Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !!! RM Castles !!!

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Default !!! RM Castles !!!

hi friends,RM now has castles,i have added castles by editing the forts and adding castles in the settlements,the forts are very strong now in the strat map (in the campaign map),and the settlements are stronger due to the castles on their plazas (centers),some screens.

Last edited by Lord Of The Knights; January 09, 2008 at 06:33 AM.

Default Re: !!! RM Castles !!!

Looking good ,m'lord!

I can't wait to play it.

Excellent work, Well done..I am amazed with your skills...

But I think if fire rate of towers remain same as vanilla RTW, storming to castles will be really hard..

Also, I want to mod walls and test them in such as custom battle, but I dont know how..could you explain briefly..how can I modify walls on custom battle maps?

I am eagerly waiting for the release, cannos, castels...this mod gonna ROCK..!

EDIT : Do you plan adding trebuchets into RM? This would be wonderfull..

Thanks,the castle walls and towers cant attack or fire,its hard to make them do that,but the castles are normally being strong,unfortuntely i have to remove the castles from the settlements temporarly because the units are moving incorrectly through the castles (in and out) due to the different street plans.

i will do my best in fixing that.

ADD: trebuchets?
    what you mean to modify walls on custom battle maps?,to change them? or to choose which kind of walls you want?
    Last edited by Lord Of The Knights; January 09, 2008 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Knights View Post

ADD: trebuchets?
    Yeah, I think no one of previous modders could be able to make proper trebuchet model...I know it is hard..but I have hope

what you mean to modify walls on custom battle maps?,to change them? or to choose which kind of walls you want?
    I mean, how can I change skin of city walls that on custom maps?

you can change the textures of the walls by editing some files in Data/models_building/textures,and you can change the models by 3D max,if you mean how to replace them (replace wooden walls with stone walls,go to settlement plans/roman fort,roman camp....,and you need to do some work their,you want me to explain clearly?

you can change the textures of the walls by editing some files in Data/models_building/textures,and you can change the models by 3D max,if you mean how to replace them (replace wooden walls with stone walls,go to settlement plans/roman fort,roman camp....,and you need to do some work their,you want me to explain clearly?
    Actually I was asking if I can make wooden walls that enables soldiers fight on it..just as in MTW II..

In order to make it, I thought that changing stone wall texture to make it look like wooden and making it little bit lower than stone wall may work ..

Texture changing easy I know it and making lower walls needs some text editing..AFAIK

And I wanted to test this idea with easiest way, in custom battle, So I understand if I change the wall texture under tha folder Data/models_building/textures is that affects the cities on custom maps?

Or do I need to modify somewhere ?

Thanks for your answer BTW

great idea,and yes if you edit texture of the stone walls or anything,you can see the change in the campaign and the custom battles too.

great idea,and yes if you edit texture of the stone walls or anything,you can see the change in the campaign and the custom battles too.
    Thanks very much, I asked it to Mod forum but nobody answered thanks again

Thanks,the castle walls and towers cant attack or fire,its hard to make them do that,but the castles are normally being strong,unfortuntely i have to remove the castles from the settlements temporarly because the units are moving incorrectly through the castles (in and out) due to the different street plans.

i will do my best in fixing that.

Although I hope otherwise, I don't think you'll be able to fix that.
    The pathfinding problem within the settlements is widely known. If you chance the city-plan too much, units will become stuck or totally desorientated or out of formation...
    That's RTW AI for ya...
    Last edited by Miros_G; January 09, 2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: forgot a comma :-p

yea i noticed that,i spent more than four hours yesterday trying to fix that problem but i couldnt,i will try again right now.

You could abandon cities altogether and turn them into castles...

Just the walls and lots of open spaces with a few houses and tents within in...

And ofcourse a huge donjon next the city- (correction : castle-) square.

Just an idea though

seems nice,but i think i dont have the enough time to start a project like that (turn all cities to castles),maybe in the future,i realy in interested in the idea.

it seems i have found the solve of The pathfinding problem,i will use more than one street plan ( pathfinding file) for the fort.

AWESOME LOTK ! Really great !!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thanks brother.

It would be great if your solution works, let's hope! Good job!

Yeah I know my little idea would require quite some work, and what you are doing is already a lot it seems.
    Too bad my modding skills don't go any further than toying around with the text-files like the EDU or unit/building description files :-p

Looks awesome! I hope that streetplanes gonna work. Castles is a great idea.

Lusitano's Avatar Foederatus

Nice work. It looks amazing!
    "Quem não é patriota não pode ser considerado português"

Rome Total War will live on in my PC cause of this briliiant mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast