Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

Also the Northern tribes build up is becoming huge. hopfully they dont turn against us and use it on the gallic onslaught before them

Our very own Roma demands a Pro-Consvls Palace be build i await your go on that descion.

Carthage, has take a strong foothold in a mysterious land called spain i hear it is litered with mines and minerals.

OCC: i cant edit images for anything so just look at the map for the info.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

"Senators with this new threat on our borders,this phantom menace(star wars ftw) that is casting its shadow on this marble floor of the Curia,I propose a motion;To station several spies in the North to monitor all of Cisilpine Gaul for moves of our enemies.As you can well understand,our ancient enemies are returning to claim Northern Italy for themselves and while it does harm me to say so,Rome should make all possible moves to avoid this catastrophe;Even if that would mean further Legions conscription to scale the military balance to our side or even war to expel the children of Brennus from our borders..."
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian Octavius View Post
    When the Lombards invaded Rome the Romans had to rely on the Franks for
    help.In laymen terms:Get Barbarian Allies.
    ooc: this didn't happen yet.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

OCC: Peaetorian we are roleplaying so make up a character and act like a roman senator thanks

As much i would hate to say this so soon, the only thing i can think of is to take northern italy and hold it, we would have narrow mountain passes and rvers for our defense!
    i know gallic men do not like diplomacy as much as us romans.

OCC: yeah cheating.. im not down for cheating and we are only 10 years into the game, so can you roleplay now please much appreciated.

Senators, I believe that moving most of our legions to the Northern border after retraining them will be enough to build a defensive wall of men while we prepare our spies. Don't forget to keep an eye on Segesta and Bononia, and check what they're planning inside their tribes.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

Senators, am I mistaken, or the Plebs in Asculum is dying because of the Plague? We must take domestic providences immediately.

i am quelled that plauge senator no worries.

All,hail the newest senator in our ranks;Marcvs Metella Triaria(Praetorian Octavius),a noble patrician.

ooc;From now on start role playing your character Octavius;As if you would playing d&d,if you need something for reference!

and don't quote whole consular reports!Some may have rather slow internet connections and loading the same pictures twice is somewhat frustrating!

EDIT:I deleted all non-RP posts for the sake of our readers
    Last edited by Kritias; January 04, 2008 at 09:08 PM.

ooooooooooooppppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssss
    In that case I send all3,000 legions to Spain!muahahaha Im kidding
    Let's say I have 3 legions at my command,that kind of thing?
    ooc: Don't forget to read the Constitution first, and only Consuls can command armies. Also, act like you're in front of the Senate, speaking, not like in a web forum .

Vis a vis the Gallic forces' acts are furthermore erroneous and dastardly,not of course adressing what just reached my auditory organs about their conspiracy.that kind of language?
    Senator Marcus Metella Triaria/Patrician by Blood/Apprentice of Senator Clavdivs Optimvs Decimvs
    Leader of the Praetorian Cohort

Leader of PraetorianCohort
    Senator

shake
    occ: sake, Gracchus. Sake .

Vis a vis the Gallic forces' acts are furthermore erroneous and dastardly,not of course adressing what just reached my auditory organs about their conspiracy.that kind of language?
    ooc: Yes, and don't forget to address us as "Senator, Tribune", a language you would make with speeches. Read our posts, and learn with us .

Vis a vis the Gallic forces' acts are furthermore erroneous and dastardly,not of course adressing what just reached my auditory organs about their conspiracy my revered Senators.likethat?
    Senator Marcus Metella Triaria/Patrician by Blood/Apprentice of Senator Clavdivs Optimvs Decimvs

Senator

alright look at our posts.. get ideas from that now lets get back on topic.

Vis a vis the Gallic forces' acts are furthermore erroneous and dastardly,not of course adressing what just reached my auditory organs about their conspiracy my revered Senators.likethat?
    Young Senator Triaria, you'll learn with time. I'll teach you, and announce officialy that you're my pupil, and I'm your tutor, until you give your first free steps on the Senate of Rome.

ooc:Spare me!Its 5 in the morning over here,its an effect from tiredness no doubt!!!

Octavie,nice effort but somewhat a Shakespearian dialog don't you think???

Nay my fellow Senator, for it is 11:00 here ,haha.Forgive my involuntary carcahades and let us carry on about.

Senator

Octavie,nice effort but somewhat a Shakespearian dialog don't you think???
    My pupil will know how to declame speeches as he learns gradually, and investigates our old transcripts. For now, let's not forget we were all young newcomers one time.

*The consvl rubbing his head staring at the floor*

Alright now that we have gotten the new senators speech issues out of the way senators.
    It looks like, from the pappers i have gotten from my spies and diplomates, that this descion will make or break the republic.
    what will our course of action be senators?