Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EODII : Lycan Rising - bugs thread.

Default Re: EODII : Lycan Rising - bugs thread.

no problem - I was able to finish the campain

forgot to mention another little thing ... when you play as humans and go into the city ciew you will not find humans walking around but hybrids - seems as evil stroke back

the error message came around the town Vai-Marsh in the northern part ot the map... so perhaps its the totem there. There error happend repeatedly at this point when I tried to fight the Severin army.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryleia View Post
    forgot to mention another little thing ... when you play as humans and go into the city ciew you will not find humans walking around but hybrids - seems as evil stroke back
    yeah that one isn't a bug its just my dodgy sense of humour...

thanks for info on the CTD that should help track it down

Think I did find cause of that the CTD near Vai_Marshn, descr_offmap_models.txt file was looking for it, for the distant view of the Lycan Temple wonder, have changed that so it refers to one of the existing models (might be a bit small but there isn't really anywhere you can get a clear view of that from anyway)

File attached to post - will be put in new patch soon as well.

That file should be copied and pasted into

Rome - Total War /bi/eod2/data/ folder

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Surely this is graphics-card related?

Bit of a guess here, but try commenting out the options bi line at the top of the descr_strat.txt file in the campaign folder.
    I tried to look it up but i couldn't find/understand what you mean. Could you maybe clearify it more for me?
    Also I can't see why it should be a video card problem as it is fully supported and works fine with all of the mods i played ( exluding GAFM ).

Anyways I tried out your advise makanyane, but it didn't work

Still i really appreciate your help and should you ( or other persons ) have any other ideas on what to do pleasse let me know

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Go to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\base (or your equivalent) and open up descr_strat.txt

Code:
    ; Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

campaign		RAHALA
    options bi
    playable
    	vandals
    	slave
    end
    unlockable
    and comment out the options bi line so that it looks like:

Code:
    ; Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

campaign		RAHALA
    ;options bi
    playable
    	vandals
    	slave
    end
    unlockable
    Save the file.

Start up EOD2 and play again.

This is not likely the culprit but worth a try.

I cannot imagine why only EoDII and GAFM would cause you problems.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; February 27, 2008 at 12:49 PM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Shot in the dark; do we use the same installer?..Maybe his comp doesn't like that one ..

I'll get me coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Shot in the dark; do we use the same installer?..Maybe his comp doesn't like that one ..

I'll get me coat.
    No need for coats, they're similar installers but GAFM doesn't have a .bat file to run which is the more likely source of problems. And I'd have thought if main installer was going to go wrong you wouldn't get as much working as there is.

Our mod_0.paks do have one ui file in common that EodI I don't think had..

Icewingman, if you're up for one more experiment could you also try renaming the packs folder in the mod-folder eg:
    Rome - Total War/bi/eod2/data/packs
    to xxxpacks or something.

Both mods have small elements of ui in that, which is only other thing I can think of that might mess up UI globally like you have. (only trouble is EodI is also similar - but am getting desperate for ideas!)

only other thing - thinking about installer - the shortcut to run the game is set up the same way in both mods (whereas EodI was done manually and didn't include -nm command)

shows where the information to run the mods goes in your desktop shortcut. Try making a new shortcut yourself for one or other of them, for us make shortcut to BI.exe and include
    -show_err -mod:bi\eod2

but leave out the -nm bit (which is only meant to stop introduction videos playing).

gonna try it out now

I've tried it all out but nothing worked, also tried to make the target line of the shortcut simillar to eodI as the show_err is at the end of the line which is also the case for other mods... But what did happen what is worth mentioning, the first time i started up GAFM and EODII, during the campaign load, it minimized and started up moviemaker-- in EODII case just a sword---and in GAFM case a movie about a barbarion lord looking over his troops from his throne. A simple reinstal made sure that this didn't happen again for both, untill I changed the folder Packs name for EODII and it occured again! When you try to return to the game by simply pressing alt+tab it freezes at the loading screen and then the famous windows box appears saying that BI-exe made an error and is not responding.

I forgot to make a screenshot and I can't ( for some reason ) let it happen again.

anyways still thanks for putting in the effort, maybe you can find out something new with this information, sure hope so

Blog Entries

I think we're stumped, both mods work perfectly well so it has to be something at your end..

usual culprits;

Not patched to 1.6.
    Corrupted DL'.
    Corrupted RTW disk.
    Didn't let the Dos window run at end of install (EODII)..
    Other mods installed (not contained -mod folder) ..
    Doesn't have BI (remove Bi options) ..
    Computer not powerful enough (graphics card problem).

First I want to say this is a great mod, I've been playing as Lycan on recommended settings and loving it.

However, I've found a small bug: the zoomed out mini-map is cut off at the edges, that is, it doesn't show the edges of the world correctly, the zoomed in mini-map does however. Other than that, just some minor grammar errors, which I may fix up and send in.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure but I think the map thing might be the same for all mods, possibly vanilla to.

The grammar; well unit descriptions, events ect are supposed to be read in an accent, perhaps eastern European, at least that was my intent though I won't say I have a perfect grasp of grammar anyway. There is a patch which on the way which has quite a lot of grammar fixes, though personally I won't be installing those files myself.

Glad your enjoying the mod, if you have time can you give us some feedback in the feedback thread, it's always good to hear how different people played.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Icon4 Re: EODII : Lycan Rising - bugs thread.

hi . i am playing with lycans . with lusian and a medium army i am near feral_tra.in the next round the druids atack me and i hit to play the battle ctd

Blog Entries

Sounds totally random to me since no one else has mentioned ctd's with those armies and I've tested them all extensively.. Did the battle load up when you started again??..

clone's Avatar Primicerius

i have tried many times but it happened again .then a message with microsoft appears

@clone - did you get any message when it crashed?

someone did find I was missing a model earlier
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...7&postcount=45
    but it wasn't that near Ferall~tra it was related to wonder near Ren~sa

a missing texture or model should give you a message... and you should have got -show_err automatically placed on shortcut when game installed - otherwise as Halie said it could be something random

EDIT: just saw you post again - try the fix file in the post I linked to anyway - though if you're in right area that shouldn't be it

when the battle screen comes up - could you click the magnifying glass thing to take you to location and make screenshot of exactly where on map it is? that might help me find fix.

Clone - I've tried your save (from the Q&S thread) it loads for me and I can go into battle but there is definitely something odd when I get into battle....

your unit seems to have been standing by the city but not actually besieging it. When battle loads for me it has bits of city perimeter and roads/paths in it but no buildings. I think game has got itself confused if this is siege battle or not!

I'm not sure this is anything I can fix in mod, it may not be anything to do with us.

To get past it in game - try using autoresolve - that seems to come out in your favour. Alternatively in the earlier turn save, if you can go back to one, try either standing further back from city, or making sure you can really besiege it - that might fix the games confusion as to whether it is siege or field battle.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Mak & Halie,
    I wanted to play with Ghostmen in All Faction campaign, but once on tactical map...

This is the third EOD II 1.01 re-install on clean RTW Gold; there is no other mod installed in the directory (I wanted to install EOD I but I have stopped it).
    I've deleted map.rwm, but I get the same view. I've other mods installed in other directories without that view, and even playing Talamasca while testing I never got that...
    Any suggestion?

ayeaye Mak & Halie
    Last edited by margio; April 26, 2008 at 06:28 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast