Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Sorry Chosen. The help you need will come from one of the other guys as I am not so competent. I bet someone will help you soon. They are very quick here and this mod is worth the wait. Yeah Soul.

I'm sorry, but I'm pathetic at this. Give me a step by step explaintion.

Can you just go Start-All Programs-KGCM and then right click-open?

Apparently the only thing is shows is KGCM Patch 4.1 and in it is only the uninstallment of the patch.

You need KGCM 3.0 and 4.1 only as far as I understand it. You do not have 3.0? If not that is the problem.

Indeed I do have KGCM 3.0 but KGCM 3.0 isn't really unpacked. I might try uninstalling the patch and installing again. Maybe that might work? Or the original problem just lies when I downloaded KGCM 3.0 and it couldn't unpack?

When KGCM 3.0 was downloaded it came as some wordpad icon.

I know unpacking is not necessary and troublesome for the newbie like myself and perhaps you. Hopefully Soul Firez will return.

I'm starting to think downloading from filefront may be the problem. The patch that was downloaded from Megaupload worked quite fine and I see there is an alternative download which is on Megaupload for KGCM 3.0. I'll go try that.

Thank you for your help though Soul Firez and Grislok

The file download from filefront often gets corrupted by virus protection programs. This leads to most user problems. Downloading the alternative version from megupload should work fine, as long as you follow the install instructions in the download thread correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    The file download from filefront often gets corrupted by virus protection programs. This leads to most user problems. Downloading the alternative version from megupload should work fine, as long as you follow the install instructions in the download thread correctly.
    Ah I see. I just installed the Part 1 from Megaupload and it looks like it's working great!
    Now I'm downloading part 2 and then going to install. After that, I'll install the patch 4.1.
    Patch 4.1 will work with the downloads from Megaupload correct?

Chosen...just tell me if you are playing successfully and if so what campaign.

I don't know if this is frequently-asked, but, is it possible to use a particular unit that doesn't belong in a faction? For example, adding Burgher Pikemen or Swiss Pikemen to England's list of units? Is that possible when you tweak the export_descr_unit txt and export_descr_building files??
    Last edited by Damaris; August 10, 2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Additiona Info

yes but you would also need to do the MDB file and well make another skin for the unit or have him look exactly like he does from one of the other factions

EDIT also you will need to make a copy of the unit card and unit info card and put that in the ui files of the faction your going to give the unit to .. the reason you need to change the mdb is so the unit doesnt come out as a silver surfer
    Last edited by Soul Firez; August 10, 2009 at 03:07 AM.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Hey,

does this mod add dismounted knights at all such as Teutonic, Templar or any of the others?
    sorry if this question has been asked before

thanks

there is a submod of this mod thatdoes dismounted Knights it has tempars hosptiallers santiago confree knights all dismounted hmm one more i think to rittbuer are arealy dismounted for the tuetonics??

Thanks for the reply.

awesome could you please tell me were this sub mod is located?

about the teutonic knights http://totalwar.honga.net/unit.php?v...utonic_Knights there's these ones they look basically the same as templar but the red cross is replaced with a grey one. There kinda useless cause the ritterbruder are much better

thanks again for reply

Oh never mind i found the sub mod
    Last edited by SpetsNazTR; August 10, 2009 at 09:29 AM.

I'm fairly certain that this has been covered, but: how can I add Sherwood Archers back into the game (v4.1)? I went looking for some threads on the subject to no avail. If someone could take the the time to map out a step by step for me, that would be great, or lacking that give a link or post number. Thanks!

its quite easy to do actually but if your worried about doing it right try fortress's sub mod KGCME that has an optional part with sherwod archers available again in the woods man guild as they were in vanillia.

Otherwise merely add it to the edb file perhpas in an a high lvl archery building just follow the same style entry as what the other units have it will not be save game capatable though

Thanks for the feedback. So I take it that no matter what I do, I'll have to restart a new campaign to get the archers back?

yeah you cant change recruitment mid game sorry