Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian Octavius View Post
    I agree with Senator Marcus's horrid descicion!but I implore you Senator Marcus let the children watch muahahahaha
    What, Senator? You're telling that we should kill innocent Roman citizens just because of their sickness? This is brutal!
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

My master, Senators(some of them)actually liked to talk like that.
    Senator Marcus Metella Triaria/Patrician by Blood/Apprentice of Senator Clavdivs Optimvs Decimvs
    Leader of the Praetorian Cohort

Leader of PraetorianCohort
    Senator

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Senator i will pretend you dident say that so my trusty guards dont have to remove you and put you out in the plauge infested streets.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire le Philosophe View Post
    What, Senator? You're telling that we should kill innocent Roman citizens just because of their sickness? This is brutal!
    Well we are Romans
    just vexing my fellow peer. How about quarantine
    Senator Marcus Metella Triaria/Patrician by Blood/Apprentice of Senator Clavdivs Optimvs Decimvs

Senator

ooc: would you talk like this if you were a politician

Senators, my young pupil is just a bit hot headed. Let him learn more and discuss with us; soon he'll have the air of a true Senator!
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

Winter's Avatar Civitate

If you want some examples of proper senate speech, please read up on some of the past terms in the senate records. Alternatively, I can give you a link to some English translations of Cicero, but they are a bit confusing in parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

(senator Octavius's impenetreble guard of 45 with ridiculously strong powers and force field stand up and Octavius belows)You may try to take me away Senator Marcus!!how do we stand on the quarantine,by the way

Senator

Well we are Romans
    just vexing my fellow peer. How about quarantine
    Don't worry, young pupil. This issue is under vote, and soon we can improve the public infrastructure of Rome to fight the plague. But many will die until so, sadly...

Thank you Senator Lucius

Senator

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I'm sure the city prefects have considered quarantine themselves.

and you master

Senator

We're all safe, of course, for now.

Senators!Senator Marcus has threatned my life this will not stand!

Senator

Winter's Avatar Civitate

No one is your master here, we are all equals. Since he is your tutor, call him patron.

How so senator?

*Cato the Younger stands in anger*

Inpentrable guard of 45 huh?
    Would you like to wager them again my 6 legions senator?

Watch your tounge senator, or you and your guards will become missing..

and thats Consvl Cato to you boy
    Last edited by 68 Powers; January 04, 2008 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    No one is your master here, we are all equals. Since he is your tutor, call him patron.

How so senator?
    Of course, Senator. But then, I don't see the problem with this name, for now .

Senators, I'm laughing deeply here. Would you stop that petty quarreling and discuss Rome, please ! Order here!

haha i know lmao.
    what are we to do if gaul takes the north? should we even wait intil they do that?

(Octavius stands up) Et Tu Cato?!or will my 1,000,0000,0000,000theatres with all superpowers that are known and forcefield wielding have to answer it for you??

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Powers View Post
    haha i know lmao.
    what are we to do if gaul takes the north? should we even wait intil they do that?
    Senior Consul, I have the firm standing that if the Gauls cross the Alps, then we must wage war for Cisalpine Gaul. And that includes annexing our barbarian neighbors, if needed.

*Cato now ignoring the mewling woman standing up and bableing on about some kind of powers.*

If anything senators, if we see gaul even make an attempt to take the northern tribes i propose we move our legions via ships and take massilia and the city next to it.