Page 1 of 98 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

Default Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

If you download my Kingdoms mod please be kind enough to leave me your feedback.

This will help me to make any changes that might be required.

Or Just feel free if you like to tell of your great campaign moments

Dave

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

D
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 27, 2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: d

Hi OSDEA7 and welcome back

About adding more units, well my mod already includes every single new unit from the Crusades campaign as well as making mangonels recruitable for many more factions. I've also added more units into the grand campaign like Dismounted Gothic Knights. So there is no shortage of new units. Also since Kingdoms updated the game it made nearly all infantry units recruitable from the walls. I dont like this and have gone back to recruitment from the barracks. In saying all that though I would like to add some of the new units from Kingdoms at some point. But its pretty hard to get this to work as Im sure you can appreciate. Please be patient and I will try my best.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 05, 2008 at 07:16 AM.

Hey Dave Scarface...

I started a thread that deals with creating an AI army unit cap....When I started it I had just lost all of my modding work that I had done since MTW2 came out in the states...Needless to say I have had to start totally from scratch and I'm depending heavily on Mod works, due to the complexities related to kingdoms features being combined with the vanilla campaign...Thus far I've tried every mod that attempts to bring in kingdoms features...I've decided to concentrate on yours, in part, due to your clean and well organized file setup...IE recruiting setup, stable factions with perfect faction text, etc... From what I've seen, you have alot to be proud of...

OK, let's get down to the nitty gritty...I am testing your campaign with the Russian faction since in general they are the most secluded at the start of the campaign...this isn't entirely true with your mods faction setup...It's here that I found a sound issue...The polish attack one of my southernly provinces with siege equipment...With my archers shotting down from the city walls at the advancing Poles, I start getting loud sound distortions???the game remains stable, but the sound has to be shut off...I installed the vanilla text files, as well as the kingdoms crusade sound text to your mod folder..."reboot" the sound folder idx and dat files...Now I'll test it again and see if I get the same problem...

Icon14 Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

Ok... The sound issues were related to the sound card options...Sorry if I erroneously related the problem to your mod...Nonetheless all went well with the aforementioned scenerio when tested twice...
    I have to say, you've done an excellent job with this mod extremely stable and wonderful content selection as far as textures, map, and kingdoms additions go...

Thank you for your compliments Radioman and I am VERY relieved to hear that the sounds are working okay LOL. At first when I made this mod it was a ***** to get all the sounds working. First sounds wouldn't work for Jerusalem and Antioch on the strat map. Then I fixed that and lost the sound effects to boiling oil and other retrofit sounds. Figured out how to get it all working in the end and I think every sound in my mod now works perfectly. So I'm glad I didn't have to mod the sounds again. BTW I hope you like the Kingdoms music as well in the campaign and in battles
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 04, 2008 at 01:13 PM.

That's what I mean...You've brought together all of these features and made them work flawlessly...I'll have to turn on the music since I had it off before I installed your mod...Right now I'm just getting the Aztecs automated with ships and resource buildings...If I can't get them to usurp the new world and then move to Arguin in 15 moves, then something was changed after the 1.3 patch??? Sadly that means I'll have to reverse my efforts back to MTW2 1.2... You're Mod is my last hope, if I could just get them to leave mexico....:hmmm:

d
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 27, 2008 at 09:04 AM.

After ten hours of toiling with the Aztecs...I came upon your mp3's while running tests with the Sicilian faction...Nice period specific "string and harp and flute" arrangements

I was just wondering..why not include the other Old World factions, Norway,Ireland,Wales, Lithuania and Novgorod into the game as well as there are sufficient provinces with BigMap aren't there...That would be so grand and world-spanning...Pleaaase

There is a limitation of factions that can be included. Can not remember how many but it is limited by the engine of the game.
    I think that better solution would be to attach some other units to existing factions. Some lithuanian units could be added to Polish and Russian faction, some of teutonic units could be added to other factions after building chapter house and so on.

