Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

Default Re: ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

Nice Job! Now downloading. But one question...

Please tell me if it is already in there, But what about Vampire's and Werewolves/Lycans weakness of fire/light? Shouldn't fire arrows/catapult ammo (If there in the game) kill them on the spot? And the sun?
    This is a A to B conversation, so C should stay out of it before D and E kick the F out of you.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Fire has no more effect than against humans, though Lycans may be a little more wary, a singed fur coat is not a good look.

Have you read 'The Chronicle of the Night Breed' The issue of sunlight is explained there. In brief there is a region on the map which is covered in active volcano's, ash from this region has risen into the atmosphere and greatly reduced the effect the sun has on Vampyres. Though they still have to be cautious in the north and far west. Having been around for a long time many of their settlements have covered walkways so they can move around in the day, when outside the settlements they cover up. You'll see the different light effects of the map in battles.

Hi. I have the Anthology version of Rome Total War so my installation path was something like program files/The Creative Assembly/Rome - Total War. I did everything in the instructions and launched Barbarian Invasion but nothing has changed. Was there supposed to be a new desktop shortcut or is there some kind of Mod folder I need to find? I'm really excited to play this, it looks great!

Nevermind got it working! Great mod! Thank you for this

Blog Entries

Shadowlair's Avatar Civis

it seems both downloads dont work, the first one takes me to the filefront main page, and when i try to download on the second one, it refers me to the beginning and i have to wait another 60 minutes and i really wanna play this mod

All hail dragonborn total war!!

Blog Entries

I've edited the links so only the ones that are still active are listed. Both have a short delay to DL time but the longest is 60 seconds.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Mod-Foldered?
    I'd really want to know if the mod is mod foldered.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1994 View Post
    Mod-Foldered?
    I'd really want to know if the mod is mod foldered.
    Yes it's definitely mod-foldered

Libertus

I just found this mod and it looks great

Fantastic mod! Congratulations for releasing the only original fantasy mod for RTW. It's fun reenacting ancient and medieval history, the LOTR movies and the first war of Warcraft, but it's something else entirely entering a lore customized to the game. Well done. Great stability too- so far I have yet to encounter one CTD in EoD or EoD2.

One thing I would really like to see in this mod in particular is a set of scripted missions for each faction of the campaign, to make certain battles more meaningful. Playing as the Rahala, the Severin expanded mercilessly, eating away at the Soul Eater provinces bordering the Talamasca, and all but destroyed the Lycans in the east. My strategy is to island hop and control the sea while launching naval landings along Severin coasts. Lots of fun, but I estimate I will have to fight several thousands of battles before I win this campaign (if I win )

Blog Entries

Glad you like the mod.. We weren't big on scripts at the time because that side of modding was pretty unstable but we did put a lot of effort into the way factions worked and expanded. The balance is pretty good so you should be able to build a powerful enough empire to take on which ever factions dominate. Good luck..

Ah, well, in that case I completely understand. Having downloaded a dozen mods recently (I'm a latecomer to the latter mods, been a fan of CA since Shogun, but haven't played since 2007) I can see how stability is a priority, bugs sure are a pain in the butt. By the way, I read one of your posts from a year or so back and you claimed to be in retirement... any chance you'll return to modding and make that Spartacus mod you had an interest in? Or EoD3 one day?

Blog Entries

A'yup, ctd's with the EoD mods are very rare, I think both those mods are as stable as mods get and far better than most. Saying that 300 (Warlords of Sparta) has an extensive set of scripts which are all very stable.

I started work on a Spartacus mod a few months back but soon realised I simply don't have the time or will needed to get a mod made any more. EoD3 will never be made, to make a mod equal in quality to the first two would take way more time than I could put into it and I'm unlikely to trust anyone with the legacy.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; January 24, 2012 at 03:57 AM.

A very fine mod, as it seems. I've just downloaded it and had quick glance and played a few turns with the Lycans, and I must say this is really good stuff. Great (dark and gloomy) atmosphere - an excellent soundtrack, great campaign map and good modifications to the battle maps! Is it only coincidence, as I've only played a few battles, or are the skies also more drear and sallow (which looks very good imo)?

That said, I've two questions:

1) The download link in the OP leads to the newest version with the 1.02 patch, right? The "last edited" at the bottom of the OP suggests that, but neither the text nor the downloaded file (i.e. lycan_rising_V1-01.exe - 184MB) confirm that. And btw, both links in the patch 1.02 sticky are dead.

2) Just in case I don't get used to the dark green unit markers on the battle maps (the ones that appear when you hit 'space', to show where the unit will end up) - how can I mod their colour back to default? As I said "just in case", as they do fit the dark atmosphere.

Regards.
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; January 27, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    A very fine mod, as it seems. I've just downloaded it and had quick glance and played a few turns with the Lycans, and I must say this is really good stuff. Great (dark and gloomy) atmosphere - an excellent soundtrack, great campaign map and good modifications to the battle maps! Is it only coincidence, as I've only played a few battles, or are the skies also more drear and sallow (which looks very good imo)?
    Hi, sorry I haven't responded sooner I've been unwell this last week or so. Glad you like the mod.. The skies were moded by Makanyane based of another mod which gave realistic clouds and made much gloomier to fit EoDI and EoDII, (I think I used the same skies in 300 WoS as well).
    That said, I've two questions:

1) The download link in the OP leads to the newest version with the 1.02 patch, right? The "last edited" at the bottom of the OP suggests that, but neither the text nor the downloaded file (i.e. lycan_rising_V1-01.exe - 184MB) confirm that. And btw, both links in the patch 1.02 sticky are dead.
    I think I actually meant to upload the 1.2 when I replaced the original links for the full mod (when megaupload went down) but promptly forgot, sorry about that, it's been added as an attachment to the OP.

2) Just in case I don't get used to the dark green unit markers on the battle maps (the ones that appear when you hit 'space', to show where the unit will end up) - how can I mod their colour back to default? As I said "just in case", as they do fit the dark atmosphere.

Regards.
    Hmm, not sure which you mean, I tend to turn off markers myself in the preferences text.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Hi, sorry I haven't responded sooner I've been unwell this last week or so. Glad you like the mod.. The skies were moded by Makanyane based of another mod which gave realistic clouds and made much gloomier to fit EoDI and EoDII, (I think I used the same skies in 300 WoS as well).
    Fine to hear your better now. The gloomy skies really add to the unique atmosphere of this mod. Good work by Makanyane there.

I think I actually meant to upload the 1.2 when I replaced the original links for the full mod (when megaupload went down) but promptly forgot, sorry about that, it's been added as an attachment to the OP.
    Downloaded already. Thanks.

Hmm, not sure which you mean, I tend to turn off markers myself in the preferences text.
    I didn't mean the bright neon green arrow markers for selected units (I turn these immersion-killers off as well), but the round, dark green markers that show up when you hit the spacebar to show you where marching units will end up.
    Anyway, as I'm using the dark blue campaign map sea-animation from EB (i.e. I copy-pasted EB's mod_0.pak into eod2\data\packs) for my EODII installation, that, as a side effect, also exchanges these markers I was talking of with EB's yellow ones.

Blog Entries

I'm trying to picture them but to be honest I never hit space bar, not sure I ever did, so those indicators are something I've never noticed (or modded)...

Hit the spacebar next time you play a RTW battle... you'll see what I'm talking about.

PS: The info scrolls that describe the history of the Lycan uprising are a truly engrossing read. Honestly, that's some good quality writing there. Kudos!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    Hit the spacebar next time you play a RTW battle... you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Will do. If you ever watch any RTW 'let's play' series you'll notice people use and don't use all sorts of short-cuts, I did any way..

PS: The info scrolls that describe the history of the Lycan uprising are a truly engrossing read. Honestly, that's some good quality writing there. Kudos!
    I think there's a similar story for the vampyres, most if not all of which should be in the 'chronicles of the night breed' thread in this forum.