Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EODII : Lycan Rising - bugs thread.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: EODII : Lycan Rising - bugs thread.

Hmm, I'll take a look later today, but suspect a corrupted download..

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

I apologize for posting this suggestion at your bug thread Halie&Mak but there is a possibility that unpacking the files might solve the problem.As far as I'm concerned EOD II is based on BI expansion of RTW,and the similar distortion of ui problem had been reported in Kingdoms as well(Kingdoms,which is also an expansion of m2tw like BI) This bug was reported to having been solved by unpacking the files.So I'll suggest to unpack the files in order to solve it.

Halie&Mak again sorry for this,when I saw this particular problem I couldn't help but post this info,I hope you will excuse me.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

No worries, if that works, great..

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Thanks for your understanding Hopefully it will work.I couldn't find the link of the screenshot of the bug at Kingdoms,it's identical with this one.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    I apologize for posting this suggestion at your bug thread Halie&Mak but there is a possibility that unpacking the files might solve the problem.As far as I'm concerned EOD II is based on BI expansion of RTW,and the similar distortion of ui problem had been reported in Kingdoms as well(Kingdoms,which is also an expansion of m2tw like BI) This bug was reported to having been solved by unpacking the files.So I'll suggest to unpack the files in order to solve it.

Halie&Mak again sorry for this,when I saw this particular problem I couldn't help but post this info,I hope you will excuse me.
    Thanks Zeph, it certainly seems UI related, so that is very plausible idea

In terms of user getting fix - he should note that simply unpacking RTW data files, using Verc's extractor on default settings only leaves you with packs still in place and a reference copy of the contents. To fix this problem if packs are the cause you'd need to place the previously packed contents in the RTW directories (or even possibly mod folder directory) and empty the packs - see
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Unpakin...s:Step-by-Step for some more info on unpacking RTW.

Sorry margio, if it is that its not a very easy to explain process - and as I can't duplicate problem is hard for me to guess any other work-around.

Can you check before you get too far do you have same problem on your current install if you try and play another culture, eg, Tala. or Vampires...?
    If you can isolate which cultures / factions do it - I might be able to come up with more useful idea of general fix!

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi to Everybody and thanks for help ...
    I've started with other cultures as Rahala, Lycans, Souleaters and Zombies but I've got the same even if by different ways.
    Everytime once the tactical map is shown, everything it's ok.
    then...
    * selecting a town, calling up buildings or units menus, they are all clear; but then the problem show up by itself if going on calling menus.
    or...
    * selecting a town, calling up buildings or units menus, they are all clear; but calling up the options menu, the problem comes out.
    For every culture appears the Advisor for the "automatic scripting" that automatically goes away; selecting another town the Advisor appears again to "re-install the scripts" and clicking on "show me button" it goes away: clicking on "show me button" or not, didn't change the problem at the end. Remaining in the game the problem is shown immediately once tactical map appears; going back to desktop and restarting, it happens what and how is written above.
    Mak, I followed the link that you provided, downloaded the file and printed instructions. Everything is clearly explained, but before to add other problems... the "ui_1.pak" to extract is the file of vanilla RTW or the file in bi\eod2\data\packs that is "mod_0.pak"?
    Due to the fact that is your mod, maybe it's better to wait your instructions ...
    Thanks again for help...

ayeaye

Hmmm, Ok so it seems not to be related to cultures...

Questions - have you changed anything much on your computer (graphics /OS) between the testing version that worked for you - and your current problems? I don't think much happened in the final game build that would explain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Mak, I followed the link that you provided, downloaded the file and printed instructions. Everything is clearly explained, but before to add other problems... the "ui_1.pak" to extract is the file of vanilla RTW or the file in bi\eod2\data\packs that is "mod_0.pak"?
    Due to the fact that is your mod, maybe it's better to wait your instructions ...
    Thanks again for help...

ayeaye
    I meant the ui.pak's etc in RTW - though actually first you could try re-naming the mod_0.pak to something else eg xmod_0.pak to see if it works without that.

Basically sequence game looks for bits of UI is
    1.rtw/bi/eod2/data/ui
    2.rtw/bi/eod2/data/packs/mod_0.pak
    3.rtw/data/ui
    4.rtw/data/packs/ .pak's

theory seems to be that it might not like looking in so many places.
    if you unpack mod_0.pak the contents won't be read unless you copy them into rtw/data/whatever_folder_path_is
    which would defeat object of mod-folder.... to see if it is objecting to that just rename the mod_0.pak temporarily - all you'll lose is some minor graphics.

if that doesn't do anything try unpacking the rtw/data/packs
    you probably need at least to unpack ui_0.pak ui_1.pak, patch_0.pak and patch_1.pak - I know the patches have some bits of UI in them, eg pips.

you can either then put their contents into rtw/data/
    and make the empty .paks as described - maybe try that as first step..

for second step if that doesn't work you could try (temporarily re-name the eod UI folder) copy all the contents from RTW/data/UI that you've got from unpacking into RTW/BI/eod2/data/UI - then copy all BI/data/UI over that, then copy the eod2/UI folder contents back on top of that ....
    that should give you all possible bits of UI it could ever want to read in the mod-folder (is slightly overkill though - hope you've got HD space...)

NB: ^ that's copy and paste not cut/move

sorry about all that - I'd normally try experimenting myself - but as I don't have the problem its impossible to determine if anything helps!

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks Mak! It works now!
    I renamed the mod_0.pak to xmod_0.pak; sometime I have the options menu titles (but only them!) still in black, but everything else is clear!
    Playing...
    See you soon.

ayeaye

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234