Thread: Temple structure?

Default Temple structure?

I'm playing a Arverni campaign with unmodded XGMD patched to v0.848b and the attached edb is the original from the installed files.

what I'm confused about is this,
    temple_of_battle_shrine requires itself built before it can be constructed.
    this means it can never be constructed! the majority of temples are like this in the edb...

why is this?

can the coder explain how the temple system works? obviously there are complex ways to get the desired outcome but i don't know what the achievable goals are to be able to choose a path to take.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Temple structure?

Please download the latest version from the downloads topic.
    The old version required a certain faction OR building already present to continue building it.
    The latest version doesn't allow re-building other faction's temples.

thanks Red fox, I'd d/l all these patches previously and installed them but because the file names and the instructions were completely different (even the version on the instructions had no corresponding file) i must have installed the latest first and v838b over it. there isn't even a 838b in your instructions.

well its obvious these four files that i have downloaded from this thread are supposed to be named differently or the thread should be updated or something because this is a complete mess.

a suggestion, release a compiled file that is up to date and offer the patches separate for those who have been following each patch as they are released. the full up to date release can be scraped when a new patch is created thus a new up to date compiled build can be made available.

in the meantime i'll re-download these patches one at a time and take written notes which file name is 'patch 1' patch 2' patch 3' so i know which order to install.

Uh, yeah, sorry about those filenames... I wasn't planning for such an extensive array of updates, so the structure of updating changed over the time.
    I figured people would just download the files and install them without any problem - guess I was a bit wrong.

I'll fix those names in a sec.

EDIT: Changed the filenames, hopefully it will make more sense now.

Patch 1 v0.83b - XGM-Diadochi_v0.8b_patch1.exe
    Patch 2 v0.84b - XGM-Diadochi_v0.8b_patch2.exe
    Patch 3 v0.849 - XGM-Diadochi_v0.8b_patch3_4.9.exe

Patch 1 name, Update3.exe was actually meant to sign the ver 0.83b...

Sorry again for the confusion.
    Last edited by RedFox; January 06, 2008 at 09:20 AM.

Excellent!,
    I would give you +rep for that little bit of work but the forums says in need to spread it around a little....

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

There doesn´t seem to be any temples for Epirus to build.

BTW Excellent job with the new upload. Will start a new epirote campaign tomorrow.

Athenogoras:
    By the gods - that is correct! For some reason they don't have any ownership to temples.
    Nice spot though, I'll get it fixed right away