Thread: The 2007 TWC Mod Awards

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default The 2007 TWC Mod Awards

Casus belli is present even if the mod is still in italian, in these categories:

Favourite RTW mod award
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139217

Favourite RTW era mod award
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139224

Favourite RTW 2D art award (davide.cool)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139229

Favourite RTW Modder award (davide.cool)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139239

Favourite RTW Unit Model Artist award (davide.cool)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139246

Favourite RTW Unit Texture Artist award (davide.cool)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139249

Fans of Casus belli, if u appreciate our work, please vote us.... i think we made a tough work even if we are translatin now the mod in english... but the graphics, the beautiful units and lanscapes, unit infos, military and civil engineering... doesnt know languages....

vote us if u think we have done a good job until now

Sincerely

davide.cool - Alavdae Team

Default Re: The 2007 TWC Mod Awards

done and done

Darius_D's Avatar Tiro

artistically over the top, no doubt.

i would vote if i had50 post

i wanna thank u for the votes..... but i m thinkin too, that most of the people who voted there, never seen or tried Casus Belli's beauty..... at the end, the mod with more fans of adepts wins..... indipendently if it's good or ugly.... the most impartial thing will be, a neutral judge who takes a look at all the mods in the nominees, and then votes who's the best......

Casus belli will receive few votes in that polls, because we have not tons of fans as the other mods

in time you will

bah... even if we translate the entire mod in english, things are not gonna changin.... i think Casus belli it's like a ferrari....simply beautiful..... other people prefers a 1920's ford car, aesthetically horrible but with millions scripts... bah... it's like to have an old school nintendo NES 8 bit against a Xbox 360 (CB).... i dunno why people prefers the first chose.. bah

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

i voted for casus belli since the units look the best and the terrain, but also despite it being italian it seems like a very good campaign and i am sure once it is translated most people will comeback and it looks very historically accurate.

I like EB and play very rarely since you can only have a few armies and end up invading the whole map easily in some areas, nonetheless it is one of the best there.

SPQR is more my taste over that since the battles are the best and can be very decsive, but also it has some nice skins too and a good balance to the factions. Nonetheless Casus Belli just feels more Roman to me than any of the others, although SPQR comes in that phase too and don't forget BBW. But Casus Belli is no1 for me since i voted for it.

The saying is:- " this Mod is worthy of Caesar"

I think most people haven't played much of campaign properly so they don't how good it really is and just judge it after a few turns and finish it!!

Try getting it on wikpedia as RTW mod under Rome Total War with the others and once it gets translated and it will do well i am sure of it. Don't forget to make sure is an announcement on the TW center homepage when ur finished with it

thanks

im guessing once its fully translated a surge of people will play CB and then there will be an increase in fans.

Quote Originally Posted by misfitsfiend138 View Post
    im guessing once its fully translated a surge of people will play CB and then there will be an increase in fans.
    U goddamn right. this is y i m translatin it

"Doesnt matter if u are gazzelle or a roast turkey, Run into my mouth"
    - Davide Von Mc Chicken Royal Deluxe Donalds

well i can tell u this once it is done being translated i will come back and give CB another try

edit: you know what i am gunna try reinstall this mod right now
    Last edited by Templar Knight; January 05, 2008 at 05:01 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

better u avoid loss of energies.... translation will be ready in 2048 AD

davide, I have to say I don't understand your attitude. Would you play a mod written in Russian or Mongolian? I think you have to remember that this is an English language site, and the one language we all have in common is English.

I've been following CB for a long time, and you have created some amazing units and really extraordinary graphics -- for many months I was very excited to try the mod. But I'm not going to play a mod that's in Italian, because I don't speak a word of your language. So I have not even downloaded it. I'm just patiently waiting for a version in English.

I want to play it, I'm excited about it, but until I can understand it, I won't play it. There's just too much text in this game to make it playable in a foreign language.

I think you have maybe put more emphasis on things that are only marginal improvements (like the texture of river water) and not nearly enough on translating the mod to a language that everyone understands.

Yes, I know it's more fun to work on textures, and translating is boring and tedious and takes forever -- but sometimes modding isn't fun at all. You need to consider where you put your time, because making a version of CB that everyone here can understand is really much more important than adding a new texture.

It's not that people are ignoring CB, I think it's just that many of us will only play mods in English. At least that's how I feel, and I've long been a fan of your work...

Oh, and I do speak some French, so if CB was in French I might have tried it. But nobody in the US speaks Italian, because our schools don't teach it. It's all French and Spanish over here I'm afraid. You guys just weren't imperialistic enough in the 19th century

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    davide, I have to say I don't understand your attitude. Would you play a mod written in Russian or Mongolian? I think you have to remember that this is an English language site, and the one language we all have in common is English.

I've been following CB for a long time, and you have created some amazing units and really extraordinary graphics -- for many months I was very excited to try the mod. But I'm not going to play a mod that's in Italian, because I don't speak a word of your language. So I have not even downloaded it. I'm just patiently waiting for a version in English.

I want to play it, I'm excited about it, but until I can understand it, I won't play it. There's just too much text in this game to make it playable in a foreign language.

I think you have maybe put more emphasis on things that are only marginal improvements (like the texture of river water) and not nearly enough on translating the mod to a language that everyone understands.

Yes, I know it's more fun to work on textures, and translating is boring and tedious and takes forever -- but sometimes modding isn't fun at all. You need to consider where you put your time, because making a version of CB that everyone here can understand is really much more important than adding a new texture.

It's not that people are ignoring CB, I think it's just that many of us will only play mods in English. At least that's how I feel, and I've long been a fan of your work...

Oh, and I do speak some French, so if CB was in French I might have tried it. But nobody in the US speaks Italian, because our schools don't teach it. It's all French and Spanish over here I'm afraid. You guys just weren't imperialistic enough in the 19th century
    i know.... this is why i m translating it

the fact is... i always said to my team to make 2 versions of the mod... but they always told me in imperialistic way "if they want the mod in english, they can translate it by them selves"".. denieding my request every time

the gerarchy of the mod is changed.... old coordinators of the project casus belli are no more... there's only me and sextus and i decided, finally to translate the mod..... it's a long and tough work but i think i could make it...... files are huge
    Last edited by DAVIDE; January 06, 2008 at 10:08 AM.

I am glad that you are translating this mod, though it being in Italian never stopped me from playing it.

Hi, davide.cool

I can say CB is amazingly great mod.

I really enjoy to play this mod and all visual and auditory works are great.

But I cannot speak Italian, so I feel some distance and sometimes I cannot deeply involved in the game.

So I really happy to hear you are translating, and I stronly believe that if English version is out, CB will be one of the best mod in RTW.

Thank you for your great work.
    See you.

the mod will be translated . it takes much time