Thread: The Naval StratMap Mod

Default The Naval StratMap Mod

Ave Fellow EB Fans,
    This small Mini-Mod for EB 1.1 will add new naval ships, trade ships & wagons, as well as new siege & naval blockade icons to EB's strategy map. All stratmap models are the great works of Riczu74. Here's a small preview....
    Romani

Aedui & Casse

Koinon Hellenon

Ptolemaioi

Karthadastim **Notice as well the new trade ships**

Saba

Makedonia

Getai

Arveni

Arche Seleukeia

Epeiros

Hayasdan

Lusotannan

Pontos

Eleutheroi

Siege & Naval Blockade Icons

The handful of factions i did not preview will have similar naval ships to their neighbor faction or bretheren so to speak but their own banners and texture. For example the Sweboz will use the same type ship as the Casse and Aedui but will have their own banners and texture of course.
    I would like to thank Riczu74 for his great work and for graciously allowing me to use it in the form of this mini-mod/add-on for EB. Here is Riczu74's link to his forum over at TWC, in case anyone is interested in seeing some of his other work.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36584
    Of course i would also like to thank The EB Team for providing us their fans with this great mod and this sub-forum for the unofficial fan made stuff.
    Installation Instructions:
    Installation is very simple as i took the liberty of putting everything in an installer.
    1) Download and run installer.
    2) Install into your main RTW/EB Directory. **Wherever it is you have EB installed** For example my directory looks like this:
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Europa Barbarorum
    your's may be
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War
    or whatever you may have renamed it to.
    3) Click Install. Installer will take care of the rest.

Download Link:
    Filefront

Vale,
    L13
    Last edited by Lysander13; September 06, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

Default Re: The Naval StratMap Mod

. I am just about to ask regarding this mini-mod, coz other mods have this cool ships. In EB the ships are too tiny to feel the naval war. Although they are proportional fit to the campaign map.

Riczu ships do look very nice. However, there's nothing wrong with the EB ships and i wouldn't say their too tiny. Some would say the Riczu ships are too big. In any case, the sub-mod forum for me, has never been about "oh this **insert sub mod** is better than what the regular installation provides". For me, it's always been about choice. If you happen to be someone who likes what is being offered in an unofficial sub-mod, then by all means enjoy.

Tiro

At best, it is a nice change from vanilla EB ships, especially if you have played it for a few months. This along with the terrain changes from Roma Surrectum that I use, makes for a different feel and look of the campaign map. Which any EB player knows that you spend a lot of time gazing at.

Playing with sub mods and making custom modifications to EB is a game in itself and leads to interesting unofficial mods from like minded players.

**Updated link for 1.1 for any who may be interested**

Just in case I have to though I doubt it at the moment: how can one uninstall the mod? Do you use the installer again?
    Canis meus id comedit.

whoa! how did i miss this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy de Yoyo View Post
    Just in case I have to though I doubt it at the moment: how can one uninstall the mod? Do you use the installer again?
    I did not make an unistaller for this. Perhaps i'll add more content to this small mini-mod and in the process include an archive folder including original EB files. However, all you really need is a EB v1.1 backup descr_model_strat.txt file to revert back to EB ships. In that case, the ships of this mini mod will still exist in your installation. However, they will not be referenced by code. The blockade icons, trade ships, wagons are another matter though and copies of these would need to be made to revert back to your original EB installation. If i get a little recreational time coming up, i'll stick an easy to use archive in here for those who want to revert back to EB stratmap models replaced by this small mod.
    Last edited by Lysander13; August 16, 2008 at 12:03 PM.

Companion Cavalry's Avatar Ducenarius

This should be added to the main install, the original EB ships look quite
    bland in comparison, and the trade routes were just blue lines!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil's Sergeant View Post
    Europeans have for centuries been the world's most accomplished racists
    Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post
    Says the American?

Personally I prefer the fleet look of the original EB ships rather than these behemoths. I do like the look of the trade ships though. But EBI won't be including these files in its install program.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I like the fleet look as well, never seen it before... But im going to try this out, I think the ships look different enough from one of another and the trade fleets are a must.

Thanks man

**Link Updated**

Link is dead. Can someone reupload this mini mod?

It's included in this submod compilation.

http://www.filefront.com/17503607/VEBSCP_1.2.exe/

Quote Originally Posted by Chakal View Post
    Link is dead. Can someone reupload this mini mod?
    Here you go. Maybe a little late though.

Quote Originally Posted by Exerius View Post
    It's included in this submod compilation.

http://www.filefront.com/17503607/VEBSCP_1.2.exe/
    Which compilation is that?

Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=398936

is this compatible with 1.2?