms to play.
    If anyone has any problem please say to me don't continue and i shall stop the reskining and I shall not release any textures for the Byzantines.
    Last edited by Ificratis; January 12, 2008 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ificratis View Post
    This is true. The base for this units is some others units. I took the original texture from SS mod and Danova mod who I am playing right now and I change the grafics. I found original Byzantine banners and i pouted in the place of the old banners. Some Banners is old, because some units i created before the banners(pic 3,4,5,9). I don't create any shield. I never said that. Simply i use the mod with this shields. If anyone has any problem with this I am sorry. I just want some better byzantine uniforms to play.
    If anyone has any problem please say to me don't continue and i shall stop the reskining and I shall not release any textures for the Byzantines.
    Don't get discourage, and theres no need to be apologizing. Just keep in mind that when you want to release your skins you also say where you got the textures that you edited and included in the package.

Oh, so these are just a combo pack type thing. Well then I'll have to say good job to the artists who's work is in the pack.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

i am a history fanatik.good job with the skins but keep working for the best results!

And a reskin of the latincon. Cavalry and infantry. Their armor is west style but some cavalrymen have some byzantine armor. The most of them have the colors of the latin empire (in their chest and horse).
    dismound latinkon 1st level
    dismound latinkon 2nd level
    latinkon 1st level
    latinkon 2nd level

Their shields have new textures.

The download link is bellow:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/85113649/Latinkon.rar

latinkon fix:
    Last edited by Ificratis; February 03, 2008 at 08:28 AM.

The next project is the horse archers of the Byzantium. I tried to be historical precise. The skythicon in the first level wear clothes of the their country, but in the next level they were some eastern-byzantine uniforms. The uniforms and the colors of the Vardariotai are from the the planes of Hungary and from the places near vardar river.
    The Vardariotai uses new textures in their shields.

Bellow is a reskin of the lesser general of Byzantium.

skythicon 1st level
    byzantine cavalry 1st level
    byzantine cavalry 2nd level
    byzantine cavalry 3nd level
    vardariotai 1st level
    vardariotai 2nd level
    lesser general

Any ideas for Alamanoi? They was germans in origin and the most of them lived in the north of the empire near vardar river. Nothing to do with the Vardariotai.
    Last edited by Ificratis; February 05, 2008 at 05:14 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Alamanoi are the german mercs ...So use the "german'dismount knight skin for your merc unit(german knights were sent as allied troops many times to Laskaris and Palaeologus dynasties..see the batlle of Pellagonia)...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks for the responce AnthoniusII.
    I have this idea for the Alamanoi:

the first two photos are for the first level of Alamanoi. The others two are for the second level.

An alternative unit more Historical shall follow up.
    Last edited by Ificratis; February 16, 2008 at 01:15 AM.

Nice skins...but not whay I had in mind...Use the west type knights...
    examble:Ulrich duke of Carinthia(allie to byzantine emperor leader of the "german"merc troops)

German knight of the 13th century

That who the mercs"alamanoi"should look...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I understand what do you mean. Giannopoulos is perfect in his paints always.
    But i like the idea of two handed sword.
    Perhaps something like this?
    Do you think for the first level this and for the second level something like the german knight?
    Well the third photo shows the result, but i dont like it for the alamanoi. The uniform looks uncomfortable for a foot unit.
    Last edited by Ificratis; February 11, 2008 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ificratis View Post
    I understand what do you mean. Giannopoulos is perfect in his paints always.
    But i like the idea of two handed sword.
    Perhaps something like this?
    Do you think for the first level this and for the second level something like the german knight?
    Proceed....

And a new general for the Byzantium.
    The pack contains the lesser general too.
    Last edited by Ificratis; May 21, 2008 at 09:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast