Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else felt like watching kingdom of heaven after playing stainless steel and crusades campaign??

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Anyone else felt like watching kingdom of heaven after playing stainless steel and crusades campaign??

2 Inhuman One:

I myself hate blondes, but dig redheads and like brunettes as well, but let's not talk about our tastes...

Movie-wise, I do not like where there's much sense in anything at all, especially the morals. =\ I love black humour and entertaining nonsense, so having nudity without reason is as good for me as brutal action with lots of gore and meat, which cannot have ANY sense at all, like in Robert Rodriguez movies, you know? Try to find any reason for vampires or space monsters to eat somebody... But I do dislike plot-holes and story inconsistencies, as this is just laziness and lameness of a director/scenario writer...

And well, increasing sexuality and special effects just to raise popularity is not worse, than LOWERING it just to get a better rating, so I usually do not think about the production and advertisement, as long as the picture is good... But I do dislike when they use both methods - increasing the sexuality to appeal more for adolescents and covering all the girls' features to pass the rating at the same time - this is not only applied to nudity/sex, but also to any thing that can get censored, like swearing or violence. And the directors who try to lick the critics' and fans' arses at the same time usually do not have enought saliva. Sell-outs are the waste of talent, so the directors who rape/cut their movie too much just so more people will go on the castrated version of their picture do not make me too happy either.

I like when they use every possible chance to show some fights, girls, fire, blood and everything else concerning Rock N' Roll. =) Cannot even think about the place, where nudity may destroy plot, if there are humans, they may as well do not wear any clothes.

P.S. About Knightley - the loose eyes, the powdered (in movies and photo sessions) skin and the big disformed nose do not get me at all either.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Anyone else felt like watching kingdom of heaven after playing stainless steel and crusades campaign??

After playing this game, I thought of watching El Cid!

Showing my age there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftehh View Post
    When the Saracens lay siege, they have a Ram, ladders and siege towers. Where do they come from? Do they build them during the siege? Or did they take them with them? If they did build it on the spot where the heck did they find that much wood? Since Jerusalem is in the middle of the friggin desert..
    I'm no professor, but I have some history education. All I can tell you is that, in the case of the Crusaders, while some had siege experience, they basically were stumped when it came to besieging massive walled cities like Antioch and Jerusalem. Antioch in particular was so big and nestled right next to a mountain that they couldn't even surround the entire city. It was intimidating, to say the least. The men of the First Crusade brought no intact heavy siege equipment; they might have brought some key components to help make a few catapults though. Nor did the First Crusaders even establish 'professional' supply lines. They were winging it, spurned on by ambition and fanaticism. And when foraging and stealing and donations dried up, many died by famine and disease.

What saved them was all the international help they received. Everyone from the English to the Armenians pitched in with some supplies, communications, intelligence, and most importantly --- craftsmen. The most important craftsmen, the skilled workers who knew how to build ingenious siege equipment, came mostly from Italy -- Genoa and some from Pisa and others. I'm sure some of the Norman and French soldiers had some knowledge too, but the Italians were the key to success.

The Genoese deconstructed their galleys, hauled all the timber and metal equipment inland, and built stuff for the Crusaders. They made testudos, counter-forts, catapults, and 2 maximum siege towers. Not like 10 or more. If there were trebuchets in the First Crusade, they were very rare.

Also, the craftsmen were smart enough to make all the big equipment, like a siege tower, in components, so it could be taken apart in bits, and then rebuilt elsewhere, sometimes in the dead of night, to affect a ruse.

As for Saladin's forces, there was no way in hell they had 35+ trebs, all firing together like a D-Day barrage. Sieges of large cities took a long time and the carrying and construction of heavy equipment alone took weeks and weeks at minimum.

Keira or Natalie? Damn, both are a'ight. I'd shag both for sure.

Echad, haha, you posted all the no make-up Keira pics and Natalie pics with make-up.

Here's Nat with no make-up:
    http://78.img.v4.skyrock.com/783/whi.../997208544.jpg

Our teacher is showing this in our class to represent feudalisim .
    I have a feeling it wont really be very accurate. But im happy
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

If you'd like an in-depth historical snapshot, get the book called

The First Crusade

by Thomas Asbridge

It cuts the BS and gets down to what this brutal experience was really like.

Quote Originally Posted by McCloy View Post

Echad, haha, you posted all the no make-up Keira pics and Natalie pics with make-up.

Thanks a lot man, now i'll never look at this seemingly beautiful woman the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinhead View Post
    Thanks a lot man, now i'll never look at this seemingly beautiful woman the same again.
    As you probably are aware, there's a few drop-dead gorgeous women out there, with little need for wearing make-up, and they aren't acting or modeling. They are among us! Sometimes the girl down the block is actually hotter than the one on the silver screen.

