Thread: The Fourth Age--Next Release, Factions Questions

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

Default The Fourth Age--Next Release, Factions Questions

I'll probably get reamed for asking this, but I couldn't find anything quickly through the search engine and figured I'd go ahead and stick my neck out here:

The FAQ lists the following factions as being in the mod:

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    Arnor, Dunland, Dwarves, Easterlings, Elves, Gondor, Harad, Orcs, Rohan, Rebel Gondor [will be renamed], and Variags.
    Obviously, the FAQ is more than a bit out of date (since it still refers to Rebel Gondor), but I was wondering if the mod will eventually be expanded/updated to include all of these factions. I would love to get the chance to play the kingdom of Erebor, for example. So, I suppose my question boils down to: Is the Fourth Age mod still being worked on in the sense of making additions to list of available factions (and the necessary map additions to accomodate them), and, if so, is there any information on when the next "round" might be coming down the pipe?

Cheers.

Edit: As a clarification, I'm specifically referring to the campaign, not just to custom battles. I forgot that the dwarves, elves, and Dalemen are available in custom battles--however, I'm interested in whether or not we'll be seeing Arnor, Erebor, and so forth in the campaign.
    Last edited by Landwalker; January 03, 2008 at 08:00 PM.

Default Re: The Fourth Age--Next Release, Factions Questions

Indeed, that FAQ is seriously out of date... FATW is still being worked on of course. But as a policy the Team does not discuss the future; this usually tends to create many more problems that those it solves. So you'll have to be patient. Rest assured though, we are still developing FATW and we have absolutely no intention of stopping atm.

For the most up-to-date info I recommend you visit the official site and forums - www.thefourthage.org - where we can edit, update, delete and add content at will.
    Last edited by Aradan; January 04, 2008 at 04:37 AM.

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

I suppose that means we'll be kept in the dark as to which faction we can see next, then. Ah, well, thanks for the clarification, and for not chewing me up.

Cheers.

Ah btw, I think it is stated somewhere that if/when the map expands, Dale, Elves and Dwarves will get into the campaign. (That's a dim light in the complete darkness, no? )

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Ah btw, I think it is stated somewhere that if/when the map expands, Dale, Elves and Dwarves will get into the campaign. (That's a dim light in the complete darkness, no? )
    very nice, i do hope that the map will expand further north for the 3.0 release. it does make sense since the map expanded for the 2.0 release also.
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

With that said, I believe I'll wait for now until that has become possible before playing Fourth Age again.

Hi loving the mod brill work

my fav guys from the movies were these guys from the easterlings and haradim any chance in the future releases one of your class modders can include these guys

and maybe tweaking the haradim archers and spearmen to look more evil like this dude

again top class mod guys

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Glad you are enjoying the mod. We do not use concepts from the films however.

The Lord of the Rings: Total War bases some of its units off these guys though (assigned as Easterlings as lotr:tw follows the movies, even though they are Haradrim).

You can see one of these units in the Multi-Mod Sampler which is in my sig. link below. Thx.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

thanks for info MasterOfNone didnt know abt the other mod, oh yeah your right abt the film easterlings they are flying the haradim flag
    directors these days