Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

All my castles still look like teutonic castle on the map. It is normal?

Yes, though the americas update I have planned will also give red brick castles to factions around the baltic for HRE, Denmark, Poland and Russia

Ah ok. You didn't change south-european castle in the new update? Note that don't change anything for me, I like the teutonic-look-like castle, I want just know if there is no bug in my game.

Oh that, yeah sorry I changed south european castles to use the new and better northern model. If you want to change this back though go to SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\models_strat\residences and delete these new files below:

southern_european_castle.cas
    southern_european_fortress.cas
    southern_european_large_castle.cas
    southern_european_stone_keep.cas
    southern_european_wooden_castle.cas

My mod will now use the original southern european castle models from vanilla.

Dave

@Rodrigo

Please tell of how your campaigns are playing out as Spain, do you find it tough going against this AI? How do you cope against the moorish threat? and do you find taking Cordoba difficult with the cities garrison script? And is France beating you back? I look forward to hearing your feedback on this.

Also I only want to hear feedback from other people who are playing a VH campaign. What faction are you playing and are you struggling to reach your victory conditions in your campaigns?

many thanks
    Dave

I'm playing with HRE witn a VH campaign. I was attacked by denmark; thanks to my numerous alliances I'm quiet with the others borders, but the fight against the danes is difficult. Now it is an epic struggle between Hamburg and Aarhus, with a lot of big battles, and i'm not always the winner. Challenging, good...I wait for the updated patch...

The patch has already been updated today But this only fixes 3 small bugs. For more new features you will have to wait for the coming americas patch.

Also Id just like to point out to everyone that by making a lot of allies at the start. You are making things a lot easier on yourself. In my current campaign as Poland I only allied with Hungary at the start for the best challenge. Fighting Russia though has been a challenge and Kiev has changed hands a few times. I now have Smolensk captured though and have it upgraded to a fortress. Meanwhile the mongols have just gone to war against Antioch and it was awesome to watch. Antioch managed to withhold the first wave of mongols but now the second wave has come and kicked Antioch out of their fortress at Tbilisi. Also Byzantium pushed my ally Hungary back all the way to Budapest. When I saw this with my spies, I rushed down an army with many Templar knights and made a last stand with Hungary at Budapest against 4 stacks from byzantium. It was awesome and now Hungary is on the counter attack. This means though I am now at war with Russias ally as well. And Byzantium is the overall strongest faction in the campaign. Its a brilliant campaign and I am waiting to see who the Mongols go for next

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 20, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

what is the end year of your mod?
    i want to take over all european with my army the only thing i need is time
    egypt under my leg after 25 turn and turk is my next target ,the moor will be the last islam then i come to Antioch to put the end of my ally
    surely one thing that the france and papal state will be my enemy(because them arrested all temple's knights in history)
    who block my army's way will be throw away^^"
    Jerusalem :Long live the king!
    Last edited by vietanh797; January 20, 2008 at 09:06 AM.
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

@dave scarface
    Let me see if i understand corectly!
    Have you placed stone forts in your mod like the "english"part of "kingdoms" or forts(wooden)is a generall's abillity like 1st version of M2TW?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

@vietanh797,

What was your tactic to beat Egypt in 25 turns? are you playing on VH/VH? and did you use any cheats? If not I am very impressed because it took me over 70 turns to eliminate Egypt playing as KOJ. Did you call a crusade against them? Also what was the battle for Cairo like? I gave Egypt a strong garrison including the elite Hashishim. Btw Im going to be adding the mamluk uprising to this mod making a full stack of battle hardened mamluks appearing in the campaign at about 70 turns in. And the campaign runs from 1180 to 1400. With 0.5 turns per year thats 440 turns to achieve world domination. Good luck!

If anyone wins their campaign and gets all their victory conditions please post a screenshot of it here and show everyone what a great player you are
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 20, 2008 at 09:51 AM.

Hi AnthoniusII,

I just placed a few forts on the campaign map at the start in and around the holy land (no where else). And yes they are stone forts on the battlemap not wooden. But all other forts built in the campaign by human or AI after then will be wooden, until the new patch finally comes for Kingdoms... I hope that answers your question.

Dave

d
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 27, 2008 at 09:14 AM.

You're right for alliance... I didn't ally with all the neighbours of HRE, Poland ask for an alliance since 30 turns, but I refuse all the time, I want to be attatcked by them! But I should be to mighty. Howewer, the war with Denmark is a good challenge, thanks to the capital garrison script.

