Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

A motion to give the Senior Consul the power of Praetor Urbanus. He is responible for ugrading all government, health, and education infrastructure in peacetime. This right can only be revoked by the censor.
    Keep discussing.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Thats okay. We'll manage

A motion to give the Senior Consul the power of Praetor Urbanus. He is responible for ugrading all government, health, and education infrastructure in peacetime. This right can only be revoked by the censor.

If no one else wants to discuss this I'd like to call it to a vote. We should get it done before Cato brings us back his new report and we forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian Octavius View Post
    Guys I won't be on for a while, I'm switching to my other computer
    ooc: No problem, we don't have rigid schedules here.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

"I agree on this proposal;Well,I am away,Senators... I will retire from the debates for the rest of the day.

A pleasure always!"
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Thats okay. We'll manage

If no one else wants to discuss this I'd like to call it to a vote. We should get it done before Cato brings us back his new report and we forget about it.
    Senator, let's hear what the Senior Consul has to say, of course. When he comes back.

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

*Cato walks in quickly with two gaurds and his hand over his mouth.*

Senators i haev terrible news.. Roma have been cursed with plauge
    i dont know whats going around or whos spreading it but i want it too stop or roma will take vengence. because of this emergency, i am sorry sentors i have went ahead and built the pro-consuls palace to expand the city and built sewers in the cities that dont have any for health measurs. i am sorry if i disapointed you all but my intensions were good.

I found the main host of the conferadition of gauls. all other cities have very small garrisons but are content. There is also a full stack heading to massilia i dont know if they captured the city yet.

Last edited by 68 Powers; January 04, 2008 at 09:52 PM.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

The Plague? We must fight this terrible curse that is killing everything around the Senate, Senators!

I love plagues!
    Senator Marcus Metella Triaria/Patrician by Blood/Apprentice of Senator Clavdivs Optimvs Decimvs
    Leader of the Praetorian Cohort

Leader of PraetorianCohort
    Senator

Winter's Avatar Civitate

We should build health infrastructure. In other words, lets vote on that bill. Also good job on finding the Gauls.

ooc: Try to stay in character, Octavius

Wait,is it here??!Senators?!!
    Senator Marcus Metella Triaria/Patrician by Blood/Apprentice of Senator Clavdivs Optimvs Decimvs

Senator

OK, so I call it a vote!

Gratia I
    Contra N
    Abstinere N

Winter's Avatar Civitate

A motion to give the Senior Consul the power of Praetor Urbanus. He is responsible for upgrading all government, health, and education infrastructure in peacetime. This right can only be revoked by the censor.

Gratia II
    Contra N
    Abstinere N

A motion to give the Senior Consul the power of Praetor Urbanus. He is responsible for upgrading all government, health, and education infrastructure in peacetime. This right can only be revoked by the censor.

Gratia III
    Contra N
    Abstinere N

Wait,is it here??!Senators?!!
    I'm affraid it is, young pupil. You better watch your family!

(takes deep breath and prepares for the longest speach in eternity)Oh woe!For the stars have comunicated such travesty to the Vestal Virgins!A plague on the steps of democracy,on the floor of debacled freedom, on the sight of the eagle himself.The bloodlines of patricians bleed before the paved roads of Lyberty.A plague,which by the God's doing,condemn us to the thousand crosses that lined our paths. For the victims we sent to the gates of Pluto's
    nightmares return to cruzify us to the chains of horrid platonic plagues like the one that has made its way to our most valued home!senators,I move to
    make a motion for underground aqueducts.
    (ooc: I am studiyng Shakespearean literature and yes,this monologue is copyrighted,look it up)

Senator

i dont support underground aqueducts are you mad senator? you know how long that will take plus we have sewers in every settlement from here to croton!
    We just have to wait it out inless you suggest we take every plauged roman and kill them..

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian Octavius View Post
    (takes deep breath and prepares for the longest speach in eternity)Oh woe!For the stars have comunicated such travesty to the Vestal Virgins!A plague on the steps of democracy,on the floor of debacled freedom, on the sight of the eagle himself.The bloodlines of patricians bleed before the paved roads of Lyberty.A plague,which by the God's doing,condemn us to the thousand crosses that lined our paths. For the victims we sent to the gates of Pluto's
    nightmares return to cruzify us to the chains of horrid platonic plagues like the one that has made its way to our most valued home!senators,I move to
    make a motion for underground aqueducts.
    (ooc: I am studiyng Shakespearean literature and yes,this monologue is copyrighted,look it up)
    The motion is already going on. It will allow the Consul to build health buildings at his will.

And despite the way we talk here, we don't need such kind of confuse speeches. Be clear, direct, but sophisticated like a Senator .

I should make my mopnologue longer

Senator

I agree with Senator Marcus's horrid descicion!but I implore you Senator Marcus let the children watch muahahahaha

Senator

Winter's Avatar Civitate

No actually the point was not to have long confusing speeches. Shakespearian language isn't right for this atmosphere.