Thread: Squire/Knight Movement

Default Squire/Knight Movement

Education in castles currently gives Squires and Knights +50% movement, in the Traits file "Movement 10" does not give +10% movement rate, it gives 5x that. Should be "Movement 2" if you want +10% movement rate. Currently, the +50% movement modifier for making squire is so huge that there's no point in ever even considering a capital or church eduction.

Also, for those of us who prefer Dread rather than Chivilrous generals, there's no incentive for continuing castle education beyond squire level, since the +move for both is the same and the +1 command isn't enough to compensate for having to live with +1 Chivalry on a trait w/ no antitrait. For my personal use, I've changed Squire level +movement to 1 (=5%) and knight to 3 (=+15%). If you want the extra moves, you have to live with the chivalry. You also need to get your newborn generals to a castle quicker, so they have a better chance of making Knight.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Squire/Knight Movement

Damn, how EDUCATION can give dread or chivalry? Except the church and/or torture chamber ones?

Knightly teachings often involved lectures on how to be a chivalrous person, ie care for your serfs, heed the king etc, although obviously some people chose to ignore those. Many knights (especially in England) aspired to be saintly in deed, ie Saint George.

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

In which file did you edit this? And where can I edit movement rates in general, want to increase character movement so I can move my 12 year olds faster to education site (yes I lowered the age of m).

Civis

King Yngvar, what did you edit to make your family members come of age younger?
    Always Underfoot...

descr_campaign_db in data, open it in notepad and scroll down till you find family tree. Change age of manhood from 16 to whatever you like. You can also change old age, will increase or decrease lifespan.

In the data subfolder for the mod, file is something like export_char_traits, its just a plain text file. Ancillaries file is in there also. Modify at will (if yer smart, keep a copy of the original file someplace in case you break something). As you might have noticed from the original post, in this thread, you have to be a little careful because many things are x5 of what the number is while others are the same (eg. "Movement 5" is a +25% movement rate boost, while "Chance 2" is a 2% chance of getting an increment if the condition is met). These two files have the effects of the trait/ancillary in first half of the file and the trigger for it in the second half.

Even if not planning to modify, it can be educational to peruse these files to see what traits/ancillaries exist, what they do exactly, and how they're triggered. Files are searchable, so if you're looking for something in particular, like Movement or Construction discounts, can quickly get a list of every related trait/ancillary and see the triggers for how to acquire them.

Thanks but I wasn't really looking to modify traits or anchillaries. I was thinking more along the line of modifying movement points for generals, ships, diplomats, etc. I've been searching for an appropriate text file but can't seem to find one. You know which file?

Lamanz's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by King Yngvar View Post
    descr_campaign_db in data, open it in notepad and scroll down till you find family tree. Change age of manhood from 16 to whatever you like. You can also change old age, will increase or decrease lifespan.
    Extending old age, eh...well, now I know how FATW did it

Sig made by XKillerX

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
    The crownless again shall be king.
    "