I was just wondering..why not include the other Old World factions, Norway,Ireland,Wales, Lithuania and Novgorod into the game as well as there are sufficient provinces with BigMap aren't there...That would be so grand and world-spanning...Pleaaase
    See FAQ no more Kingdoms factions to be added sorry.

Quote:
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 27, 2008 at 09:06 AM.

Hi OSDEA7,

If anyone is unhappy with any of the changes I made, I'll show how to reverse it. Go to SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data. And find the export_descr_buildings.txt near the bottom of the folder. Scroll down and find building siege. Add these lines in (shown in red)

siege_works city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Trebuchet" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, antioch, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, }
    recruit_pool "EE Trebuchet" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { poland, russia, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "GR Trebuchet" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "ME Trebuchet" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Trebuchet" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { mongols, timurids, }
    recruit_pool "EE Catapult" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { poland, russia, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "AS Catapult" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { mongols, timurids, }
    recruit_pool "Mangonel" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { jerusalem, antioch, england, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Greek Mangonel" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "ME Mangonel" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { egypt, turks, moors, }
    recruit_pool "NE Catapult" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, antioch, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, Normans, }
    recruit_pool "GR Catapult" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "ME Catapult" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }

Add the same lines in building castle_siege under c_siege_works

Another reason for this change was catapults are far to powerful with flaming projectiles on the battlefield and they are extremely accurate. I tried to make battles harder and make it so the human had to win battles less cheaply. You can re-enable them if you want but this does go against what I was trying to achieve, harder battles. Also note I kept flaming missiles for Ballista towers (I have not changed this).

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 08, 2008 at 12:17 PM.

How are your campaigns going guys? and are you finding it a tough mod? I hope so I am 56 turns into a campaign as HRE on VH/VH and control 17 regions including Venice and Arhus. At the moment I'm having to fight off naval invasions from Denmark in the north around Lubeck (but I have that covered). To the south Hungary has just layed siege with a full stack at venice. But I managed to get a reinforcement army their to save it. Im also at war with Milan who are in quite a strong position. So they are my main targets now. My early strategy of allying with France has really saved me I think. Because I couldn't have survived an invasion from them as well. I do have another ally though and Sicily is fighting in the war against Milan with me. And when Hungary attacked, Sicily declared war on Hungary the next turn. Poland are also likely to attack me soon because they don't like me and are allied to Hungary. So far the campaign AI and diplomacy is just brilliant! Also sending an army on a Crusade is bloody tough! I tried it and my faction leader ended up getting killed

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 09, 2008 at 04:24 PM.

I'm in a HRE campaign too but in h/h. I'm very quiet, I've attacked France, and years later, Poland launched an attack, but without enough troops. What are the change with VH/VH? Is the IA more intelligent, or more aggresive or with more money? And in battle? Is the IA more intelligent or are their troops stronger?

Hi Blackader, Lusted's campaign AI is more aggressive on VH/VH it will attack you the human with a higher priority. Also on this difficulty your relations drop with other factions. But they don't drop automatically with your allies which is better I think. Note there is no extra money scripts for the AI on VH.

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Hi Blackader, Lusted's campaign AI is more aggressive on VH/VH it will attack you the human with a higher priority. Also on this difficulty your relations drop with other factions. But they don't drop automatically with your allies which is better I think. Note there is no extra money scripts for the AI on VH.
    Ok, thank you. And on the battlefield, what bring VH?

These are the improvements Lusted made to his battle AI:

-Increased use of flanking by AI.
    -AI no longer passive in field battles v missile heavy armies.
    -Better AI in siege battles.
    -Better pathfinding for AI.

Note non of these are effected by what difficulty level you are playing on. As far as I know playing on VH battle difficulty in M2TW makes morale break earlier but the AI rallies its men more on the battlefield. So if you want longer lasting battles H may actually be better to play on.

Dave

Ok thank you very much.
    Just one other question: why I can't upgrade the armor of my generals despite my heavy armourer??

Page 1 of 98 12345678910112651 ... LastLast