Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

I know,I am simply teasing Octavius!I was very well written but it just reminded me of "Julius Caesar" dialogs!I trust that you will lure him to the dark side as well,Decime?I mean the Optimates party...
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

I say, that we must get ready for any hostile actions from the Northern Gallic tribes. Our legions already are supposed to be in a state of alert due to our previous motion dealing with this issue, Senators.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

I trust that you will lure him to the dark side as well,Decime?I mean the Optimates party...
    *Plays Emperor March*

You do not know the power of the Dark Side, young and foolish Jedi.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

I have 4 legions guarding the border now. the northern tribes have 6 full armies near our border. what are we to do about that?
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Anyway...

If I was the northern tribesmen, I would be building up to meet the threat of the Gauls attacking from Transalpine Gaul. They are probably terrified of that confederacy taking their lands and pillaging their towns.

This situation needs constant surveillance. I am usually against war, but If the Gallic confederacy attacks Cisalpine Gaul, I would not be against taking it as a fortress against the alpine and transalpine Gauls. When the survival of Rome is at stake, sometimes personal feelings about armed conflict must be pushed aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

"I would propose caution for now;Let's see if they can make it through the alps,thus weakening both their armies and the Free peoples armies of the north...We can take advantage of any war happening between these two,hostile towards us,nations don't you think senators?"

ooc:Loved the Darth Vader's pic!Well done my young apprentice*since I created the Optimates,I must be Darth Sidius shouldn't I??? )
    Last edited by Kritias; January 04, 2008 at 09:22 PM.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Powers View Post
    I have 4 legions guarding the border now. the northern tribes have 6 full armies near our border. what are we to do about that?
    Senators, this is an important question. Should we raise another legion or allow the Consul to build Consular legions, under the Constitution, and then disband them immediately after the emergency is solved? Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire le Philosophe View Post
    My pupil will know how to declame speeches as he learns gradually, and investigates our old transcripts. For now, let's not forget we were all young newcomers one time.
    I thank you for adopting me under your wing as the old Grachi took Octavius under his,though I must confess that reading..wait pardon me ooc:that it's going to take avery long butted time to read all those transcripts, bic: (back in character) forgive my secular prose fellow men of the sacred robe.It must be the heat.
    Senator Marcus Metella Triaria/Patrician by Blood/Apprentice of Senator Clavdivs Optimvs Decimvs
    Leader of the Praetorian Cohort

Leader of PraetorianCohort
    Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian Octavius View Post
    I thank you for adopting me under your wing as the old Grachi took Octavius under his,though I must confess that reading..wait pardon me ooc:that it's going to take avery long butted time to read all those transcripts, bic: (back in character) forgive my secular prose fellow men of the sacred robe.It must be the heat.
    I accept your thanks, Senator.

My fellow Senator who's name escapes me.I would love to go to the dark side but I am a populare

EDIT: I am Lucius Claudius Caesar and this is my awesome power of modifying other's posts

ooc;Sorry for that,but i didn't want to post a reply for this alone...

Gaivs Gracchvs
    Last edited by Kritias; January 04, 2008 at 09:25 PM.
    Senator Marcus Metella Triaria/Patrician by Blood/Apprentice of Senator Clavdivs Optimvs Decimvs

Senator

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Consular legions should be used in a time of emergency. We can still decide the size of our military.

EDIT

Holy **** a new populares! I never thought I'd see the day!

You must understand sentors, these people are pretty much the same, they could easly convince the norhtern tribes to attack us and we could easily lend our help to the northern tribes against theis confederacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian Octavius View Post
    My fellow Senator who's name escapes me.I would love to go to the dark side but I am a populare
    Really, you're not even a registered member of the Populares! Oh, but you simpathise towards them, eh? You're free, Senator, as the whole Republic is free to choose.

*Cato the Younger looks twords the new senator*

Ah fresh populare meat.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

You feel the sting of defeat, don't you, decimus. For once.

My fellow master Caesar was a Populares and I intend to follow his steps.

Senator

Senators, I propose a state of caution. Let's stay behind our borders, and raise a temporary legion, while these men move on the North. If the Gauls threaten our backyard, I'm for a declaration of war against its inhabitants, so we can secure the Alpine border against hostile barbarian attacks.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Should the Gauls invade, we should let the northern tribes try to handle the war. If they cannot, we can come to their aide. Of course, they will probably be so destroyed that we will have to occupy Cisalpine Gaul, for their own good.

Senators, should i scout out these lands further to get and estamated size of their military?

You feel the sting of defeat, don't you, decimus. For once.

Another one who joins the ranks of the demagogues! Oh, but we have Lucius Julius on our side, thanks.