Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EODII : Lycan Rising - bugs thread.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default EODII : Lycan Rising - bugs thread.

If you do find any bugs please post them here and we'll get the repellent out.

Cheers.
    Last edited by makanyane; January 12, 2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: title change

Default Re: EODII bugs thread.

Yep any little annoyances please post them here - you know the drill....
    ....if you have any unexpected returns to desktop please post here and give as much info as possible, what, where, when, who.... and if it's a repeatable problem please send save game.

RTW does have a few unfixable flaws anyway, but let us know if you think we might have found any new ones!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

I did ask a few little annoyances to post here but they declined.

Is Makanyane the repellent?

Anyway...no bug reports yet : that's great! Most mods get them within an hour of the mod being announced! Great work.

In the EDB you do have a few faction requirements ending with ",}" rather than ", }" - I seem to remember in the dim and distant past that this can cause issues under certain circumstances...maybe my memory is faulty. I'll try and find some really minor things with which to annoy you over the next week, but I can't promise
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Blog Entries

I'll try and find some really minor things with which to annoy you over the next week, but I can't promise
    Finger hovering over the ban button,

''Make my day''.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Halie, don't be so hard on yourself - what good would it do to impose a self ban?

Mak, noticed you had duplicate trigger entries - or rather the validator did -

ERROR: Trigger good_dog_training occurs more than once and may cause random crashes!
    ERROR: Trigger education_lycan occurs more than once and may cause random crashes!
    ERROR: Trigger BitesMoney occurs more than once and may cause random crashes!
    ERROR: Trigger FalseOath2 occurs more than once and may cause random crashes!
    ERROR: Trigger governingholywater occurs more than once and may cause random crashes!
    ERROR: Trigger genes_birthvampmb occurs more than once and may cause random crashes!
    ERROR: Trigger Psionics3 occurs more than once and may cause random crashes!
    ERROR: Trigger agents6b occurs more than once and may cause random crashes!
    ERROR: Trigger disinherited_eastern occurs more than once and may cause random crashes!

We corrected some of our own lately just to be sure.

I'm going to bed now.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

oh, eeek - I'll go have a look for those

out of interest which validator are you using? It came up clean with ATVTW (Tamur/Squid's) version 9.1

I just tried version 9.3 of that, which still doesn't give error on traits triggers, and v9.3 crashes trying to read ancillaries for me...

That would be the Validator by Malrubius.

(Somehow I feel this thread is gonna be veeery small... No matter how hard MoN tries.)

Thanks Nakandakari Lobato,
    we would be grateful if you could let us have a list of anything you spot.... somehow however many times you read through text you always miss something

It might be my upbringing (by very religious family), but I admit I found the concept behind EodI with rise of Satan and fight between good and evil theme, made it scarier, this one can be more fun though

Blog Entries

Overall the game is beautiful. FOr some reason the score in EOD seems a bit more creepy and compelling. Not a criticism.
    Yeh, The score to EOD was put together to help build tension and feel oppressive, which I think worked really well with the overall theme and the darkness of the fog of war, a few people have commented on the fear of the unknown EOD has. EODII is a different beast as it doesn't really have obvious good or bad guys. I think it works ok, this mod wasn't meant to be as scary.

Egoilus's Avatar Civis
    Hmm can you tell me.. (me thinks me bit confused)

ehehehehhe this is the smallest Bug thread EVER!

So I wanto congratulate you with the most "finished" mod for RTW!

Great work
    Gaius Valerius Secundus Proud member of the Populares
    Palma ut Rome! , Ex Princeps Senatus, Ex Censor

Glory and Victory for Our Lord and Protector The Emperor of Harad!

Default Re: ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

ok i got an error. im playing as lycans and my city got atacked by zombies at turn 2. so i sally forth, go into the battle map and then i get a "OMGWTF!!!" load of errors about missing building filenames

Proud creator of the original describe the person above you thread in '09.
    Also proud ragequitter.

Blog Entries

Sounds to me like a bad install.

moved to the bugs thread.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; January 12, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

i have rtw gold version.

edit:
    fixed it by running install.bat
    Last edited by DaLeGiOnArY; January 12, 2008 at 10:08 AM.

Also proud ragequitter.

that should run automatically at the end of the install process - there is a message in the installer about letting it do its stuff, you might have got trigger happy about closing windows before it finished (*she hopes*)

Default Re: EODII : Lycan Rising - bugs thread.

nope. definately did not.

Also proud ragequitter.

Probably an incompatibility issue with your OS and the installer software We've had our shar of that... Mak/Halie any chance of a .rar version for those with systems that don't support the xcopy command (I'm guessing this is the culprit)?

@DaLeGiOnArY could you tell me what OS you are using so we can check if that is related.

@ Aradan - thanks, I'll have to go and have a look at your .rar version, I assume that means you go back to the old type install instructions for it - 'copy BI folder, rename, etc' then extract .rar into it....? Do you know off hand which systems don't like it so we can advise people, am a bit confused as the xcopy command is in the install.bat that apparently fixed this users problem, is it just the launch from the installer that is the problem?

I don't know for sure, it seems to depend on more than one parameters. For example the FATW installer (which uses xcopy) works for me just fine, but in a custom bat file I made, the command is not recognised, even though its format is correct. Generally some systems with older interpreters built-in will not recognise it.
    But if dalegionary activated the bat file and it worked (somehow failed to read that the first time), then it can't have been the xcopy command. Yes, it is possible that the installer failed to call the bat; unlikely but possible. And yep, .rar version means all that. If you manage to make 100% noob-proof instructions for that, Pal will have a monument dedicated to you - and he will start using scripts!
    Last edited by Aradan; January 12, 2008 at 08:31 PM.

General_Zavier's Avatar Civis

I just got a CTD. I was being the humans and sieging a druid town. Another druid army attacked on their turn, and I destroyed that army and the garrison(only 1 family member) of the town. Then it became my turn and the "Occupy, Enslave, or Sack" scroll came up.

I hit "Enslave" and it CTD. I've seen this a couple times before, in both vanilla RTW and various mods, so I dunno if its actually fixable.
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people.
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR
    WRE Migration Campaign AAR
    The Official RTW Screenshot Competition.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast