Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

Default Re: ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

New dl link for 1.01 on filefront is now up

@silverarmon, I'd suggest you do try out wolfish-wolverine playing as lycans and in the year 730 campaign, that doesn't have some of the other biases against the players faction, so you should find your armies are more dominant at the start. That map is fuller though, so it should still be difficult enough to be fun

Your English is fine!

If you want to make modding changes to it yourself I'll be happy to give advice but I'm not intending to change mod myself yet unless we get a lot of feedback wanting same things...

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Halie and Mak congratulations on releasing EOD II especially with such a stunning speed!

Also glad and relieved to see that Mak finally fixed all the problems regarding the script,and so this great sequel is finally released.. Hats off to both of you...
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

The modification is amazing, it's almost perfect! The thrill and curiosity this modification offers are enormous! The landscape and skies are amazing too!

But one problem, battles finish too fast...in 1 minute of fighting, my human guardian unit was reduced to 6 men and routing by druids (who also lost so many men, but their numbers were greater).

I strongly suggest you increase the defense skill of units, it will make them die less quick but at the same time light units won't get the "Very well armoured" attribute.

I might make private minor adjustments to EODII's EDU.txt and increase the defense skill of units, but I strongly suggest you officially do it to the masses !

Overall this modification is AMAZING!
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; January 07, 2008 at 07:35 AM.

Charge's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    I might make private minor adjustments to EODII's EDU.txt and increase the defense skill of units, but I strongly suggest you officially do it to the masses !
    Indeed, this month I think

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

woohoo... *starts turning into a Werewolf* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

But one problem, battles finish too fast...in 1 minute of fighting, my human guardian unit was reduced to 6 men and routing by druids (who also lost so many men, but their numbers were greater).
    The Druids are tough, they needed to be to stop the Lycans from sweeping through the forbidden mountains, The main problem you face as the Talamasca is lack of experience in your units, where as the Druids gather chevrons quickly, you just have to persevere. I had a really hard time with them because I didn't take them out early and gave them time to grow, but I put them down in the end, Mak crushed them in no time at all, it depends which way you start the campaign.

If someone wants to release an EDU with higher defence stats I'm ok with that, though Mak might want a detailed explanation of what changes were made before it would get an official stamp of approval.

I think the battles work out ok time wise, twenty minuets on average once you've upgraded armour and recruited stronger men.

Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post

I strongly suggest you increase the defense skill of units, it will make them die less quick but at the same time light units won't get the "Very well armoured" attribute.

Overall this modification is AMAZING!
    thanks for the comments, a few people *cough, Charge* will have gathered by now I'm not a fan of epic very long RTW battles.... I don't mind the idea of having optional add-ons for the more masochistic players though,
    as I'm not sure you can have one version that pleases everyone

If you're taking other armour attributes down while putting the defense skill up you'd want to look at reducing the archer fire power as well, or they'll get even stronger than they are - and they are quite strong as it is....

The other possible way to just make battles longer without changing balance much would be to reduce the kill rate / lethality value (last value on the stat_pri line) by same proportion for all units.

I look forward to seeing everyone's alternative suggestions (I think..! )

I've decreased the kill rate of all units by 0.3. Battles are a lot longer now and are well suited for those who are used to RTR or EB -paced battles .

Makanyane, you can give me the green lights to release the .txt file to the public, if you want to check it out yourself, I don't mind too .

Yep, thanks, feel free to put it up, could you make yourself a new thread in this forum for it so people can make any comments about it separately (or else I'll soon become confused), it also might be an idea if you could put it in a folder structure like bi/eod2/data/ so people would have to try very, very hard to overwrite vanilla files by mistake....

I know Charge had some slightly different ideas about doing alternative EDU's as well, hence the *cough* in my last post.... we'll have a look at anything that gets posted as add-on / alternatives and see if we can make any official team recommendation for users looking for "x" type adjustment to download "y's" add-on.

Thanks again

Just a quickie. Do not reduce the lethality by a fixed amount, instead multiply it with a fixed number, like 0.6... If you do it with the fixed reduction, you will mess the balance.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Halie and Mak congratulations on releasing EOD II especially with such a stunning speed!

Also glad and relieved to see that Mak finally fixed all the problems regarding the script,and so this great sequel is finally released.. Hats off to both of you...
    For posterity.

The first post made in regards to this mod was in the EOD dev forum.

March 17, 2007, 02:09 AM

The mod was released;

January 05, 2008, 04:09 PM

I guess that is pretty quick.

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Well done. It does look kind of odd to me, but i am not one to shy from all things different. I'll give it a try!

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Awesome! Downloading now!

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Sweet just tried a custom battle, it was beautiful. My most favorite part was when my general was in the middle of a battle with an enemy general and I heard this sound like a thunder storm and I thought "What the hell is that." and then I looked up and 2 cannonballs slammed into my unit. I think I'm going to add some of the units from EoD to this game, for my own personall use.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Cool - can't wait to try it. EOD had a really aggressive AI, so I can't wait to play this!
    Under the Patronage of Belisarius

Member of S.I.N.
    = Fidei defensor =

Consider yourself conservative? Five Conservative Classics

Egoilus's Avatar Civis
    Hmm can you tell me.. (me thinks me bit confused)

Great! And here comes on of the few TW mods which is made more or less of nothing! A game made of the pure fantasy of it's makers (Exept a brief cut from the "Underworld" and "Underworld Evulution" films")

And it's not only original! it's fun and exiting to play! Great work!
    Thankyou very much Halie Satanus and Makanyane

BTW! Master of None !!!! Get these units into the merc mod! (for vanilla) MORE VAMPIRES AND Werewolfs!!
    Last edited by Egoilus; January 08, 2008 at 11:49 AM.
    Gaius Valerius Secundus Proud member of the Populares
    Palma ut Rome! , Ex Princeps Senatus, Ex Censor

Glory and Victory for Our Lord and Protector The Emperor of Harad!

General_Zavier's Avatar Civis

Awesome you guys! I can't wait to play this. Maybe I'll do another AAR when I finish my Albion one...
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people.
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR
    WRE Migration Campaign AAR
    The Official RTW Screenshot Competition.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Zavier View Post
    Maybe I'll do another AAR when I finish my Albion one...
    I was hoping you'd say that

Quote Originally Posted by Egoilus
    BTW! Master of None !!!! Get these units into the merc mod! (for vanilla) MORE VAMPIRES AND Werewolfs!!
    erm, I was involved in that too, which gave me a little ethical hitch about trying to declare own mod stable enough for inclusion before it had been proved by being on public release for a while.....
    If we do another release of Multi-Mod Sampler later though, I'm sure the vampires would enjoy meeting some Romans....

The fact, that I have decided to make my first post in TWC forums, after just browsing them for years, shows how much I like this mod. Spectacular work!