Dave have you figured out why the mounted longbowmen are in every Mod made---in file(export_descr_unit text file) but not in the game?It also says it's a English owned unit.
    Haha one day I will get this working I promise you But right now Im still learning how to add new units. This unit was never fully implemented into Kingdoms, it was added in the EDU but doesn't appear in any of the Kingdoms campaigns. And there is no entry for it in the Kingdoms MODELDB. Find me a mod that adds these units and I will try and get permission to copy this into my mod.

@Blackader

Yeah I noticed this too, playing as HRE your biggest threat usually comes from France. Once France start to invade you will really be in trouble trust me. I think Poland is in a war with Russia all the time and won't take on HRE because they cant fight on two fronts. Remember Poland is a small faction between two giants Russia and HRE. To attack them both would be certain defeat!

All the best
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 20, 2008 at 11:19 AM.

@Blackader

Are you playing a long campaign as HRE? and if so do you think you will be able to capture the 45 regions required in your win conditions? You are only involved in one big war against Demark atm. But your gonna have to take out the northern italian states and another neighbour as well to get your victory. And that will put you on a collision course with the Papal states somewhere down the line... What is your long term strategy? thanks and good luck!

p.s its not looking like Im gonna get 40 regions in my Poland campaign atm :hmmm:

Dave

I make a long campaign with HRE, yes. I like to take my time, I think I can take 45 regions, but the last will be taken short before the end of the game. France doesn't trouble me at this time, they are in war agaisnt England, and England loose the british islands (because fo the scotts) but hold firmly the continental possessions. It was a riot in Bruges and I have taken Bruges, and the French didn't make something. I have a lot of money, I can builds several armies if I need it.
    My strategy is: win against the Denmark, they are at the point to take Hamburg, I'm making an huge army to retake it and take Aarhus, I will probably need two armies. After... well, I think France will at last win against England, I will launch an attack against Reims, Dijon and Marseille. After that, a general attack against Poland, in order to make the Baltic as a german lake. And after, a triomphal march to Rome, via the northern Italy. But it isn't a very clearly plan, it's likely thaht unexpected events or attacks will change that.

i can say that i not use any cheat the most useful tactic is use the navy to att alexandria then when they back to att me i att al salway make their army become many small part then i make battle with each part it is easy if they can't take advantage in number
    so it is why i say that i want more Jihad
    i luncher 2 crusader with them the first is in turn 6 to Alexandria but only me join this crusader the second is around turn 18(most of the christedom join it) to Cairo even i att them very hard(they have been suffer after 3 large battle)
    in battle they use camel,archer,gunlam and dismounted gunlam as their main army i use heavy cavalry as main army combine with the spearmen and some archer
    I lost only two battle the first is the suprise when i fall in hand of three full stack but it not happen again when i know how the AI work i can easily defeat them
    the second is a suprise too they don't att my town but my fort in heavy att(160 knight againts about 2000 enemy)i can't help them so i lost
    in turn 24 there are a Jihad to Jerusalem both Moor and Turk att me but i easily kill their general with my assasin then their army auto disband

sorry for my bad English

sorry for my bad English
    Hey no problem at all buddy, and thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I can only speak english and no other language me...

I think your tactic to beat Egypt by going round the back and taking Alexandria was a great tactic Genghis Khan himself would have been proud lol. I fight Egypt the hard way and had to win many great battles. It was hard but I managed it in the end. Let me know what happens later in your campaign, I think its going to get interesting.

thanks
    Dave

surely i like do it with great battle but my graphic card can't afford this battle so i must do battle with 3 full stack(max) if get more it be very lag

Icon6 Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    @Rodrigo

Please tell of how your campaigns are playing out as Spain, do you find it tough going against this AI? How do you cope against the moorish threat? and do you find taking Cordoba difficult with the cities garrison script? And is France beating you back? I look forward to hearing your feedback on this.

Also I only want to hear feedback from other people who are playing a VH campaign. What faction are you playing and are you struggling to reach your victory conditions in your campaigns?

many thanks
    Dave
    Well sometimes AI wins.... But I'm more cunning...
    Because, on first turns I get in alliance with Pope (money+map information) and France (2 marriage alliances). This helps to cope both moorish threat (I ask for crusade against moors) and France...

What about garrison script... I'm not sure how it should work (really have no time to read all information on twcenter...), but there was huge amount of moors (85-95% of full stack)... That's why I have to bring two full stacks for siege (also I've blocked with ships Gibraltar strait between Iberian Peninsula and Africa - so moors can't bring reinforcements even if they wanted. Unfortunately they didn't want... )...

As You can see I don't want synthetic complication of game... Because it's not a shooter, but strategy...