As you probably are aware, there's a few drop-dead gorgeous women out there, with little need for wearing make-up, and they aren't acting or modeling. They are among us! Sometimes the girl down the block is actually hotter than the one on the silver screen.
    No, i totally hear you. I have great friends that i have seen wake up in the morning (no make-up and don't worry, they are females) that look better than Natalie with her make-up on.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

So we established that the siege equipment is off in kingdom of heaven, what about the number of troops?

where the armies really that big?

Indefinitely Banned

Absolutely normal, no fierce eyebrows or uber large chin - only bad quality photographs and weird facial expressions... BUT, she has some make-up in all these pics - eyes especially. There are actually some better photos of her really without makeup, noting the ones on the beach, on the street and the childish ones.

She is anyway 100 times better than her DECOY!

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    After playing this game, I thought of watching El Cid!

Showing my age there.

El Cid eclipses so many films; the soundtrack is one of the best ever made.

Speaking of Crusades films; anyone seen "Soldier of God"? People seem to either love it or hate it, I haven't seen it yet.

Indefinitely Banned

You can't even get KOH: Extended Edition over here in New Zealand, it's that bad.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I did watch Conan recently but I doubt that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai! View Post
    You can't even get KOH: Extended Edition over here in New Zealand, it's that bad.
    whats that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Echad View Post
    Of course the Templars were pure evil and, and the Muslims were pure good! They blow airplanes and stone their women with absolutely good and pure intentions!

Still I'm Glad that the frog-eating Crusaders died out, wait for the not-drinking-wine Jihad guys to follow. =)

Two abosolutely unrelated to Israel people fight for it... Jews don't deserve their homeland? Spew, I spit on stupid, Muslim-butt-licking Hollywood... The sole message of peace and good relations between Arabs and Christians makes the movie ugly... And the Holy Land without Jews makes it even stupider.

I also like Hollywood making Spartans good... If Spartans still existed, they would rape the director and burn the whole Hollywood for making them the good guys.
    Reported for racism.

« There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it.

A politician who portrays himself as 'caring' and 'sensitive' because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't?

And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money - if a gun is held to his head.» - P. J. O'Rourke

Indefinitely Banned

Where is racism there? I AM NOT ****ING RACIST! I hate racists, we had a whole war against the Nazi 60 years ago! I was commenting on the directors to feature no Jews in a film about Israel! Now who is racist? =\

I said that movie is stupid, and that Hollywood is. You are about the racism against the Spartans, the Muslims, the Crusaders, or Jews? I coudn't be racist against all of the at once, huh? Especially, since they are all OF ONE RACE!
    Last edited by Echad; February 14, 2008 at 07:36 PM.

Where is racism there? I AM NOT ****ING RACIST! I hate racists, we had a whole war against the Nazi 60 years ago! I was commenting on the directors to feature no Jews in a film about Israel! Now who is racist? =\

I said that movie is stupid, and that Hollywood is. You are about the racism against the Spartans, the Muslims, the Crusaders, or Jews? I coudn't be racist against all of the at once, huh? Especially, since they are all OF ONE RACE!
    ''Still I'm Glad that the frog-eating Crusaders died out'', about the huge majority of french crusaders in holy lands

''They blow airplanes and stone their women with absolutely good and pure intentions!'',
    about the muslims.

If this is not racism what is it?

As for the Spartans, I do not think they were good nor evil, they were doing was they though was right. They never build an empire and rarely destroyed their ennemy's cities when they had the opportunity.

« There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it.

A politician who portrays himself as 'caring' and 'sensitive' because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't?

And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money - if a gun is held to his head.» - P. J. O'Rourke

Indefinitely Banned

This is called SARCASM, not RACISM...

I am glad that the guys, who WIPED OUT the whole Yerushalayim died out, and it is natural for me! And they did ate frogs, but I think that is merely a consequence, I NEVER SAID FRENCH - YOU DID!

"They blow airplanes and stone their women with absolutely good and pure intentions!" Yes, I truly believe that they have the right for religious freedom - and if their religion tells them to do it, then let them! =\ I haven't said anything AGAINST them.

Spartans did slept with men and seen it as natural - but they took the "good-guys" behavior of Athenians and others as an insult, if it was directed at them - and this was AGAIN only by their tradition.

And man - if one is insulting both the Crusaders and Muslims, than he is definetly NOT racist, as racist will attacko nly the opposing religion, and I am Christian.
    Last edited by Echad; February 14, 2008 at 07:49 PM.

This is called SARCASM, not RACISM...

I am glad that the guys, who WIPED OUT the whole Yerushalayim died out, and it is natural for me! And they did ate frogs, but I think that is merely a consequence, I NEVER SAID FRENCH - YOU DID!

"They blow airplanes and stone their women with absolutely good and pure intentions!" Yes, I truly believe that they have the right for religious freedom - and if their religion tells them to do it, then let them! =\ I haven't said anything AGAINST them.
    Then again you do not understand what Islam is, and that a minority of muslims actually throw rock at their wives when they are found guilty of adultary or blow bombs on people.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast