Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

d
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 27, 2008 at 09:17 AM.

I will be off for almost 3 weeks from now, good luck to you, and all beta testers!
    Hey I resent that comment my mod is no longer a beta but completed. In fact this is probably ready to sell in the shops lol.

Btw you could have just given me the link to that thread.. Well here it is below and here is dave scarface's reply. Ofc you guys never complain about easy AI in my mod do you? You know the AI attacks with strong armies in my mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=143109

best
    Dave

d
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 27, 2008 at 09:18 AM.

d

@OSDEA7,

Here is the export_descr_unit.txt I edited to add Mounted Longbowmen recruitable in the campaign. Just place this in the mods data folder and it will copy over the old one. I've tested this and it works without any crashes.

EDIT: Sorry mate I attached the wrong file.. here you go try it now.. I was busy doing other things at the same time lol.

Attachment removed
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 17, 2008 at 06:11 AM.

d

d

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

if you want game harder
    very easy
    don't bring full number
    i never reach a full stack number even i face the mongol
    alway face enemy have much more number than me
    most of the battle i win
    lost isn't a word i must hear much enough to chage my think
    often i created a army with 3 sword+3 spear+2heavy knight+2 light cavalry+ a general
    if i play England or the italy i add some archer or crossbow
    if you alway bring a full stack it is hard to face you but if they over your number you can't win(i see it once when i play this mod first time they have 3 stacks and i have one-> no one can win this battle)
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Is there any possibility to remove quantity of units from flag of army on strat map??? Then spies will be more useful...

Is there any possibility to remove quantity of units from flag of army on strat map??? Then spies will be more useful...
    No, but I believe you can make spies have a greater chance of success in the descr_campaign_db.XML.

Dave

Update

I am currently working on another update which will change a few things.

-Armour upgrades for NE_Bodyguard, Knights Hospitaller and Knights Templar are fixed.
    -Scots guard are now available in the campaign for France.
    -Garrison script improved slightly, also extended with 10 more important settlements getting the script. Alexandria, Acre, Krak de chavaliers, Toulouse, Corinth, Nottingham, Palermo, Kiev, Bran, Bologna.
    -The city of Kiev now starts as one of the top 5 cities in the world.
    -New map textures thanks to DLV mod.
    -Added a few new regions around the Baltic.
    -Mangonels now not available from catapult_range. I've decided they appear a little to early now, therefore you cannot build them until siege_works.
    -Rebalanced a few unit stats for some new Kingdoms units.
    -A few further tweaks to the recruit_priority_offset.

This will probably be the last update I work on for this mod (unless any bugs appear). My americas patch project will get finished some time next month. Thats all for now.

best
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 27, 2008 at 03:33 PM.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

hey wait in this time moscow already larger than Kiev
    is moscow a large city too ?
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

No, Moscow is not a great city at this time, Novgorod in the north is the second most wealthy region in russia.

I think Teutonic chapter available for Poland is a bad idea. Teutonic were longtime adversary of Poland. They were templars chapters, perhaps hospitallers (but I'm not sure), but teutonic, certainly not.
    For the new unit's balance: wich units will you change? Dont forget to make the additions!
    Will be this patch save-game compatible?
    To vietanh: Moscow was founded in the 13th century, it was a little city to the 15th. Big cities were Kiev and Novgorod at this time.

I think Teutonic chapter available for Poland is a bad idea. Teutonic were longtime adversary of Poland. They were templars chapters, perhaps hospitallers (but I'm not sure), but teutonic, certainly not.
    Well since Teutonic knights were involved very much with things in the eastern europe. It seems logical for Teutonic knights to be available for recruitment in the east. And try to remember this is just a game. This change gives another good unit to Poland, therefore it is a good change like it or not. If you don't like it simply dont build the teutonic_knights_chapter_house.

Will be this patch save-game compatible?
    No, saved games will crash because this update adds new regions. So the sensible thing to do would be not to download this update until you finish your current campaign.

Dave

I will perhaps don't build teutonic chapter if I play Poland, but AI will certainly do... and Poland have a lot of good cavalery unit (polish guard, polish knights, hussards...). Teutonic knights are the only very good german cavalery unit in the game (gothic are now pretty but not so strong as polish knights or guards). It won't be to easy for strong-cavalery factions like Poland if they have Teutonic too?

Why does this even matter when Teutonic Knights have the same unit stats as Knights Templar and Knights Hospitaller? And every catholic faction can already build a guild_st_johns_chapter_house or a guild_templars_chapter_house.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 27, 2008 at 01:54 PM.

Okay, due to these complaints I'm not going to make Teutonic knights available to anymore catholic factions. If you guys are not happy with this then I won't include it.

Dave

This attached export_descr_character_traits.txt has no bugs with negative traits.
    Messages about them You could see after the first run of Grand campaign in log-file.

I can't only correct errors with Crusade/Jihad history traits, because then there is need to create two new antitraits. May be someone will...

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 17, 2008 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Why does this even matter when Teutonic Knights have the same unit stats as Knights Templar and Knights Hospitaller? And every catholic faction can already build a guild_st_johns_chapter_house or a guild_templars_chapter_house.

Dave
    The Teutonic have the same stats as other monks-soldiers, but they have maces, so they are a little better in hand-to-hand fight. It makes a little original touch for HRE... but it isn't vital for me. Your job is fantastic, Dave, and I wait with impatience your last update.